Suicide Among Soldiers - Page 3 of 9

Local sailor set to deploy kills himself A - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st May, 2010 - 3:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »
USA US Army stats
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2009 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Suicide Among Soldiers - Page 3

Marine Dylan Kemp hangs himself after Afghanistan hell:

The suicide note apologising to his family and blaming his time in Afghanistan was found at the scene in Croydon, South London. Dylan's death comes as the Sunday Mirror can reveal that 67 servicemen have committed suicide in the last six years after returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2009 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Soldiers Suicide

Hopefully the government can find a way to help these soldiers so that they will not be taking their own lives any more.

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2009 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers History & Civil Business Politics

Exclusive: Parents of Soldier Who Killed Himself in Iraq Speak Out

Gregg and Jannett Keesling are the parents of Chancellor Keesling, a US soldier who took his own life on June 19th of this year. Chancellor was on his second tour of duty in Iraq. During his first deployment, he suffered mental health issues so severe he was placed on suicide watch. After getting back to the United States, Chancellor had turned down a bonus offer to return to Iraq in the hopes he wouldn't be redeployed. But he was called back in May. One month later, he took his own life. Since Chancellor's death, Gregg and Jannett Keesling have yet to receive a letter of condolence from President Obama. After making inquiries, they discovered that this was not because of an oversight. Instead, it's because of a longstanding US policy to deny presidential condolence letters to the families of soldiers who take their own lives. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2009 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Page 3 Soldiers Suicide

I have to agree with that policy as I have been aware of it for a long time. I feel sorry for this family for their loss and I still hope the Army does a better job at getting help to the soldiers who really need it.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2010 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Soldiers Suicide

Suicide the unseen enemy for Marines

Commanders recently honored a young lance corporal in Afghanistan for saving another Marine's life, giving the hero a medal. But it was not a sniper or roadside bomb that nearly claimed the Marine in distress. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 2nd May, 2010 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Among Soldiers

helping a fellow soldier not take his own life and getting him the help he needs can help this fellow and others like him get all the help they need. Knowing what signs to look for can save many lives.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd May, 2010 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Soldiers - Page 3

Thats really sad, these men and women are hero's. Yet they can't seem to shake the things they have seen and done. The military should try and be more sensitive to its troops maybe. I know you are supposed to be tough and be strong enough to shake this stuff off. Obviously though it is not that simple or easy.

Being able to admit you are having serious problems should be step one I think. Getting these individuals real counseling should be as important as the next shipment of bombs or whatever.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 21st May, 2010 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Soldiers Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Local sailor set to deploy kills himself

A young sailor provided a stark example for military leaders gathered this week in San Diego for the Navy's conference on combat and operational stress control. Hours after an admiral on Wednesday described the strain on his forces amid a quickening pace of deployments and nine years of war, the 24-year-old man, who was about to ship out, shot himself in the head. Ref. Source 7

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Suicide Among Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,