Iran Politics - Page 3 of 10

That is the part that really got me when I - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2007 - 2:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Politics in Iran
1st Aug, 2007 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics - Page 3

Karbala, first of all do not tell me as a Journalist what should or should not do. As far as I know you are not a Journalist hence have little or no knowledge on my news analysis. Having said that, common sense dictates that any individual can be portrait as an angel for some and as evil for others (Bush, President of Iran, Blair, even Osama Bin Laden, etc).

Just because YOU and other people see this guy as a terrorist to the level of Bin Laden (yes, you compared him to him) does not mean I believe he is one. End of the story. So please back off on that little thing you always do that is to tell everyone what to do. It is annoying.

You get way too emotional in the discussions (as expressed in this last message of yours), and that's definitly not a good thing when you debate issues of this nature. Having said that, your assumptions that I hate the Iranian government are so silly. I do not hate it at all! Just because I do not agree with some of its policies, does not mean I "hate" it. *shaking head*

Your accusations that I hate the Iranian people is a HUGE insult to me and I am surprised you would say something of that nature as I am defending terrorists! That's the worst insult I ever got. It is hurtful.

Rather off topic, but...
I will leave this thread for a while before things get really out of hand. I am extremely disappointed of such low and hurtful accusations you brought up against me.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2007 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics
A Friend

Politics Iran

You get way too emotional in the discussions (as expressed in this last message of yours

LDS_forever I try not to get emotional but what do you expect when you go around defending terrorist organisations. I apologise if I offended you but do you realise how offensive it is to read someone defending a TERRORIST ORGANISATION which carried out bombings to which my own father was a witness to? Have I ever defended AL-Qaeda or Bin Laden? So you are annoyed when I tell you not to defend an OFFICIAL TERRORIST ORGANISATION?

Just because YOU and other people see this guy as a terrorist to the level of Bin Laden (yes, you compared him to him) does not mean I believe he is one.

So you go ahead and ignore the official terrorist lists of the US, UK, EU, and reports from Australia and Canada? LDS_forever I don't think you realise what you have done, you just made a stand for an OFFICIAL TERRORIST ORGANISATION. It isnt just me who calls them terrorists its 99% of the Iranian people and most official state terrorist lists.

Rather off topic, but...
Don't comment on this topic if you wish. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what possessed you to defend this organisation?

2nd Aug, 2007 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Iran Politics History & Civil Business Politics

Karbala:

LDS_forever I try not to get emotional but what do you expect when you go around defending terrorist organisations.

I never met anyone who can twist words in the sick way you do, you are a master at that (nothing to feel proud about by the way)"Going around defending terrorist organizations"? You are either mad or drunk.

First of all, I never defended ANY terrorist organization. YOU brought up the names of those organizations, I simply provided what I found on Wiki and asked a couple of questions.

All I did was correct your ignorant comparison between Jafarzadeh and Bin Laden. I was and I am focusing on the guy, I am not denying he is a controversial figure (so is Bush and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) but of course your sick mind always have to twist things around to your agenda. What I said about Jafarzadeh and his discovery (nuclear facilities in Iran) is a fact., whether you want to admit it or not.

Right below his article on Fox News, reads the following:

Alireza Jafarzadeh is a FOX News Channel Foreign Affairs Analyst and the author of "The Iran Threat: President Ahmadinejad and the Coming Nuclear Crisis" (Palgrave Macmillan, 2007).

Jafarzadeh has revealed Iran's terrorist network in Iraq and its terror training camps since 2003. He first disclosed the existence of the Natanz uranium enrichment facility and the Arak heavy water facility in August 2002.

Prior to becoming a contributor for FOX, and until August 2003, Jafarzadeh acted for a dozen years as the chief congressional liaison and media spokesman for the U.S. representative office of Iran's parliament in exile, the National Council of Resistance of Iran.

Interesting that Fox News and the US will have such a low-life terrorist working for them, no? How come he is not in the Most Wanted List as Osama Bin Laden? Could you explain that for me?

You know what is the most ironic thing about all this? How you dare even to say "boo" about my statements on why I believe he is not a Bin Laden when most of the world condemns the actions of the President of Iran and YOU defend them all the time. Same guy who thinks Israel should be wiped off the map and hold conventions and invites Anti-Semites, who does not even believe the Holocaust ever took place... who continue ignoring the UN. You should be the LEAST of all the people to point out fingers when yourself defend such a man.

I apologise if I offended you but do you realise how offensive it is to read someone defending a TERRORIST ORGANISATION which carried out bombings to which my own father was a witness to?

You did not offended me, you are making me sick right now which is quite different. You still insisting I defended a terrorist organization, SHOW ME A STATEMENT WHERE I DEFENDED SUCH ORGANIZATION!

This is the ONLY statement I made about an organization:

NCRI (National Council of Resistance of Iran) a dissident group is a terrorist organization? Or you mean they are considered terrorists because they oppose the Iranian government?

Where did I defend it? Or once again, the *Iamalwaysright* Karbala assumed I was defending this organization based on thesequestions I asked? Your interpretations on things can be quite pathetic not to mention you read intentions for everything. What a bad habit of yours.

So you are annoyed when I tell you not to defend an OFFICIAL TERRORIST ORGANISATION?

I am annoyed at your sick mind that would interpret (wrongfully) that I defended any terrorist organization. I did not only defended any terrorist organization but did not defend ANY ORGANIZATION PERIOD! Prove me wrong or again, stay quiet!

LDS_forever I don't think you realise what you have done, you just made a stand for an OFFICIAL TERRORIST ORGANISATION. It isnt just me who calls them terrorists its 99% of the Iranian people and most official state terrorist lists.

You are like an old record playing. I will say it for the LAST TIME. READ MY LIPS: I never defended ANY organization whatsoever. I want to believe that you are at least literate and you know how to read, therefore I will strongly suggest you that instead of making such stupid remarks (as you have done so far) read properly before assuming or again, stay quiet!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Aug, 2007 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Politics Iran

Karbala:

It must have been my mispelling of the word skepticism that didn't properly display my refrain from placing all my Iranian beliefs onto the teachings of this correspondent. Being a well informed adult, I mold my opinions myself from a multitude of sources, you are included but not to the exclusion of others.

As for "where there is smoke there is fire" comment, I mean that if you strip away some of the subjective verbage, there are some interesting facts in the article. In your earnest to condemn the author, you might have missed some of them. The article or blog entry, if you will, points out that there has been a minimum of 124 recorded executions in 2007 as recorded by Ammensty International. Is this false or a propaganda smear? Is this more or less government sanctioned killing than in the past few years? This would be the fire part. Now, to link this directly to Ahmadinejad is probably a stretch and would be the smoke part. Now considering that the world thinks the US executes tonnes of criminals each year, we should probably compare numbers. So far, the US has executed 32 people for crimes this year and none of them for treason. That means Iran has executed about 4 times more than the US. Also, this number is going up from the last couple of years where there were slightly under 100 executions. So, are more Iranians deciding to become criminals or has something changed. It is a interesting question and the correspondent gives his thoughts as to why, but all I take from it is that something is happening and there has been a change. What you cannot deny is more people are being killed...regardless of the correspondents current or previous affliations.

One senior Iranian cleric, Ahmad Jannati, the leader of the regime's Council of Guardians, defended the increased executions in religious terms: "If it was Imam Ali (the first Shi"ite leader after Prophet Mohammad), he would have executed more people because he was not a man who would have compromised with those who disrupt [the] security of the society." President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad defended the executions as a way for Iran to protect society "with all its power."

Now, I am sure there will be another cry of missinterpretation, but these quotes sure do make it seem that government is on-board with the current pace of population control.

The high priority of implementing these new 'security measures" was made clear in a July 2007 interview with the director of Iran's prison system, Ali Akbar Yessaqi, who spoke with Iran's state-controlled news agency (ISNA). In his interview, Yessaqi conceded the existence of the regime's secret prisons [torture centers] for political prisoners, the execution of juveniles and the policy of making arbitrary arrests, and also reported that Tehran is building 41 new prisons in Iran.

Again, was Mr. Yessaqi misquoted? I am sure the correspondent understands the language, he lived there. So, there are secret prisions for political prisoners, juveniles have been executed, arbitrary arrest have been prescribed and there are going to be 41 new prisions in Iran. Why is there a need for 41 new prisons? Are people turning to crime at unprecidented levels? If so, why? Have the laws changed that made more people criminals now? Has there been enforcement of old laws that have resulted in more arrest? I don't know, but I do know more people in Iran are being planned to enter prisons. Also, why indescriminantly arrest your population? What is the purpose there? Install fear of the government? I don't know, but apparently there is a need to harrass the populus as seen fit by the government.

People are increasingly frustrated with the economy's poor growth, rising inflation and lack of distribution of oil wealth. In addition to rationing gasoline in late June, the world's second largest crude oil producer has seen both inflation and unemployment soar to 30 percent, housing prices double in one year and food prices skyrocket since U.N. sanctions were imposed last December.

Now did the UN sanctions really cause the prices to go up? Probably not, since the sanctions were aimed at stopping the sale of or helping the development of a nuclear weapons. No where in the sanction did it say to stop trading food and goods with Iran. However, in the last sanction, international banks were not allowed to give any additional loans to Iran. The lack of international loans hardly explains the 30% inflation and unemployment. That is just bad fiscal government. Probably should rethink the whole idea of filling those new jails and get those people out there working and paying taxes! But the one thing I can take away from the paragraph is that there is high inflation and unemployment and gas rationing and people just are not happy. Similarly, when Jimmy Carter was president and we had a gas shortage in the US along with inflation, unemployment and high interest rates, people were not happy. They actually voted him out of office in a landslide Regan victory.

University students, enraged at these actions and other "fascist" policies of Ahmadinejad's "dictatorship," continuously form campus protests that are met with bloody crackdowns by the authorities. Students carrying banners demanding "freedom of expression" are routinely beaten with chains, stabbed and arrested with no further word to their families.

Now this implies a government conspiracy against the students. Is it true? I don't know, but I do take from the paragraph that some university students are still not happy with their existing amounts of freedom and are harrassed and arrested. Is that a incorrect statement? Nope.

Despite increased crackdowns on dissent during Ahmadinejad's presidency, protests continue to spring up among Iran's workers, teachers and bus drivers who repeatedly form demonstrations over their low and unpaid wages. In March, officials arrested 1,000 teachers among the 10,000 protesting their salaries outside the parliament in Tehran; the income of high school teachers in Iran - even though higher than that of many government workers - puts them below the poverty line. Bus drivers have gone on strike to protest the government's refusal to recognize their union rights, and thousands of them have been arrested. The regime also arrested the wives and children of union activists in order to compel the activists to come forward. Workers" riots and demonstrations reveal how profoundly Ahmadinejad has failed to deliver on his promises to be the champion of the Iranian worker and put the country's oil wealth "on people's tables."

Were teachers arrested? I would believe that this would be a easy lie to spot, so I am willing to believe it is true. Could Ahmadinejad be a bit behind his campaign promisses and people are a bit upset at that? Definitely. Are teachers and bus drivers demonstrating? Again, that would be a easy lie to find, so I tend to believe it. So what do I take from this. There are some unhappy people with the current economic condition of Iran and some may even blame Ahmadinejad. Also, there seems to be repeated reports of complainers getting arrested and there are those new prisons. Are these untruths? Is everyone in Iran insanely happy?

So was the corrrespondent 100% correct in all his stilted prose? No, a great deal of it is stated as a exaggeration of the whole, but there obviously are people that are unhappy. They obviously, as of now, are not the majority or things would be significantly different in Iran. Are they someone that the government might be concerned about? Apparently, they are getting arrested and 40 plus prisons are quite a expectation of things to come.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2007 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

Iran Politics
A Friend

Politics Iran

LDS_forever I do not want to just go back and forth with you. Read your own posts and try to view the matter from the POV of someone who lost an innocent brother/sister/mother/father/daughter/son at the hands of these murderers. Would it not be offensive? Please LDS_forever you may not like the way I argue or you may not like the way I interpret your statements. But as a good gesture just show me that you consider the MEK to be a terrorist organisation. Alireza Jafarzadeh is a spokesperson for this organisation. MEK + Spokesperson = Terrorist.

Can you imagine the uproar I could cause if I did the same for AL-Qaeda?

AlQaeda is a terrorist organization? Or you mean they are considered terrorists because they oppose the US government?

In the UK if I said the above statement I would be arrested. I would deeply offend the family of people who had lost loved ones in 9/11 and 7/7 attacks. Personally I would feel very guilty about such remarks. You said the same thing about NCRI because of whom many Iranians lost innocent loved ones.

You straight up defending a person who is the spokesperson for an internationally recognised terrorist organisation.

Interesting that Fox News and the US will have such a low-life terrorist working for them, no? How come he is not in the Most Wanted List as Osama Bin Laden? Could you explain that for me?

That is interesting isnt it? It might also interest you that the US at one point in time also supported Saddam and the Taliban. Recently the USA also was found to be financially linked to a terrorist organisation linked to Pakistan called Jundullah which operates in Iran. Alireza Jafazadeh is a spokesperson for an internationally recognised terrorist organisation but he is useful to the USA. FOX News? Yes they are very good people (sarcasm).

What I said about Jafarzadeh and his discovery (nuclear facilities in Iran) is a fact., whether you want to admit it or not.

What difference does this make? Yes it is a fact so what? He is still the spokesperson for an internationally recognised terrorist organisation.

most of the world condemns the actions of the President of Iran and YOU defend them all the time. Same guy who thinks Israel should be wiped off the map and hold conventions and invites Anti-Semites, who does not even believe the Holocaust ever took place... who continue ignoring the UN. You should be the LEAST of all the people to point out fingers when yourself defend such a man.

Ahmadinejad has not blown anyone up. He has not carried out assassinations. He has not killed civilians. He did not side with an insane murderer against his own people. So tell me what is the similarity between him and terrorists?

2nd Aug, 2007 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Iran Politics

Read your own posts and try to view the matter from the POV of someone who lost an innocent brother/sister/mother/father/daughter/son at the hands of these murderers. Would it not be offensive?

The only thing I have left to say to you and then I will move on to other aspects of this whole issue (because we are going in circles like mad people do) is this:

Did you lost your own mother like I did at the tender age of 1? Well, I did! In the hands of the same people you tell me I defend: Terrorists! Masked men coming in the middle of the night, kidnapping people, taking them to torture centers and torture them to death just because they opposed the government. So please do not even DARE to tell me who could be offended and who could not by my statements!

What I said, in no way reflect your sick interpretation. I doubt very much you went through what I did, and I doubt very much we will agree on this so before continue replying to me with the same old record, do me a favor and just either move on or stay quiet! More you write, more foolish your statements sound. You don't know me, neither my family history, neither what I went through as a child because of terrorists!

The impact of having lost my own mother in the hands of terrorists affect me until this day so please, please just remain silent on this issue!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Aug, 2007 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics - Page 3

Vincenzo:

So, there are secret prisions for political prisoners, juveniles have been executed, arbitrary arrest have been prescribed and there are going to be 41 new prisions in Iran. Why is there a need for 41 new prisons? Are people turning to crime at unprecidented levels? If so, why? Have the laws changed that made more people criminals now? Has there been enforcement of old laws that have resulted in more arrest? I don't know, but I do know more people in Iran are being planned to enter prisons.

I found the account of an Ex-prisoner, a Frenchman who was locked up for 15 months in Iran because he strayed into territorial waters. The article is three pages long but is worth the reading because he recalls his personal account in Evin prison. It seems the prison is huge because "has its own school, hospital, concession shops and its own taxi service to shuttle prisoners, family members, employees and lawyers across the vast distances between the buildings."

For three days, their captors treated them politely and fed them well, although they could get no information and were not allowed to speak with each other, Lherbier said.

On the fourth day, Lherbier was awakened at 2 a.m. and taken to a room. The solidly built former factory worker was placed in a chair in a corner, facing the wall. He estimates there was silence for 15 minutes. Some people entered the room. Lherbier could not see faces as they began speaking in Persian to him.

Suddenly, someone pinched the back of his neck very hard and began screaming into his ear.

Lherbier thought he heard a gun cock. He winced in pain and cried for mercy.
Everyone seemingly was speaking at once.

Through the chaos, a voice spoke in English, the first words Lherbier had been able to understand since he was arrested.

"He wants to kill you," the voice told Lherbier. "He wants to cut your head off. And you can be sure that nobody will find your body."

With that, the interrogations began....

...The two men were stuffed into a single cell roughly 6 1/2 feet long by 6 feet wide. They tried to sleep on the cold concrete floor despite a light that was on 24 hours a day. A video camera was trained on them. Someone shoved food through the door three times a day; it was always rice. A hole behind a partition at one end of the room served as a toilet.

The pair took turns shuffling back and forth.

"It was impossible to breathe," Lherbier said. "I thought I would die."

After a week, a doctor examined them and told them the judge had rejected their appeal. They were fingerprinted and put for two days in a dank holding cell filled with violent criminals.

"Are you a Christian? Are you a Christian?" one prisoner asked Lherbier. "Pray for me! I am sentenced to death because I had an affair with a woman. Please pray for me!"

...They quickly discovered one could buy anything in Evin, including contraband.

"Opium, crack, ecstasy, cocaine - everything you want," Lherbier recalled.

For a fee, prison guards could arrange sexual encounters with female prisoners staying in another section of Evin
, Lherbier said.

"Iran is terrible," Lherbier said, "because you don't know who decides."

2nd Aug, 2007 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Iran Politics Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

That is the part that really got me when I first read the blog. 41 new prisons...not jails. A prison is a fairly good sized complex that holds more than just a few people. I am trying to find data on how many prisons we have in the US and the amount that are added each year, but I am certain that this number is much lower than 41. I can only remember 1 time when we voted on funding for a new prison in the state I lived at the time. You don't build prisons unless you plan on filling them... Otherwise, it is just wasted money and with the economy what it is in Iran, I cannot believe that waste would be tolerated well.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Iran Politics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,