Tortdog Introduction - Page 4 of 17

Hey, big tax attorney needs to make extra - Page 4 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 6:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
USA RM to Brazil / Tax Attorney
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction - Page 4

JB
I did answer (in the edit). I didn't see your point until after I posted that long reply.

But, yeah, Persephone screwed up. There weren't any quotations in my post. All those words were my thoughts put to, well, digital paper. I rigorously cite to authorities, and NEVER plagiarize. That's a HUGE sin in my book and profession.

As a result of her "goof," I've wasted 15-20 minutes of my time. I could recreate it, but is it really worth it now? (Admittedly, I'm somewhat upset at the waste of my time.) And, we've wasted your time in dealing with Persephone's flub.

As an aside, in a post prior to your own, I had stated what my post was comprised of:

And I cited to articles on the Internet (which people could read and backup my points) while also summarizing those articles for people who just want to scan it.

That's my norm. I cite to an article and provide my own summary of it as a matter of convenience. Sometimes I take text directly from the article. If so, if it is less than 49 words, I use quotation symbols. If it's longer than 49 words, I use the "quote" tags. (That's considered proper form in legal/publishing standards, I.e., blockquotes.)

LDSForever
Sorry, but I didn't quote anything. So it would not be appropriate to "quote" the work as though it were from someone else when it's my own words.

Right? I mean, I don't customarily quote myself...

Rather off topic, but...
I'd offer to treat Persephone to lunch, where we could discuss how to get along better, such that she doesn't keep deleting on-topic posts, but I'm not even sure that she's a she or that she is real...

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 22nd Aug, 2007 - 2:06pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Tortdog

Tortdog:

LDSForever.

Sorry, but I didn't quote anything. So it would not be appropriate to "quote" the work of someone else when it's my own writing.

I see. Well, she probably thought it looked too much like the News Bot. Have you seen it? Read my edit of my last post.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Tortdog Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Tortdog, I will apologize for the hiccup, I sent you the text via your Email already formatted so you just have to post it back in the Iraq Thread. I know everything seems rigorous, but we get an unbelievable amount of spammers and infiltrators here so our Bots and Scripts have to do their thing.

Also, no need to Quote tags - you are good to go.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Introduction Tortdog

QUOTE (Tortdog)
I'd offer to treat Persephone to lunch, where we could discuss how to get along better...

Honey, how do you think your wife would feel about you going out to lunch with someone that looks like Persephone?

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tortdog

Well, as for avatars I'd say that YOURS is the most seductive, Ms. Attitude. Persephone looks, hmm, like a statue. But since I highly doubt that either avatar matches the actual person, let alone who the person is behind the postings (JB suggested that at least Persephone is a computer), I'm sure my wife would not worry too much.

And even if I did have a lunch with a knock-out gorgeous woman. So what? Happens all the time in business. What is important is how one acts at such an encounter (and the reason for that lunch). Whether the person is attractive ought to be irrelevant, in my view.

At least, it is for me. Besides, I don't mind hanging around attractive people one bit. I'm not going to avoid them. I'm hoping I'm one of 'em!

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Tortdog Introduction

Tortdog, out of curiosity are you from the Baby Boomer era or just after?

Here are some Topics that I would like to see your response to if you will so indulge me:

* Re-write The U. S. Constitution
* Halliburton
* Similarities Between...
* Prostitution
* Polygamy Vs Murder
* Should He Die?

Also, after Attitudes mention of marriage I noticed that you have "married" as opposed to "sealed"? Yet to go?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction - Page 4

I'm just after the baby-boom. I'm in no-man's land.

* Halliburton

Probably can't opine on that. It used to be my client. I'll have a look though.

Hey, I get paid to write articles. So when do I get my check from you guys?

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Tortdog Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 4

Hey, big tax attorney needs to make extra cash? (writing articles)

Hey, I get paid to write articles. So when do I get my check from you guys?

The day JB wears a pink wig to Church.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Tortdog Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,