Biofuels, The New Oil? - Page 2 of 3

I had not heard of this before, but it sounds - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 17th Jul, 2008 - 5:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Agricultural prices expected to rise over the coming years.
23rd Apr, 2008 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil? - Page 2

Rather off topic, but...

ArrwynCliona what I was referring to is superconductor technology. Here is a quick line it is getting closer to reality but lots still to do.

https://superconductors.org/History.htm

All I was getting at is there is lots of alternate solution to oil and the combustion engine if we just put the monies into to like they did the combustion engine.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2008 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil?
A Friend

Oil The Biofuels

Trying to get congress to put money into a good alternate energy source is like try to pour molasses down a ramp in the middle of january. IT is going to be a long slow process. I hope that change can happen soon but as long as big oil has congress in its back pocket I doubt that many funds are going to be set aside.

15th Jul, 2008 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I heard on the radio this morning during my commute that the price of corn has increased so much that it is no longer cost effective to make ethanol. They are barely covering their costs. No room for any profit. Apparently they used to buy corn for $1/bushel and now it is over $6/bushel.
Manufacturing the ethanol has increased the demand for corn resulting in higher prices. An added repercussion will be increased cost in meat because the feed has increased so much.

16th Jul, 2008 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Oil The Biofuels

Creating fuel out food seems counter productive.

That is why some in Congress are not going to automatically put more money into an unproven technology. Let the Private Sector come up with a cost effective and marketable solution to the energy crisis, and then we can pursue that course nationally.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2008 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil?
A Friend

Oil The Biofuels

I think more fields should be converted to switch grass so we can get more ethanol out of it and save the corn for food and cattle feed. I think that is a much better way to go. If we get too much switch grass bales it and feed it to the cattle.

16th Jul, 2008 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil?

Makes more sense as long as the fermentation proccess is as effective. I would think they could take a few cuts a year and have more raw material then the corn would have produced.

But using animal feed and human food for fuel never made any sense from thew start unless you had two taps on that still one for human usage and the other for the car.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2008 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Biofuels, The New Oil?
A Friend

Biofuels The Oil - Page 2

Yes they say that using switch grass produces more ethanol than corn alone. You can get more cuttings per year. Usually if the weather is good you can get three cuttings sometimes four per year. IF we are able to make the switch to switch grass then I think it will be worth it.

17th Jul, 2008 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Biofuels The Oil Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I had not heard of this before, but it sounds like it is definitely worth a closer look.

The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) believes that biofuels-made from crops of native grasses, such as fast- growing switchgrass-could reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil, curb emissions of the "greenhouse gas" carbon dioxide, and strengthen America's farm economy.
https://bioenergy.ornl.gov/papers/misc/switgrs.html

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Biofuels, The New Oil?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,