Mariannelore Introduction - Page 2 of 2

Honey, that is what I keep saying, it's - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 14th Sep, 2007 - 2:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA Emigrate From The USA
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Mariannelore Introduction
A Friend

Mariannelore Introduction - Page 2

I might not be understanding. Whether or not the person has to forfeit his U.S. citizenship will depend upon the laws of that foreign country, not the United States. The reason is because the United States does not care what a U.S. citizen does AFTER he is a citizen (in connection with becoming a citizen of another country). The only time the United States requires a person to renounce citizenship is when they are trying to BECOME a U.S. citizen.

So if this U.S. citizen expatriates to Germany, whether he loses U.S. citizenship will depend on German law. In fact, the United States usually objects to American trying to renounce their citizenship, since America taxes U.S. citizens on their worldwide income.

In general, it is the U.S. citizen trying to get America to agree to revoke the U.S. citizenship - not the other way around. Once you are in - you are IN and you have to FIGHT to get out. The reason being that the United States wants to tax you once they get their hands on you. Very few ever escape.

Rather off topic, but...
Begin playing ominous music

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 14th Sep, 2007 - 2:11pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,031
Flag Posts: 51,688
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,589.83 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Mariannelore

QUOTE (JB)
If you give more information then I can point you to the correct Thread / Board.

This is what I said to the author of this Introduction, or in other words this is NOT the place for Discussion of Topics but it is meant as an Introduction of self only. Thank you for observing this and placing your thoughts in the correct Board and Thread.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Mariannelore Introduction
A Friend

Mariannelore Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Ohh. I didn't realize this was an intro thread. The header, "I Want To Emigrate From The Usa," suggested it wasn't to me. I had assumed he heard your advice and then created this thread as a result.

Apologies.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 14th Sep, 2007 - 2:13pm

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Introduction Mariannelore

Honey, that is what I keep saying, it's like you have to read something if you are going to understand it. You cannot operate in life using the gamble theory.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mariannelore Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,