Hair Dye & Pregnancy - Page 2 of 2

Chemicals from hair and beauty products impact - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 13th Dec, 2021 - 5:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
12th Oct, 2007 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Hair Dye & Pregnancy - Page 2

Being pregnant is an exciting time for any woman. Doctors are careful to advise pregnant women to adhere to a sensible diet, exercise and be mindful of the baby growing inside. I have heard doctors who are opposed to pregnant women using hair dye because the chemicals in the dye, can be harmful for the baby. Other doctors argue that it is yet to be proven that the hair dye can be dangerous for the unborn child. If any home kit hair dye products have a warning label which indicates not to use while pregnant, I think it would be prudent to adhere to this. LDS' doctor advised her if a hair dye must be used, then the individual should ensure the room is well ventilated. To me, this indicates that the hazard is not only the chemicals seeping into the blood stream when applied to the hair but also, inhaling the fumes. People are different; what may affect some, may not affect others. I believe for the sake of anyone's unborn child, it would be wise not to use hair dye. If you are feeling self conscious because of those tell tale grey hairs or you wish to change your hair colour, use a wig! There are some risks in life that are not worth taking!

Rather off topic, but...
I remember going to the hairdresser and longing to change my natural blonde hair colour to black. The hairdresser recommended a new product (cannot remember the name but my wallet began to tremble at the words "new product," since this translates to "more money" leaving me) and I decided to try it. While the hairdresser began to apply the hair colour, my eyes began to burn and became full of water. I actually felt like I was choking. Then I had a strange tingling sensation in my arms and I began to itch slightly. When the hairdresser saw me slump in my chair, she asked if I was feeling okay. I told her that the fumes were so strong. She agreed and began to sneeze uncontrollably. I learnt that she is allergic to the fumes of that particular brand. Different people may have different reactions to hair colour.

I was looking at Clairol's Hydrience and the instructions strongly recommends to the individual, to perform a skin allergy test, before applying the product to the hair. Clairol also advised that if anyone experiences any burning, itching or notices a rash after using the product, this is an allergic reaction and the product should not be used. It is even more alarming to read that the colour can also cause dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath or swelling of eyes/face. Clairol strongly suggests to seek medical attention, if an individual is experiencing any of the latter effects. If this particular hair dye can affect an adult, image what it can do to your unborn child.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 12th Oct, 2007 - 7:45pm

Sponsored Links:
12th Oct, 2007 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Pregnancy and Dye Hair

I believe for the sake of anyone's unborn child, it would be wise not to use hair dye.

That is right! Now the thing with pregnancies is it takes two, so this will have to be Discussed prior if not early between the couple.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2021 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hair Dye & Pregnancy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Chemicals from hair and beauty products impact hormones, especially during pregnancy. The use of certain personal care products during pregnancy may impact maternal hormone levels, according to a new study. Source 1n.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Hair Dye & Pregnancy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,