Tortdog Introduction - Page 6 of 17

QUOTE (Tortdog)Shhhh. Don't tell my - Page 6 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 25th Aug, 2007 - 1:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
USA RM to Brazil / Tax Attorney
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2007 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,028
Flag Posts: 51,685
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,587.43 FP
Charm: 394

Tortdog Introduction - Page 6

QUOTE (Tortdog)
Am I making sense? Any suggestions?

yes, I understand. You do not 'have' to do anything that your character cannot do. Medieval is very realistic, if you do not feel you need a horse then you do not need one, but you must of course be innovative where transport is needed, however as the GM I cannot say what you should do.

If your character cannot afford something then check the sticky Threads within the main Medieval Board for possibilities or simply Upgrade to exchange FP for gold. Really, a lot of this you can Discuss in the camp Thread as it is related to the game, just make sure that as you do it, you also move the game forward. For instance you may say that your character contemplates about his lack of gold and kicks some stones near his foot. Then out of character you question the others about what to do.

QUOTE (Tortdog)
My apologies there if that's a bother.

No bother at all. In fact you already have quite a bit of FP, make some more Posts and you may be able to exchange that for GP via the Forum Shop.

Lastly, I never saw you as the RPG type, it is actually surprising. We have other RPGs that you may wish to join in as well: Ruler of Kings, Love & Life Bytes, Plugged and so forth. Actually, how come you have not tried Nephi RPG?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2007 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tortdog

I am actually not a fan of "churchy" games, or movies for that matter. Although, Saints and Soldiers and The Best Two Years have changed my mind a bit. Nephi thus didn't start to float my boat.

In truth, I've done D&D years ago ... years. My brother used to act as DM. But we gravitated more to the board games by Games Shop (think that's right) since it was easier to play a 2-player game (and I only had so many brothers). Played loads of fantasy/strategic games growing up (Avalon Hills made a mint off us). As computer games came into being, we moved to those since we could play them remotely.

My son makes loads of maps for Warcraft (still one of the best games ever made, in my very humble opinion). My other son plays them (and I join in when I find the time). Both have an interest in doing RPGs. Frankly, the holdup has always been getting enough people together (since you lose one as a "master") and finding the time. Using forums to achieve this end is pretty good.

In fact you already have quite a bit of FP, make some more Posts and you may be able to exchange that for GP via the Forum Shop.

I'm about 100 posts short of a horse. So, that'll take a bit (especially being all constructive).

I'll post it in the thread, and try to make it "quick" so the party can get on with things.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 24th Aug, 2007 - 11:07pm

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2007 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Tortdog Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Nephi is the only one 'churchy' as you put it... not a typical Mormon eh? We have about twenty something other RPGs here and another ten interactive games, so there is essentially something here for everyone.

By the way, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Warren Jeffs? Hope that is not insulting.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2007 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Page 6 Introduction Tortdog

Puhlease. Besides, I can't imagine having two of my wives. You should SEE my honey-do list.

(Did my best to get the images up, but apparently they aren't coming through. Go figure.)

not a typical Mormon eh

Pride myself on that. Hate being typical.** Definitely not into Molly or Mike Mormons. Despite that, they put me in all sorts of callings allowing me to wreck havoc on our poor local congregations. Go figure. And they won't fire me. What's with that? (Still chuckle recalling the dance YA dance where I made sure there were several Coke products present. Ya know, everyone else in the leadership wanted them, but I was the only one brave enough to carry it through...) Have I also mentioned the ward activity in which I held it at a country bar to engage in country dancing, to help bring in a couple from the ward which loved doing that every Friday feel like they would fit in? There were actually more Mormons there than non-Mormons (though we left before the real crowd arrived). And we tipped the poor server heavily, since she wasn't making much money off our crowd.

*Is that where you found my picture? I'm thinking it's the only public photo on the net. Could be wrong, but I am curious.

**Though I believe there is a difference between being "typical" and having the Spirit with you. I'm a firm believer that the Spirit is essential in all our affairs, but also believe that He has a sense of humor.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Second edit - you missed my edit by editing your post. We do not allow linking to images here. Please use the Gallery which allows you to upload up to 10 photos, large ones too.

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction Tortdog

We have a Thread on Warren Jeffs here (actually a couple), so I know what he looks like, and yes, I saw that picture. Actually LDS_forever and I looked at it and without saying what each other thought we came to the same conclusion. Maybe we should start a Thread... "Does Tortdog resemble Warren Jeffs?" laugh.gif

As for the LDS input, so you are one of the rebels eh? You did not say (either purposely or not) about having "Sealed" as your status.

I am also curious... how does an attorney have this much time to participate online?

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2007 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction

As for the LDS input, so you are one of the rebels eh? You did not say (either purposely or not) about having "Sealed" as your status.

I don't consider myself a rebel. I'm normal. Everyone else is kind of off. And I'm the free thinker.

Didn't see that "sealed" was a status. Guess I didn't scroll down enough. Think I just typed "m" for married and was done with it. But, yeah, I've been sealed for 17 years. I hear it lasts longer than that, though.

I am also curious... how does an attorney have this much time to participate online?

Shhhh. Don't tell my wife. She hates that I spend time posting on forums. But I love to write. And I love to argue (in the positive sense, of course, since I regularly make arguments in court). So forums give you the ability to write well-reasoned arguments in a flash, and force you to think.

Love 'em.

So I poke in when I can. Even if it's just for a few moments. And, being a government attorney, it's a little easier than when I worked in private practice.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 25th Aug, 2007 - 12:14am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2007 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Tortdog Introduction - Page 6

Tortdog:

And I love to argue (in the positive sense, of course, since I regularly make arguments in court).

I would have never guessed. rolleyes.gif *laughs*

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2007 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Tortdog Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 6

QUOTE (Tortdog)
Shhhh. Don't tell my wife. She hates that I spend time posting on forums.

That is too bad, we could use more couples on here.

Is that where you found my picture?

I missed that earlier question because of your edit. Yes, I searched you out when you initially joined because of all the 'ruckus' in the beginning. That is an up to date picture? Looks like you when you were back in college?

And, being a government attorney...

Ah that is good, please tell Pres. Bush to send us a couple of green cards so I can get out of this wretched place.

Blog Read My Blog

> TOPIC: Tortdog Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,