Is President Bush As Dumb As Some Say?

Is President Bush Dumb Say - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Aug, 2007 - 10:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2007 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This topic is an off-shoot of another, where a poster writes:

George Bush has graduated from Yale with a law degree. He has made a living off of people underestimating him to such a degree that he has become President of the US which is no small accomplishment. ... I am a conservative Republican and hate what this guy has done economically to the country and the rate he has grown government and debt, but I am constantly amazed at all the people that call him stupid, yet he keeps getting his way. No one even talks about the remarkable way he put all his potential competitors for a 2nd election into his 1st cabinet or staff and thus making them part of him or at least making them part of any negatives against him. That was simply brilliant. Of course, it has lead to the rediculous situation we have now for a Republican nominee. Again, that is up until just recently. Go ahead and keep underestimating this guy, I am convinced he will always suprise you...good or bad.

So is this opinion right? First of all, President Bush does NOT have a law degree, but he did graduate from two of the top universities in the world. So did Bush use intelligence to outmaneuver his opponents? Is he lucky? Is he someone's puppet?

Sponsored Links:
16th Aug, 2007 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Say Some Dumb Bush President Is

I was wondering if this should really be a new Topic, but then I decided it should be. There are many Threads here that Discuss various aspects of this man - both for and against. I do not think he is 'dumb' at all, you cannot be dumb and become President of the USA. Check some of these Topics for which you may also like to give input:

Bush & Religion

Catholicism Complicit With Bush?

President Bush And President Hinckley

Bush & Being Human

Is Bush Just Being Human? (Mature)

Bush & Comparison

Bush Or Clinton?

Bush & Definitions

Bush: Tribal Sovereignty?

Bush & Concerns

Is Bush Concerned About...

Bush & The Big Screen

The Assassination Of Bush

Bush & Books

George W. Bush - Portrait of a Leader

Bush & Popularity

I Like Gw Bush

Bush And Kerry Are Related!

Anti-bush Graffiti

Did Bush Cheat?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Aug, 2007 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Is President Bush As Dumb As Some Say? History & Civil Business Politics

Just because he graduated from two top universities does not mean he is "smart", he just has some good formal education under his belt. Having said that, he is not "dumb" at all either. He knows exactly what he is doing.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Aug, 2007 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

The Left in the United States has typically labeled conservative presidents and politicians as oafs and dummy's, labels which have stuck in the media.

President Reagan was considered slow and dimwitted by the left because of his mannerisms and an optimistic vision for the United States. They think President Goerge W is dumb because he does not have a perfect command of the English Language. I have a belief that the Left in the United States thinks that if a person can speak well he must be intelligent, and if he misuses words at times then he must be Stupid. For me these are not true indicators of intelligence but an indicator that someone is good at Retoric.

The left has labeled the president stupid, but in the same paragraph they will say that he knew about 9/11, is manipulating the world Oil market, Stole both elections, and is responsible for every conspiracy theory around. It would be hard to believe that someone so stupid could be responsible for so much brilliant connivery.

Rather off topic, but...

I wish the left would fight arguments on the points of an argument, rather then labeling a person (racist,stupid,sexist,islamophobic, Homophobic, weightist, classist,ageist, rich (as in the rich are soaking the poor), evangelical,misogynist) .

Once any of these words are thrown out then a person must defend himself or herself without the other person having to explain why they feel these labels apply.
Its like someone asking a question in an interview. How often do you beat your wife? The person doesn't need proof, they just need to throw the label out.

I am sure the right does it too.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

25th Aug, 2007 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Presidents are people too and they have their good points and bad, but its the advisers that can make a president look smart or dumb, but sometimes a guy just opens his mouth and says dumb things. We would probably be very surprised at how many times a president said or did dumb things threw out history, so I think Bush is as bright as most presidents. It the advisers who are dumb.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 15 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.5%

> TOPIC: Is President Bush As Dumb As Some Say?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,