Tortdog Introduction - Page 9 of 17

QUOTE (Tortdog)You say that what I want is - Page 9 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (17) »
Closed
USA RM to Brazil / Tax Attorney
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction - Page 9

Going over that IBQuiz, I got 30% right. I'm complaining. Every answer I gave was thoroughly researched. I am quite sure I nailed it 100%. I don't want to post the answers, but I do think your answers might be off a bit (thinking that's the case on the Beatles song and the year of the invasion by Italy - since there was more than one invasion) or not specific/too specific. For example, the top of a flag pole, there are various names for it. I picked the most fancy name, but not sure if that's the one you used.

Anywho...I'm quite certain. I can even provide cites. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Tortdog

RPG Question
My character is overburdened. He has a small bag and a horse with saddle bags.

I am not seeing any posts instructing us on the weight that a person can carry, or how much each item weighs. So I am unable to determine what to change to make myself unencumbered. I'm also unclear on whether I personally am overencumbered, or just my horse. (I've searched for encumber* and weigh* and read everything.) I definitely don't want to be overencumbered, since it kills my stealth.

In short, I really am shooting in the dark. What I see in my possession certainly seems to be able to be carried by a horse, with some stuff on my own back. But that must not be the case. So I really do need to know:

* how much I can personally carry,
* how much my horse can carry, and
* how much the weight of each item is.

Absent that, how can I don't see how I can make a decision to unencumber myself.

I also need info on how much gold is "too much" to cause noise while I carry it. If my gold is jingling, then I suppose I can put it in a saddle bag.

(In real life, my guy could determine how much gold jingles, and how much the horse or he could personally carry by trial and error. But I can't do that without several posts via orders and responses by the GM saying it does or doesn't work.)

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,036
Flag Posts: 51,693
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,593.68 FP
Charm: 394

Tortdog Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

No weight stats - too much work. Encumbered is a note for me after taking into account:

1. Your class
2. Your body
3. Your ability to be flexible while carrying equipment

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Page 9 Introduction Tortdog

Thanks for the quick response. I've advised on our order in the thread.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Tortdog

Your last post was deleted for not being constructive, based on one or more of the following:

1. Stay on the topic, see our Constructive Posting Policy
2. Ensure that you use good English, no slang, proper spelling, uppercase letters where necessary, etc.
3. Do not post just off topic messages or lengthy quotes, only Bots may do this, Members must add input.
4. Make sure that you are not just trying to increase your post count by either duplicating or posting vague information, but also add worthwhile replies that are related to the Topic.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

Tortdog Introduction
A Friend

Tortdog Introduction

Moved to my thread to be constructive. I think...

You say that what I want is available if I pay for it. But the thing I most want is a current topics forum (where old threads die timely deaths if there are no recent posts). A place where current news articles can be posted and discussed.

(Similar to what you see on various news sites, where the article is posted and you post comments to that article.)

Is that here somewhere? I was under the impression that it was not.

Ohh...one last thing. Ever thought of making a Firefox toolbar that allows us to post links as we find them to the forums as we browse off site (kind of like Digg or StumbleUpon)? Making it easy to post news articles to this forum for discussion could bring something big. Might not be what you are seeking. But I really enjoy the ease of using Firefox toolbars to archive/post in other places.

Thank goodness that Al Gore invented the cache.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:39pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.0%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Tortdog Introduction - Page 9

Tortdog:

But the thing I most want is a current topics forum (where old threads die timely deaths if there are no recent posts). A place where current news articles can be posted and discussed.

I do not know what is so complicated about this. It's simple. In our Community there is not such a thing as "old" or "new" threads, hence the "old" ones are not erased. If you are interested in current topic news, then just reply in the new ones.

Similar to what you see on various news sites, where the article is posted and you post comments to that article

You are speaking about a News Blog. This is not a blog.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2007 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,036
Flag Posts: 51,693
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,593.68 FP
Charm: 394

Tortdog Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 9

QUOTE (Tortdog)
You say that what I want is available if I pay for it.

No, no, no. You do not PAY for anything here - let us make that very clear. You could never PAY me for the hours I place here. You make a DONATION and as a 'thank-you' for that Donation we increase your abilities here.

QUOTE (Tortdog)
I most want is a current topics forum...

I will say it one last time... again... you can do this in YOUR own Board. Look for a Thread about having your own Board. You can put whatever you want in that and have your own rules, etc. I cannot remember the requirements off hand, look it up.

Ohh...one last thing. Ever thought of making a Firefox toolbar

You know, you really need to spend more time on this site... you are asking for many things already available and already documented and answered - just learn how to use the Search feature to find it.

As for adding that to our current Toolbar I would say "no", too much work on our part to check out each link, but that should be brought up in the correct Board.

Lastly, kindly try to enjoy the place as it is. It is not going to change for you or anyone else. There is NO other Community on the net that has the number of features we provide with quality content at the same time. If you find this Community hard to use, become adjusted to or not meeting your requirements then this is most likely NOT the place for you.

Maybe LDS_forever or the veteran Members will answer the rest of your questions, if any.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!

> TOPIC: Tortdog Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,