LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons - Page 5 of 7

I watched a discovery channel show about intersexuality - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th May, 2014 - 8:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Transsexual Mormons
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2009 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons
A Friend

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons - Page 5

My sister has been a member ever since eight years old and had been pretty active for a long time. She has been they way she is for about 3 years and has a significant other she lives with.

The reason I brought homosexuality into this is because they pretty much go on the same lines. They explain themselves pretty much with the same way. And also it is somewhat close to home for me. Some people in the previous texts where trying to say how they where born that way and other things like it. I felt like I had something to add to this discussion.

Dont get me wrong. I dont hate these people, far from it. I had a friend who I grew up with who biologically and mentally was a girl, but now is homosexual and looks like a dude. Everytime I run into her I give her a hug a have good talks with her.

I will treat these type of people like people and will even befriend them.

9th Jun, 2010 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

I don't see homosexual and transsexual as the same and I don't see them as explaining things the same. One believes they are born a certain way and the other wants to make themselves the other way using sex reassignment surgery.

9th Jun, 2010 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think this Topic is becoming too in depth for Public Discussion so I am moving it to the Mature LDS Board (moved back 19 July 2012).

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons (Hover)

23rd Sep, 2010 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

I was wondering what is the position of the church with regards to a transexual person marrying civilly? I know they are not allowed to have the Priesthood or go to the Temple but wondering if they accept the marriage?

19th Jul, 2012 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

I don't know what the position is either but I bet it comes down to what they broadcast to everyone, by that I mean so long as they do it in secret it is kept secret and the horror of your local Ward knowing about is adverted so know disciplinary courts have to be called.

Post Date: 11th May, 2014 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Would any care to guess at a reason behind those who feel they are a different gender than they were born with? What about people who are born androgoness and don't have enough parts to be labeled one gender or another? Has there been some pre-mortal mix up?

11th May, 2014 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons - Page 5

I have no idea. Many times in the past I thought it was purely psychological (Homosexuality, intersexuality, etc) but I don't feel that way anymore. It seems to me that in SOME cases it is, but in others, the persons are "born" this way.

Post Date: 12th May, 2014 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

I watched a discovery channel show about intersexuality once and I found it interesting that they said that almost 99% of the time after a gender reassignment surgery they still don't feel like they are the right gender

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,