Russia vs Georgia - Page 5 of 9

I understand your examples quite clear, that - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 4:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

?
Poll: Who do you support: Russia or Georgia?
  Russia       0.00%
  Georgia       75.00%
  I'm neutral       25.00%
Total Votes: 4
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
versus
Post Date: 29th Aug, 2008 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Russia vs Georgia - Page 5

Russia hits back at G7 criticism

Criticism of Russia's actions in Georgia by the G7 group of nations is biased and groundless, Russian officials say.
Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2008 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Georgia Russia

Georgia breaks ties with Russia

Georgia is to cut diplomatic ties with Russia, days after Moscow recognised South Ossetia and Abkhazia as independent.
Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2008 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Russia vs Georgia History & Civil Business Politics

Moscow warns EU on Georgia ties

Russia says further Western support for Georgia's present leadership would be a historic mistake.
Ref. Source 4

10th Sep, 2008 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Georgia Russia

I hope they are right, if not they will be taken with a rude awaken as to just how defenseless they are, and as has already been seen the US can do nothing for them from so far away.

Georgia positive on Russia pledge

Georgia's president cautiously welcomes Russia's planned troop withdrawal from areas around South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Ref. Source 7

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Georgia Russia

Troops will be gone but the passports remain. That means that nearly all the citizens of S.Ossetia and Abkhazia are full fledged passport toting Russians in a fully autonomous Republic of Georgia. Step 2...secede from Georgia and apply for Russian Annexation. No WAY the UN or anyone else will stand against the desires of the people if done in a nice manner such as this. If Georgia wants to keep those territories, then they better make sure that the Russian withdraw also includes passports as well.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Russia vs Georgia

I have not heard the passports being an issue in the main stream news. Perhaps Georgia does not want to emphasize this because then it will look like a civil problem that Georgia does not want to accept more than a Russian invasion.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Sep, 2008 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Russia Georgia - Page 5

That is why when I heard about it, I thought it was brilliant strategy on Russia's part, because there is no way to argue about a area as a whole that wants to leave your country. I mean we even talk about if Vermont has legal rights to secede from the US. I keep going back to the US Civil War. In that war, the states that were seceding had no backers that were willing to go to war with them. Now some countries did play both sides of the fence with trade, but no one was willing to get involved, so it was a game of who had the bigger army and the north won. In this case, S. Ossetia has a buddy...Russia. Russia is willing to get into the war and once in are the biggest dog in the fight and it isnt even close! So, if the southern states had the backing of say Britain (with troops and ships to knock out the blockade), things probably look quite a bit different in the US today. Say the Confederacy agreed to be a satellite state of England in exchange for the support? It was only because no other bigger power got involved did it become a one on one match. In a one on one match, Georgia wins. Passports are the biggest weapon that Russia is leaving in S.Ossetia and it was a really smart move!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Russia Georgia Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

I understand your examples quite clear, that was a good find on your part. Now that their trick is at least discovered the other former states will be buckling up their citizenry and monitoring their moves. Just look in the other Threads, they are already trying to soothe the hearts of their people. As for Georgia, I wonder if the US will stockpile them with arms and missiles.

By the way, did you see that great piece of News that FarSeer found that may add to the reason for the invasion? Check it HERE.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Russia vs Georgia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,