James E. Faust

James E Faust - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Aug, 2007 - 11:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Did you ever meet Pres. James E. Faust?
  Yes, I am a close friend of his       0.00%
  Yes, at a conference or meeting I shook his hand       50.00%
  No, I only saw him at a distance in a conference       50.00%
  No, I have only seen his picture or on TV       0.00%
Total Votes: 2
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 

Died on Friday 10th, 2007
10th Aug, 2007 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

James E. Faust

James E. Faust

When I saw him in Trinidad some years ago, his health was deteriorating quickly. My deepest sympathies to Pres. Faust's family at this very difficult time.

President James E. Faust, 87, Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a general authority for nearly 35 years, died early today.

He was set apart as Second Counselor to President Gordon B. Hinckley on March 12, 1995, and served there for nearly 12 1/2 years after being an apostle for 16 years. He was ordained to the Quorum of the Twelve on Oct. 1, 1978, at the age of 58.

One of his last notable public appearances was on June 23, 2007, on the occasion of President Gordon B. Hinckley's 97th birthday and also the dedication of the new Gordon B. Hinckley Alumni and Visitors Center at Provo's Brigham Young University.

"These past 12 years have been a tremendous blessing to serve with him and Thomas S. Monson and see quite literally the Lord working through a prophet," President Faust said during the dedication.

In his final General Conference address on April 1, 2007, President Faust extolled the healing power of forgiveness.

"Let us remember that we need to forgive to be forgiven," he said. "In the words of one of my favorite hymns, 'Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be/E'en forgiven now by me.' With all my heart and soul, I believe in the healing power that can come to us as we follow the counsel of the Savior 'to forgive all men.'"

Sponsored Links:
10th Aug, 2007 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Faust E James

That is sad. My fondest memories of Pres. Faust remain with me from my Mission and even to Trinidad when he came to visit with the Prophet. Speaking of which, Pres. Hinckley seems to be out lasting even his counselors. This means someone new has to be called to the 12 as well as one chosen for the First Presidency.

10th Aug, 2007 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

James E. Faust Studies Doctrine Mormon

He was a devoted husband and father. When he had to go to WWII and be separated from his newly bride, he wrote a letter to her every day. The letters arrived at different times and one day Sis. Faust received almost 100 letters in one day. This is the kind of love he had towards his wife.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2007 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Faust E James

A Thread about the Next Apostle is located here: The Next Apostle.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2007 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Faust E James

REMEMBERING PRESIDENT JAMES E. FAUST

President James Esdras Faust, 87, second counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was remembered Friday by colleagues, politicians, fellow attorneys and religious leaders as a man of wisdom, love and integrity who managed to make both his family and his church the top priorities in his life.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...99797,00.html

James E. Faust
James E. Faust (Hover)

12th Aug, 2007 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

James E. Faust

In his final General Conference address on April 1, 2007, President Faust extolled the healing power of forgiveness.

During this address, I developed a newfound respect and love for President Faust. The speech touched me deeply. He is a wonderful leader and teacher. He will be missed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Aug, 2007 - 6:19am / Post ID: #

James E. Faust

This was very surprising to me - I hadn't heard anything about it until I logged on today. I have a fond memory of Pres. Faust when he spoke a couple of years ago in General Conference from a special chair they had set up for him due to a back problem. He said something to the effect that the rumors of serious illness were untrue, and for some reason the way he said it made me feel connected somehow.

Pres. Faust will be missed, for his kind demeanor and gentle spirit. May his family be comforted during this sad time.

12th Aug, 2007 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

James E. Faust Mormon Doctrine Studies

JB when it was announced in church this morning. I thought the same thing Pres. Hinckley seems to be outliving his councelors.
I so enjoyed his last message on forgiveness as well. Pres. Faust will be truly missed.
Anna

Reconcile Edited: paintingblue on 12th Aug, 2007 - 11:45pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: James E. Faust

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,