Us Sells Weapons To Middle East - Page 2 of 5

QUOTE Now if you are trying to emphasize that - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Aug, 2007 - 8:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
7th Aug, 2007 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Us Sells Weapons To Middle East - Page 2

I cannot help but see the US not acting upon what the result should be. In other words, if you are going to do this, then ensure it works for you and NOT against you.

I wish that The U.S. could ensure that every foreign policy that it pursued would turn out right. It would make our life easier and we would not have to face all of these artificial tyrants down the line. But when we chose to enter the global world, we ended up dealing with tyrants on all sides anyway, and I do not know how to maintain some stability without dealing with at least the lesser tyrant.

In my opinion, most of the stupid decisions that we make as a country, are made by unelected leaders, such as the State department or the CIA.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2007 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

East Middle Weapons Sells Us

The U S doesn't need to sell weapons to the middle east. They just gave away over 170,000 in Iraq and they don't know where they are. They had this in the news today as well as on Paul Harvey, and these were real good weapons.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 15 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.5%

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Us Sells Weapons To Middle East
A Friend

Us Sells Weapons To Middle East History & Civil Business Politics

It is without doubt that U.S has adopted this policy since World War II (when it befriended Soviet Union, even though against Communism), it has always backfired on itself.

First, obviously, it was Soviet Union. Then the Arab extremists we now know as Al Qaeda. Then along came Saddam and finally now we see history repeating itself with Pakistan.

What the U.S needs to realise is that the only people they are harming are themselves. She only notices the immediate benefits and tends to ignore the long term ramifications. Everytime the U.S has taken a decision like this, they have been affected.

The U.S should give their decisions a thought before they decide to go ahead with them.

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 East Middle Weapons Sells Us

They once hired Bin Laden and his crew to get the Russians out, now they are looking for Bin Laden.

This is an urban legend. It's been debunked for quite some time (kind of like the UL that the only reason the United States Congress authorized the invasion of Iraq is to seize WMDs).

Allegations that the U.S. provided funding for bin Laden proved inaccurate
State Department Fact Sheet

13th Aug, 2007 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

East Middle Weapons Sells Us

QUOTE (Tortdog)
This is an urban legend.

I saw this on a US documentary where the journalist did research and conducted several interviews. It was years ago, just after September 11th. I find it strange that such a reputable media enterprise in the US will make a whole episode on an urban legend. Keep in mind that this was alleged based on CIA activity which is always denied. It is only now there is SOME admittance to the torture tactics (see other Thread on this as it will be off topic). In any case, this is not to be singled out, the Thread is about the US Sells Weapons to the Middle East - no urban legend there.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I do too. Which "reputable media enterprise in the US" came out with a documentary that debunks the accounts given by:

* Former CIA official Milt Bearden (ran the Agency's Afghan operation in the late 1980s)
* Al Qaeda's number two leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri (confirmed Al Qaeda received no U.S. funding)
* Abdullah Anas (an Algerian who was one of the foremost Afghan Arab organizers)
* Brigadier Mohammad Yousaf (in charge of the Afghan Bureau of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), which ran Pakistan's covert program to aid the Afghan mujahidin)
* Marc Sageman (worked closely with the Afghan mujahideen as one of Milt Bearden's case officers)

And besides these witnesses of the facts, the CIA has continued to deny ever providing "funding, training, or other support to Usama Bin Laden."

But conspiracy theories are fun to talk about, I admit.

Support

Again, I'd sure love to see the name of this reputable media enterprise, and if they concluded as you say, then seems they might be viewed a little LESS reputable than before. The producer/author of the documentary would be nice to know, as well.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Aug, 2007 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Us Sells Weapons Middle East - Page 2

I believe it was aired on 60 minutes, however as I said this was years ago, so I cannot say for sure. I do remember in one part of it the former CIA guide was pointing out that when he was sent to Afghanistan to see how 'things' were going against the Russians he came across Bin Laden (one of the users of the US Military weapons), and he was witness to him and his crew that were there, fighting the Russians, using US military weapons. Now if you are trying to emphasize that the US did not ever sell directly to Bin Laden formerly then I will buy that, but do not try to paint the picture that the US has never sold her tactics to once friends now enemies. Especially do not try to tell me that the US did not sell weapons to the Taliban and others who work for Bin Laden and his type when they were repelling the Russians. The US continues to sell weapons to the region - stay on Topic.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2007 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Us Sells Weapons Middle East Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Now if you are trying to emphasize that the US did not ever sell directly to Bin Laden formerly then I will buy that,

Okay.

but do not try to paint the picture that the US has never sold her tactics to once friends now enemies.

I wouldn't argue that. Never is a very long time.

Especially do not try to tell me that the US did not sell weapons to the Taliban and others who work for Bin Laden and his type when they were repelling the Russians.

Well, I am not sure if there's any evidence of U.S. weapons being sold to the Taliban or bin Laden. I do know that America sold weapons to the mujahidin factions. Funding for the Taliban and bin Laden came from Arab sources. I suppose it's possible that the Taliban (were they even around back in the 80s?) and bin Laden used Arab funds to purchase U.S. weapons.

But then again, I don't know. Do you have any reliable sources that support your view?

The US continues to sell weapons to the region - stay on Topic.

I certainly will try to. But it is very hard for me to ignore other "topics" that are brought up in making an argument furthering the main topic, such as the argument that America funded/armed/created bin Laden. If that is not to be addressed in this discussion, then it should not be brought up.

Correct? And, yeah, America is selling arms to allies in the Middle East. Color me surprised. Meanwhile, China and Russia are selling arms to Iran, a state that is in violation of recent U.N. Security Council resolutions and funds terrorists.

Now give me information about America funding terrorists, and then I would be concerned. Selling arms to our allies? Naw.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Us Sells Weapons To Middle East

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,