Suicide Among Soldiers - Page 8 of 9

I did notice they mentioned Trump like he - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Aug, 2017 - 2:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 
USA US Army stats
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Among Soldiers - Page 8

Something else it doesn't appear they took into account is the combat history of the unit. A unit that was in the thick of things and saw a lot of action has a higher occurrence of PTSD and depression, both of which can lead to suicide. So, it may not be that the unit is experiencing increased suicide attempts because others in the unit have, it may be they are experiencing it because they have a lot of PTSD due to seeing heavy combat.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Soldiers Suicide

Everyone knows that if someone in a unit attempts suicide that causes the rest to think of it and then do it. Never mind the other factors that come with the increased risks. It is like lemmings if one does it the rest will follow.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Among Soldiers History & Civil Business Politics

KN,

But these aren't lemmings, they are highly trained soldiers who think for themselves. I'd like to look into the history of the units and see if there is something else at play here. I just don't think that humans will consider suicide just because someone they know did. In that case, half the Army and Marines are susceptible.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Page 8 Soldiers Suicide

I understand that. I was talking sarcastically there. The rate of suicide is usually high with soldiers after they have come back from combat zones and can not deal with the changes in their lives and the way they look at their family and loved ones. Things change and without a good outlet to talk it out with they feel that is their only recourse.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Soldiers Suicide

U.S. Military must do more to prevent suicides among service members. A study released Monday by the Rand Corp. Found that the U.S. Military isn’t doing enough to prevent suicides among service members. Source 8d.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Among Soldiers

They had to do a study to understand this? Oh come on any third or fourth grader could have told them that a long time ago. I guess the government spent a lot of money for this study to be done just to come to the conclusion most anyone could have told you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Soldiers - Page 8

They should have saved the money they payed Rand and spent it on combatting suicide among soldiers. It would have been money better spent.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Soldiers Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

I did notice they mentioned Trump like he has any control over this. I know he wants to help veterans but I think it starts while they are still in service.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Suicide Among Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,