LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons - Page 6 of 7

Name: OVNezzy Comments: My understanding is - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st May, 2014 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Transsexual Mormons
14th May, 2014 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons - Page 6

Then maybe really is psychological? But what could be the source of it? Maybe a chemical imbalance of some sort?

15th May, 2014 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

I read a book, one time, about a hypnotherapist who used to hypnotize her clients and regress them to their birth experience and then would ask them if they remembered anything before birth. Many of them described what we would call the preexistence. One lady remembered how she had been counseled to wait for another body that would be born, which was to be a male body, but she was so anxious to be born that she went immediately into the body that was available at that moment, which was a female body. She said that helped her to understand why she had so many many male traits. I suppose that could possibly explain why some people feel that they were homosexual from birth, but at the same time, they can't really blame God for the mix-up or say that God made them that way. Maybe it was they, themselves, who caused the mix-up.

As for androgynous people, I don't know, but maybe it is their particular test. I also read about a man who was born with some very severe birth defects and who was very bitter about it, until one time he had a vision of the preexistence, and he learned that in the preexistence he had been offered the opportunity to take this body with all of its birth defects and he was promised a bunch of blessings if he would do so. Since he wanted those blessings, he decided to take the body with all its birth defects. Afterwards he was much more willing to accept his circumstances. Perhaps androgynous persons were also offered certain blessings to take those bodies and therefore agreed to take them so that they could get those blessings. I don't know, but it's a possibility.

16th May, 2014 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Tragula cool stories.

Although I think we hear a lot about stuff like that.. . You know people going through some really testing times and try to rationalize or find a reason of "why". It happens to people who have kids with disabilities ("Oh it was because Heavenly Father knew how special you are and how well you could handle these challenges.. .. ") I'm not discounting it eh but I think often times is just the person's need to find a reason and feel better about their circumstances. I would probably do the same if I was in their shoes.

16th May, 2014 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

I agree that we do have a need to try and understand and explain our circumstances, but I am also a great believer in free agency. I do not believe that the Lord ever forces us to be born into circumstances in this life that we do not agree to. I believe that we agree to be born into whatever circumstances we are born into in this life, although I suspect that we are most likely counseled as to which circumstances would be best for us to be born into and why.

18th May, 2014 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

Yes free agency however the question would be why the Lord chose certain people to be born in certain circumstances (HUGE challenges) and others not.

19th May, 2014 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons

Transsexuality is a gender identity issue. We really do not have the doctrinal answers to this, I mean is this male "brain" trapped in a female body that somehow went wrong during it's creation. And the success of "correcting the body to that what the gender identity identifies itself with is high. Or are we dealing with a female spirit in a female body where the chemicals in the body/brain are out of wack? Not even sure if these are the only two options here. Rest assure Heavenly Father will correct it. But my heart goes out to them.

19th May, 2014 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons - Page 6

I wonder if the church accepts / recognizes the marriage of a transsexual person? Anyone know?

Post Date: 21st May, 2014 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

Name: OVNezzy

Comments: My understanding is that those who have had transgender surgery can be baptised but not enter the Temple to be sealed etc, but there may be church discipline for members who submit to surgery.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,