Protect Meh Sheep - Page 4 of 7

You are happy to find a rabbit. You feel as - Page 4 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 17th Mar, 2008 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

11th April 2021's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Posts: 49 - Views: 7733
Closed

GM Tells Story Here
6th Mar, 2008 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Protect Meh Sheep - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Kalfie rides out to scout the tracks left last night. There are many wolf prints around the outskirts of the farm, but you are unsure if this was from last night alone or the nights before your arrival. You note that the open plains of the South are not far away and some of the tracks disappear in that direction. You are surprised by this and wonder what the Villagers might think if Southern wolves were coming into the boundaries of the Village.

Meanwhile...

Beowolf willfully checks the livestock mostly because Sophia is also there looking after them. Daphne is not amused.

Klar tries to explain the use of fire and smoke, but he is not accepting it and prefers you to go about making dead wolves happen rather than driving them away. You continue to explain what you will do next but he interrupts.,

"Will ye eat with us?"

GM: Say what you will do now.



Sponsored Links:
7th Mar, 2008 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Sheep Meh Protect

The Game Master says...

During the early part of the day a neighbor comes to investigate the night fires. The old man explains to him what has happened. The neighbor looks you over with a face of distrust, but after making some friendly conversation with the old man and Sophia he leaves to see about his own farm.

The group gladly accepts the offer of hot food and over the meal Kalfie relies what he found to the old man. The group's plans are finalized and the old man kept informed. The old man interrupts,

"Ah, I can breathe easier tonight! Methought, ye were trying to send me to an early death with all the smoke ye were brewing."

Sophia laughs, and upon seeing her laugh Beowulf chuckles as well. You see Beowulf is still head dead and heart stuck. You try to insist to him about his work ethic in the group and he is half hearted about it as he will only do those tasks that will place him in the realm of Sophia. What is most annoying is that Sophia does not try to help you all at all, she must be really lonely you think or maybe her motives are unknown.

Kalfie heads out and sets snares along the most traveled pathways of the wolves to the south of the farm. But first he sets some rabbit snares in the brush closer to the farm. As he travels he will attempt to trap any small game he finds in hopes of baiting some traps, so far he has no luck.

Pits with stakes are dug along the south side of the farm perimeter where it looks like the wolves traveled the most. A total of 2 are made on this perimeter.

GM: What are the sizes of these pits?

Closer to the barn on the west side but to the south reach visible by the house and within bow shot of both the barn and the house a third pit is dug. A long pole is drove into the ground in the center of each pit with a rope on it to which raw meat can be tied.

GM: Where are you getting the raw meat from?

You look over what you have done and wonder if it is enough. You ask for Beowulf to take a rest, but he chooses to linger longer with Sophia. Klar takes the opportunity gladly.

GM: Say what you will do now it is only 1pm.



10th Mar, 2008 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

Protect Meh Sheep RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

You hope for some rabbits by the end of the day, but you are not so fortunate. You resort to negotiating with the farmer's chickens. He let's you have then without cost so long as you catch wolves. You agree and place the birds on the three pits' poles. The blood drains and pours over the pits hopefully to further entice the wolves into them.

GM: Please note the new map created at the link below for your convenience, the key size (feet per block) and reply with exact positions. You can ask questions if you are unsure about how the current map relates to the story. Thanks.

Map of Old Farmer's Farm



10th Mar, 2008 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Sheep Meh Protect

The Game Master says...

Your pits silently wait for the night to fall. The wind blows sometimes in eratic patterns swaying the trees and occassionally making the animals flinch. Maybe it will rain, but it is hard to tell.

Being on a farm has made you grow hungry and the smell of Sophia at the pot makes life difficult. You thought only Beowulf was affected, but you see that Sophia has a hand that can entice anyone.

At this point the old man asks if you will join them for supper. Beowulf immediately agrees before the rest of you can answer. At the same time you hear once again in the distance howls, the howls of wolves. They sound just as they did the night before, but this time you have no fires and the sun has gone down. Things are dark, only one moon shows this night and it is duller of the two. You cannot see much detail more than 30'-40' in any direction.

You listen intently. They may be about a mile or two away. The animals in the farm get restless. You stand at the back door of farmer's home. The smell of broth tantalizes your boredom and hunger, maybe you have time for a bite, surely wolves cannot come this way so fast. You stand and rationalize as Beowulf is already eating in glee as Sophia serves his hunger.

GM: What will you do now? Beowulf has already entered the home of the farmer. Where will the rest of you go?



11th Mar, 2008 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Sheep Meh Protect

The Game Master says...

You yell at Beowulf,

"To the barn your sword be needed lessen ye be scared!"

Sophia and the old man are startled. Beowulf looks at Sophia with eyes for approval.

Sophia nods and tells Beowulf it is fine and that she will visit him later. You are disgusted by this and give Beowulf a look to show it.

Kalfie takes a bowl of soup or what he can manage with him to the barn. Klar takes sparingly and uses some of his own rations to fill out what is required to fill him. Kalfie and Klar head to the barn.

Daphne eats inside where she stays and watches through the house windows for the beasts. One person at each location will watch while the other eats. Then last two eat unless required to fight.

Soon after sup is finished Daphne hears a growling sound in the distance. Daphne looks out the window and sees eyes, wolf's eyes in the distance. The limited moon light has given them way. They seem to be watching wearily.

You then hear a yelp and then the eyes fade away as the clouds above become more intense and cover the moon. Light droplets cover the window.

The others in the barn are unaware of what is happening.

GM: Say what you will do now. 7pm



12th Mar, 2008 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Protect Meh Sheep

The Game Master says...

Daphne signals the rest of the group about possible danger.

It is darker now, the trickle of rain falls around the farm's yard.

The others notice Daphne's communication.

GM: Say what you will do now.



Sponsored Links:
13th Mar, 2008 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Protect Meh Sheep - Page 4

The Game Master says...

During the night you take precautions. Nothing eventful happens save for a down pour during the night. In the morning you awake to a new day with brilliant sun coming over the horizon.

GM: 6:00am. Say what you will do now.



17th Mar, 2008 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Protect Meh Sheep World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 4

The Game Master says...

You are happy to find a rabbit. You feel as though it is some sort of consolation prize for having all your other traps come up empty.

You check the pits where the wolves may have been caught in during the night, but to your dismay there is nothing there. You do see evidence of where the wolves were around it and one may have almost fallen in as evidenced by some claw marks near the rim of the pit, but did not.

You let the farmer know about what probably happened during the night and that you plan to look for the wolf den. He agrees about looking for the den, but is happy that none of his flock was taken in the last two days.

Meanwhile...

Beowulf is not happy about leaving Sophia, but after a promise from her that she will be there for him until he gets back Beowulf reluctantly follows. After your freshen up, eat and ready yourselves you wonder how to go about finding a wolf den in the vast open terrain that is nearby.

GM: 6:00am. Say what you will do now.



+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Sponsored Links:

 
> TOPIC: Protect Meh Sheep
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2021
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,