Let's Car Pool! - Page 3 of 3

Yes we are a huge vast land that has all the - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2008 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
1st Oct, 2008 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool! - Page 3

Sorry to say you are far from alone in this. You just described southern Ontario, Vancouver , Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa. We went from one car families to 3 cars working o four.

Check out the links in transportation and such on road rage. Love to see your comments there lordryoko.

Take heart Trinis might not be any worse then the rest of the world. We shoot people on our highways now for cutting us off. It is crazy.

Perhaps the real solution and they like the rest will cry no money is to better the public transit. It does work then levee a stiff tax to bring the car into major city centers. Of course the real issue is the Government does not care as they

Sponsored Links:
2nd Oct, 2008 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Pool Car Lets

I'd support car pooling. Trinidad is too small a place to have so many cars.

And I don't think it's analogous to Canada. Canada is a HUGE country! And it's not that densely populated at all. Only about 30 million people live there and it's the second biggest country in the world. Harper (or whoever the next PM is) can afford to build lots of roads since Canada has the land. We do not.

This is one reason why I think the rapid rail project is a good thing.

2nd Oct, 2008 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Let's Car Pool! Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yes we are a huge vast land that has all the population lying at the border. Not many can stand the north and the cold long winters. There is no issue in this area.

Toronto(700squareKM) is 5-6 million people with few major highways and every one has to go work in the morning. Guess what there is no empty land there either. Sorry it is very similar.

But pouring into this is another 5.1 million in an area of 5100 square km. We only have one major highway.

Your traffic issue is ahead of us but we are closing in on it fast. Imagine 6 to 9 lanes of traffic not moving for almost 100 KM either side of Toronto.

You are likely more directly able to compare your traffic to new york city or Los Angeles.

Once a city or area is built up if the planners have not incorporated right of ways for expansion you are stuck. One answer is going up layering roads. Car pooling or penalizing those who travel in from outside.

Second having a lower population means less money for roads in city as we have to have roads traveling the vast empty lands. So much for that theory I guess.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Let's Car Pool!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,