Suicide Among Soldiers - Page 2 of 9

55 deaths in three months is not a good sign. - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Apr, 2009 - 11:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »
USA US Army stats
30th May, 2008 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers - Page 2

KNtoran you point is an interesting thought since the article indicated National Guard and Reserves as being the higher contributer to the death rate. Reserves are civilians who do not wish to commit to full time soldiering and are more prone to start pondering why am I hear. I am sure dwelling on that thought to long would be dangerous as it would lead to more and more negative feeling and feeling of entrapment.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th May, 2008 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Soldiers Suicide

I think it is higher among the national guard and reserves because most join these two branches to get a education and not serve in a war. Once they get their orders to serve in the active military they probably do feel trapped and seeing no way out they take their own lives. This is something I know the military, states, VA and some veterans groups are taking seriously. We have a all volunteer force and we want to keep it that way. We need to make sure those who are joining the military branches are not only physically ready but mentally ready for the possibility of combat.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Suicide Among Soldiers History & Civil Business Politics

US army suicides hit record high

The US military says 128 soldier killed themselves in 2008, a record level for the second year in a row. Ref. Source 9[/quote]

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Page 2 Soldiers Suicide

I hope that the military takes a closer look at this and does something within the service to put some of high risk soldiers into better counseling. Having them be able to talk to other soldiers who have gone through some of it can help I think . A group type for those who can thrive in that and more one on one to others who will not get anywhere in the groups.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2009 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Soldiers Suicide

US Military Suicides at Record High; Report Finds Most Deaths at Single Colorado Base Were Preventable

As many as 143 soldiers took their own lives last year, the highest rate of suicides among US troops ever. We speak with Salon.com correspondent Mark Benjamin, co-author of an in-depth investigation of suicides at an army base in Colorado. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2009 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Among Soldiers

Of course the deaths were preventable. most people who are thinking of suicide will reach out to loved ones or a comrade who has gone through what they have. If more education and awareness is taught to soldiers they can help see the signs and help their comrades get the help they really need.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2009 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Suicide Soldiers - Page 2

Why Are Record Numbers of US Soldiers Committing Suicide?

The US military is grappling with a record number of soldier suicides. At least thirteen soldiers took their lives last month. That's down from the twenty-four military suicides in January and eighteen in February, but still in line with the most number of suicides since record keeping began. As many as 143 soldiers reportedly took their own lives last year. We speak with Emma Prophet, an investigator at the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2009 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Suicide Among Soldiers
A Friend

Suicide Soldiers Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

55 deaths in three months is not a good sign. At this pace we will have 220 deaths at the end of the year. This is an unacceptable number and it is higher than the last two years. I do hope that the army gets it act together soon to try to stop this highly preventable stat.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Suicide Among Soldiers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,