AlaskanLDS Introduction - Page 3 of 26

User AlaskanLDS, thank you for your Donation, - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 5th Oct, 2007 - 12:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (26) »
USA LDS Mom
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2007 - 6:39am / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond Editor
[?] CPosts: 865
Flag Posts: 1,301
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.6%
[+] Gain: 225.45 FP
Charm: 44

AlaskanLDS Introduction - Page 3

QUOTE (JB @ 29-Sep 07, 3:56 AM)
...then Discuss the points the person tries to make to see the errors in the argument. We then can form a rebuttal.

Please read the sticky Threads within each Board as they explain the specifics. I hope that helps.

Okay, so then we can constructively counter with that point and discuss it? I guess I am just going to start back over. I think from clicking links and going various places of interest I must of missed some of these FAQ -sticky thread pages. I don't recall seeing them to click on but I will go re-read the FAQ and welcome pages and then post if I still have questions. Thanks! Sorry to bother you with stuff already here!

As for your friend, do not force her.       
...some people just do not have the 'talent' for online Discussion as you and I do.

THAT part I did read wink.gif I would never want her to come unless she wanted to as with anyone I would invite. I just meant I would keep her informed until she had a chance to see if it would be something she would like!

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 29-Sep 07, 4:45 AM)
... most cases if we quote an individual who may have been excommunicated, we usually make mention of it (IF the poster is aware of it).

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't taken as contention or trying to stir things up. I would not mean for it to be, I am just curious about if people know and what they have learned from reading material.

...I do not limit myself to just Sunday-Gospel sources but try to bring other perspectives to the table, hence the Mature section is supposed to be for those who are "ready" to read that kind of information we present, study it and come to their own conclusions.

I understand that point and agree that those that are present on those boards are probably at a level to do so. I just like to know about the person that wrote it, again, if it is available information. It could be that I just ran across an exception.

On the top of that, personally just because someone has been excommunicated does not mean ALL the work they have done have been in vain and should be discarded (this is my personal opinion).

I also agree with this statement, to the point of say the historians you mentioned. There are times when our sins have nothing to do with what we write or say--I think I am just more inclined to read something more carefully (not ignore it) when it has been written by a member of the church that has been excommunicated BECAUSE of their writings and such. Does that make sense? I am open to most anything because I have faith that as long as I am listening the Spirit won't lead me wrong. Although, just because I may "feel" like I shouldn't pursue something that has been written doesn't mean automatically it is wrong, it could also just mean I am not ready for it yet.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please edit your Post rather than double Post.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 15th Sep, 2007 - 2:50am
Signature: ~*~Don't lose faith in what you know because of something you don't know!~*~
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2007 - 10:25am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,027
Flag Posts: 51,684
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,586.78 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction AlaskanLDS

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
I think from clicking links and going various places of interest I must of missed some of these FAQ -sticky thread pages.

In every Board where you view all the available Threads there is always sticky Threads (Threads that are always at the very top) that have a 'Read Me First' Thread so you can know what the Board is about and how to participate there.

This is the Sticky for LDS Deep Doctrine:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/show.p...ST/f/120/t/6667

This is the Sticky for LDS Mature Board:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/show.p...ST/f/170/t/8408

I just like to know about the person that wrote it, again, if it is available information. It could be that I just ran across an exception.

Members are supposed to give relevant information about the sources of their information. The links above will state that.

Sorry to bother you with stuff already here!

No bother, after you get used to this place you will end up being the one answering the questions for other new people. wink.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2007 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

AlaskanLDS Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

AlaskanLDS:

Okay, so then we can constructively counter with that point and discuss it?

Of course! I personally LOVE a good debate (even when it gets heated) laugh.gif You can "attack" a point of view without "attacking" the poster. We try our best to separate ourselves from our posts, hence you will see within this forum generally that some of the debates get very heated but at the same time, we do not lose respect towards the poster or become emotional.

I just like to know about the person that wrote it, again, if it is available information. It could be that I just ran across an exception.

Maybe you can post in the thread you are speaking about and as an offtopic add you would like to know more about that particular source you are speaking about. Just a suggestion.

I think I am just more inclined to read something more carefully (not ignore it) when it has been written by a member of the church that has been excommunicated BECAUSE of their writings and such. Does that make sense?

Of course! Personally, I also read something carefully when it had been written by certain LDS authors as well who...let's just say...had an "interesting" view about some things in the past.

Looking forward to your posts in the Mature board!
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2007 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 3 Introduction AlaskanLDS

AlaskanLDS, I am not sure if you realized, but yours was the one bid for the LDS Pamphlets Collection and therefore you won. Please follow my Post there to complete the transaction. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2007 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Introduction AlaskanLDS

AlaskanLDS, thank you for your payment, your Item has been shipped today by regular mail from the Caribbean and will arrive within some weeks.

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2007 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond Editor
[?] CPosts: 865
Flag Posts: 1,301
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.6%
[+] Gain: 225.45 FP
Charm: 44

AlaskanLDS Introduction

I am wondering if you want to upgrade again do you just pay the difference between the two? I paid the $18 last time because it was all I could afford but would like to actually be a Premium Plus member.

Also can we just use our same paypal account and have an upgrade credited to Bob when he is ready? Thanks!

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 15th Sep, 2007 - 2:50am
Signature: ~*~Don't lose faith in what you know because of something you don't know!~*~
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2007 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

AlaskanLDS Introduction - Page 3

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
...upgrade again do you just pay the difference between the two?

Once it is done within 30 days then when you donate the difference in your account is Upgraded.

QUOTE (AlaskanLDS)
Also can we just use our same paypal account and have an upgrade credited to Bob when he is ready?

Sure, it does not matter, you just specify the account that it needs to be applied to. You can also donate towards credit and then it is entered in your account as a dollar amount to be applied however you will Upgrade, just for FP. gift to someone, etc.

More details can be found at:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?act=contribute

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 5th Oct, 2007 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

AlaskanLDS Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

User AlaskanLDS, thank you for your Donation, your membership has been upgraded to Premium Plus and the relevant FP and Gil has been deposited into your account. Now a whole new world awaits you within the Community. For further help you may contact the Architect directly.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (26) »

> TOPIC: AlaskanLDS Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,