Why Not Outer Space?

Why Outer Space - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 26th Jan, 2008 - 10:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Apr, 2007 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

Why Not Outer Space?

Matrix

Why Not Outer Space?

Here is something to consider... with all the brilliant technology that the Robots had, why did they not attempt to go into Outer Space in search of another planet? If fuel is the issue on earth maybe another source (planet) would be better? They could even tap into solar energy and somehow funnel it back to earth?

Sponsored Links:
26th Jan, 2008 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

Space Outer Why

Matrix

I'm guessing that they could barely maintain themselves so to worry about going into space woulda been out of the question.

26th Jan, 2008 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Why Not Outer Space? RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

QUOTE (Buff)
they could barely maintain themselves

This absolutely cannot be the reason. Morpheus clearly states as he was explaining the real world to Neo that with the human body producing as much bio electricity as a 120 volt battery that the machines had found all of the power that they would ever need.

My first theory that would have prevented the machines from starting space exploration would have to be the lack of oxygen. With all of the machine advancements I could see an organic nature to their electronics preventing them from leaving the oxygen base of the earth. As you may remember in Matrix Revolutions when Neo and Trinity were traveling to the machine city they go up above the machine that were attacking them and as they were climbing into the upper atmosphere the machines started shutting down and falling to the ground. The same was true for the hovercraft that they were flying as it also lost power as it climbed away from the earth.

26th Jan, 2008 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Space Outer Why

Matrix

I thought that might be from the enormous amount of Gs rather than a lck of oxygen. Why would the machines need oxygen? The other theory I have is that the machines felt it would be futile to use existing power to look for something that humans already have investigated and found not to be there - fuel, but then that would be untrue since we already know that a lot of what has been explored has shown to have many valuable gases. The other theory might me be that they have gone into space, but that part of the 'story' has not been show to us, yet.

> TOPIC: Why Not Outer Space?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.