Russia vs Georgia - Page 6 of 9

OSCE 'failed' in Georgia warnings - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Nov, 2008 - 11:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

?
Poll: Who do you support: Russia or Georgia?
  Russia       0.00%
  Georgia       75.00%
  I'm neutral       25.00%
Total Votes: 4
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
versus
10th Sep, 2008 - 5:08am / Post ID: #

Russia vs Georgia - Page 6

I have no doubt that the US will offer generous discount rate defense for Georgia. I just dont see them getting into it with Russia when S.Ossetia secedes.

Honestly, in looking at the history, I really just think that S.Ossetia was thrown into Georgia via a very old boundary that had them in the state for a few years. Really, I think they shouldnt have been included in the Georgia sucession as there were problems under the very old boundary with these regions.

Rather off topic, but...
Definitely saw that juicy bit of information from FarSeer. I think that Russia was looking for those weapons that the US was accused of sending over in the form of aid, but got a huge find against Israel's interest. Israel is VERY good at covert ops and is not a lap dog of the US by any means. As I have said, it isnt the US's reaction to Iran that I fear...it is Israel's because they will do something about this without the world backing them...done it before and they will do it again!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2008 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Georgia Russia

The big thing about this whole incident is that it shows that Uncle Sam may not be there for you when the beast knocks. I think many, including those in Georgia are going to wonder if the benefits of being a friend to the US outweigh being friends with Russia or at least neutral with Russia.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

12th Sep, 2008 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

Russia vs Georgia History & Civil Business Politics

Take the US lead. Be neutral friends with Russia.

You cannot be a ally of the US and then go thump the nose of another ally or foe for that matter and be guaranteed that the cavalry is coming. It just doesnt work that way. For some, the choice of resurrecting their role as a satellite fiefdom doesnt excite them and they are more than willing to accept more US defense support. Others may find they have more in common with Russia. Still some others have nothing in common with either.

However, you cannot be a ally of the US and then go thump another ally or foe for that matter on the nose and be guaranteed that the cavalry will be coming. Just doesnt work that way.

Should Israel go and bomb the Iranian nuke factory, they cannot be guaranteed that the US will come save them from the reprocussions. Now am I saying that they would let Israel fall...no. Am I saying that the decision would have to reach a point of us talking about their being no Israel if there is no action...sure am.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2008 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 6 Georgia Russia

Putin defends Georgia offensive

Russia's prime minister defends Moscow's military intervention in South Ossetia, saying "an aggressor needs to punished".
Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2008 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Georgia Russia

Putin defiant on Caucasus troops

Vladimir Putin says the decision on how many Russian troops stay in South Ossetia and Abkhazia will not involve Western nations.
Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 15th Oct, 2008 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Russia vs Georgia

Georgia, Russia hold direct talks

Georgian and Russian officials begin their first direct talks since the war over Georgia's rebel region of South Ossetia.
Ref. Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2008 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Russia Georgia - Page 6

Georgia denies 'war crimes' claim

President Saakashvili rejects evidence unearthed by the BBC that Georgia may have committed war crimes in South Ossetia.
Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2008 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Russia Georgia Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

OSCE 'failed' in Georgia warnings

An ex-Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe official accuses it of failing to warn about the Georgia conflict.
Ref. Source 2

+  « First of 9 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Russia vs Georgia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,