LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons - Page 2 of 7

This is Nicci again. I went and got an account. - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Mar, 2008 - 2:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Transsexual Mormons
2nd Nov, 2007 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons - Page 2

QUOTE (Isiah53 @ 1-Nov 07, 6:54 PM)
In some cultures woman can become male, and some Polynesian cultures even have a third gender. 

Interesting that you should bring this up. When I read this thread when it started I also read an article in our Daily News that talks about this very thing.

Cultural contradictions
Tafi Toleafoa explains what it means to be fa'afafine

"Are you a boy or a girl?"

Now, one more time, Tafi had to explain, to untangle the contradiction of her long thick hair and plump, glossy lips with the masculine tenor of her voice and her tall, substantial body. She had to tell the girl that, no, she isn't a boy, or a girl, exactly. She's something else.

"I'm fa'afafine," Tafi said. "That means I have a boy's body, but I was raised in Samoa as a girl."

Tafi could have explained that in the islands, nobody ever asked. She could have told the girl that a Samoan mother with a fa'afafine among her children is considered lucky. Fa'afafine help with babies and cooking, they tend the elderly and the sick. They are presumed to have the best traits of both men and women.

Click here for the entire article--it was very interesting in my opinion and made me stop to wonder about these particular people and how it fits in the big picture.
https://www.adn.com/news/alaska/anchorage/n...p-9150171c.html

2nd Nov, 2007 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

Yeah, we can love them, but doesn't mean I have to like what they do. You know, love the sinner hate the sin.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2008 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Norm

Comments: It is my opinion from what I have studied that the spirit body that enters this imperfect mortal body is a perfectly formed male or female spirit body. However the mortal body that that perfectly formed male or female spirit enters is subject to all sorts of deformities including sexual deformities and hermaphrodite syndrome. That does not change the nature ie of the male or female spirit inside although the imperfect body for this mortal life may effect the spirit identity for the mortal time of that person, and their outlook on themselves during mortality. In the resurrection their body will be restored to them in perfect state according to their spirit gender free from all mortal defects including sexual defects. In this life though we must put up with the defects of the flesh until some of us at least realize our true gender again.

31st Jan, 2008 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

Norm:

It is my opinion from what I have studied that the spirit body that enters this imperfect mortal body is a perfectly formed male or female spirit body.

Could you please provide sources/back up info for this? Thanks.

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2008 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Transsexual Transsexuals View LDS

Name: Grant

Comments: And God made them male & female, hefemale & shemale and told them to go forth and replenish the earth and fill the measure of it's creation. Now I think that this Norm person has got a point, I don't remember God saying anything in the bible about he-females & she-males. I think that God does things perfectly and doesn't make mistakes. Therefore anything off the mark is an aberration of the originally intended and a defect because of our mortal condition and as Norm says, our mortal condition will be corrected in the resurrection to it's original state. There are aberrations and defects everywhere in the bodies of human beings , but the majority of human kind on the earth have bodies that function properly and are normal, all aberrations are in the minority, so don't let the minority fool you into thinking that their minority condition is normal and or correct and must be accommodated as such. They are fooling themselves and trying to fool everyone with them. All abnormalities will be corrected, and yes it is unfortunate that some people must put up with less than normal bodies and conditions while here in mortality (or try to change their bodies to what they think they are), but then we knew in the pre-existence that imperfect mortal conditions would exist, that this would be the case and choose to come earthward in spite of, knowing that corrections to mortal conditions would eventually be made .

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2008 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons

Name: Nicci

Comments: Hi, I came across the discussion here in google on transsexuals and Mormons. I have read your comments and feel that I need to respond as a member of the church and one who is also transsexual. I am not a transvestite or another breed under the transgender umbrella.

It is not my goal in making this post to convince you that all cases like mine are real and based in some biological anomaly like mine where a female was typed as a male at birth. I can not go into detail at this time over exactly what it is but we are real.

Not all of us are getting off on dressing like a woman. Not all of us are gay. Some of us are blessed beyond measure to be in the church as in my case, the churches rules and laws sustained me until I was mature enough to understand exactly what I was going through and why.

Had it not been for the church I would have made terrible missteps because I had no idea what was wrong with me.

If you ever meet some one who claims to be transsexual and claims to be happy over their condition and glad they were born this way that is probably not a transsexual. I would never wish this on any one. It was a long hard road to get to this point in my life.

I had to over come a lot of fear to finally admit who I was and stop pretending to be a man. If I were able to tell you more you would have a greater understanding but I think the churches policy regarding people like me and those who claim to be like me are good.

With out the policy the church would not be able to safe guard it's self from people who use this as a means to destroy their families...disrupt ward spirit by suddenly showing up in drag. Which I know of a case that happened in and rightfully so the church excommunicated that member.

The membership should not be forced to explain why brother so and so is now sister so and so to their children. This is a very private matter and the church is handling it right. I would rather be excommunicated than be a part of disrupting the spirit of my ward.

I am purposely withholding what my case with the church is because it is a private matter. Just know that I love church and wish for others to know that some of us are not as screwed up as you might think but are born with a horrible defect.

I am thankful to God for this task in life because through this I have learned more about love and forgiveness than I think I could have ever learned otherwise.

Have a wonderful Sunday,

11th Mar, 2008 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons - Page 2

I am interested to know... in your case you feel this is biological or psychological? Regardless to your answer, do you feel that the growing years may have influenced this?

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2008 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons
A Friend

LDS View Transsexuals Transsexual Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

This is Nicci again. I went and got an account. I wanted to expound on something I said above about learning to Love and Forgive.

Being born this is not something I would say God caused however because of mans interference this happened to me. It was something done medically during development in the womb.

Any how in my journey through life I have had to learn how to forgive those who would judge me for who and what I am. It was no easy task. When it was told to me what happened I was immediately mad and angry with God and my mother. But over time I came to understand there was nothing to forgive. My mother took actions she thought would bring her a baby. Who can fault her for that? And God? Sure he knew I was going to be born like this and so did I. I know that I knew before I was born this was going to happen. I still chose to come to earth. So who should I really be angry with? No one...

So what exactly did happen to me? Was I male or female in the pre-mortal life? Well...my conclusions are after alot of prayer and soul searching that I was female in the pre-mortal life. In my day to life if you ever met me you would have no clue how I was born. You would see a healthy happy middle aged woman. But it goes beyond the physical down to my personality.

As for the drug...it was a drug given to my mother to prevent miscarriage back in the 60s. Turns out this drug was an ENDOCRINE DISRUPTOR. What that means is it is a wild card when unleashed on a fetus. Surfacing research is showing it can even rewrite DNA. Why? Because this drug is able to jump through all the normal things in a woman's body that would normally stop it dead in it's tracks. Since it is synthetic...the body does not stop it's progress to the fetus which is at it's most vulnerable because of the enormous rate of cell division.

Once it gets to the fetus it does it's thing. So where does that leave me? For a long time in the dark. I knew from the time I could walk and talk I was female. My mother knew it too and it scared her. She did not want this for me. Then one day I got the courage to tell her how I felt inside and that was when I learned about the drug she took. A light bulb went on and I knew I was not crazy after all...then came the anger.

But I am ok now. I look back and I am so thankful to the church because it was my guide when I was growing up when I was facing so much confusion and darkness about my identity. My family joined the church when I was a kid"¦I am the last one who still has her testimony. The rest of my family had their names removed.

Now does my experience make me a spokesperson for transsexuals? No. I would not want to do that. I can tell you from personal experience that there are some real messed up individuals in the so called transgender community that the church has every right to choose not to deal with.

Sadly those people have added to confusion people have when faced with some one like me. They draw upon what they have seen on Jerry Springer and other poor sources. The stigma I face is another reason I had to learn to forgive. I forgive every one who has misjudged me or thrown me in that group of people.

I know in the next life God will make it right. Until then"¦.I have to ask myself what was I thinking when I looked at what I would go through in life before being born. I must have looked at Heavenly Father and said"¦.you have got to be kidding right? laugh.gif He must have known I could deal with it. I feel like he put the church in my life at the right time.

So there you go. I hope that this post helps you understand a little more about this condition even if it just my experience. Some of you will still feel compelled to judge me and that is ok. Thank you for reading this post any way.

Let me leave you with this testimony that I know the church is true and the restored church on earth and I know we are lead by prophets of God who truly do love us.

Nicci

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: LDS View: Transsexuals - Transsexual Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,