Trinidad Internet Services - Page 2 of 10

I decided to find out about TSTT new "BLINK - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th Oct, 2007 - 7:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Trinidad Internet Services TSTT, Flow, WOW Net, Cariblink, Greendot, Interserv and others here and there. This is your chance to rate your internet connection in Trinidad & Tobago.
2nd Oct, 2007 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Internet Services - Page 2

I was speaking to a tech from their department today and he was saying that they have three connection options. spock.gif

Anyway, tonight I started seeing an ad on TV for Blink Broadband. What is that about? Is that TSTT's new name for their ADSL2 or is that a different company?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2007 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Services Internet Trinidad

Blink Broadband is TSTT's ADSL2 Service. To see price packages: https://www.blinkbroadband.tt/Packages.html

2nd Oct, 2007 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Internet Services Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Trinidad Internet Woes Continue

I was surfing at my usual dial-up speed this morning on my EVDO when the net connection went dead. Usually if it is the US uplink problem then I will still be able to get TSTT's web site and I did. While there I decided to do a speed test, because I knew that if I could not access externa sites no one else would be able to and this is what I got:

Your current bandwidth reading is: 481.80kbps
which means you can download at 60.23 KB/sec. from our servers.

I then got on the phone and called TSTT to find out when the connection would be back up and what did I get? I got 50 minutes on hold and then I just hung up.

Welcome to service in Trinidad by TSTT - sickening.

I went back to the TSTT's site and did another speed test just to dwell with how high the figure is:

Your current bandwidth reading is: 429.10kbps
which means you can download at 53.64 KB/sec. from our servers.

To me this proves that the problem with connection from my location is not so much about the signal and more about the bndwidth alloted,

Now that is TSTT, on to FLOW:

I had called in for FLOW connection last week and they gave me an appointment for connection yesterday.

The technician came out late in th afternoon saying he would not have time to do the connection and then left - now that is service for you! So I do not have the FLOW connection and today I do not have the TSTT connection, in other words I am a sitting duck and unable to do any work. This in Internet Connection in Trinidad & Tobago.

I called back FLOW, they kept saying hold on until my cel money ran out.

TSTT just came back up... here is the stats of a bandwidth test:

Your current bandwidth reading is: 161.70kbps
which means you can download at 20.21 KB/sec. from our servers.

Seems like everyone else is back online now, look how low it is going.

After a couple of minutes:

Your current bandwidth reading is: 82.50kbps
which means you can download at 10.31 KB/sec. from our servers.

Now it looks like it is back to normal rolleyes.gif.

3rd Oct, 2007 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Services Internet Trinidad

Thank goodness for FireFox which caches most of the pages I visit so only new content has to be displayed - this cuts down downloading time tremendously and here is why with yet another bandwidth test tonight:

QUOTE (TSTT Bandwidth Test)
Your current bandwidth reading is: 29.70kbps
which means you can download at 3.71 KB/sec. from our servers.

Now what does that mean? Check this:

28.8 kbps  dial-up 
29.7 kbps  YOU 
33.6 kbps  dial-up 
53.3 kbps  dial-up 
64 kbps  ISDN 
128 kbps  DSL 
256 kbps  DSL 
1500 kbps  T1 Data Circuit 

FLOW has not called me about a new appointment to install internet and it looks like they never will.

3rd Oct, 2007 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Services Internet Trinidad

I have dsl and its good enough for me. Only 2-3 times I was not connecting, but the time period was short. I only use the net for less than an hour though.

4th Oct, 2007 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Internet Services

I have a makeshift antenna home over my wireless which got it down to as much as -65dbms and guess what I still got with that:

Your current bandwidth reading is: 15.60kbps
which means you can download at 1.95 KB/sec. from our servers.

I hope someone from TSTT Wireless is reading this Thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Oct, 2007 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Internet Services - Page 2

I placed an order for an external antenna for my EVDO (I talk about this in another Thread), and hopefully it will help my reception. It is ashame that I have to be paying all this money for crappy service from TSTT. A bill for TT$431 comes to my PO Bag each month, that is approximately US$70 a month for a dial-up speed wireless service. In the US you could easily get huge mega bit connections for half that price.

When you complain to TSTT, they talk down to you as though you should be grateful that they even gave you service - who the hell do thy think they are - god? We need someone more wireless providers in this country. I am happy for whatever FLOW and Greendot does to break the back of contract happy TSTT that is so scared about losing their customers that they bind them to year(s) long contracts like the devil would to hell.

8th Oct, 2007 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Internet Services Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

I decided to find out about TSTT new "BLINK BROADBAND" and this is what I have learnt:

1) Is BLINK BROADBAND DSL?

TSTT Rep: Yes Blink is an upgraded version of DSL.

2) Is BLINK accessible for everyone in Trinidad and Tobago?

TSTT Rep: No. We are in the process of upgrading and therefore, only certain areas can apply for BLINK.

3) What is the cost to install BLINK and do I have to pay for any equipment such as the modem?

TSTT Rep: At present, TSTT is offering FREE ACTIVATION and a FREE MODEM, for anyone who registers for BLINK right now. We have the following packages available for our clients:

Unlimited Internet Access 512kb - $149.00
Unlimited Internet Access 1 mb - $229.00
Unlimited Internet Access 2 mb - $349.00

4) Is there any Customer Support available 24 hrs / 7 days?

TSTT Rep stammering: I cannot comment on that right now. However, we will have all those things in place.

5) So if I would like to register for this new service, I have to visit one of TSTT offices?

TSTT Rep: No. We advise all our clients to register online only. The person who registered for your land line telephone is the only one, authorize to register for this service.

6) How long does it take to install this new service?

TSTT Rep: After registering online, someone will contact you in FOUR - SIX WEEKS time! An installation kit will be delivered to your home at the cost of $57.50

7) I thought TSTT was offering free activation and a free modem?

TSTT Rep: Yes the activation and modem are both free for a limited time only. However, the client must pay for the installation kit, a one time fee only.

8) So the client can install this new service and not a TSTT technician?

TSTT Rep: Yes. However, if you require technical assistance, the client will be charged $402.00

Well folks, there you have it. TSTT's latest gimmick. They hope to avoid the rush by allowing people to register online and there is a long waiting period to receive the BLINK BROADBAND. And to add insult to injury, the client has to install the service and not a TSTT technician. Heaven help us all!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 8th Oct, 2007 - 7:49pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad Internet Services

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,