Questions On Moving To Pos In Jan '08

Questions Moving Pos Jan ' 08 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 1st Nov, 2007 - 8:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2007 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hello,

New to the board here but enjoying reading about Trinidad. I'm moving to Port of Spain in January and would like to ask opinions on a couple things:

- I have orthodontic braces; any idea of dentists that could continue treatment in the Woodbrook area?
- Ideas on where to live, I'd be open to shared housing, etc
- Sailing club; been told there is a sailing club that would allow one to be taught to sail?
- Internet & Utilities - approximate cost and availability of internet phone, and cost of electricity?
- For carnival, thoughts on joining Harts?
- Favorite places to eat? I like Patraj Roti downtown...
- Stuff to do for a single, 20-something guy, on the weekends, besides maracas, etc?

I'm super excited about moving into Port of Spain and look forward to hearing from other people in the area!

Thx

Sponsored Links:
29th Oct, 2007 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Jan Pos Moving Questions

Some of your questions are answered within Threads in this Board, please search them out. For instance your question about internet services can be found under the Thread - Trinidad Internet Services.

To answer your others:

* There are many dentists that can handle braces and more
* Where to live will depend on your budget, if you are accustomed to a US standard of living then you may wish to look at West Trinidad specifically Westmoorings, Maraval, etc.
* Sailing lessons are available.

The other questions have specific Threads that answer those questions or Discuss it.

29th Oct, 2007 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Questions On Moving To Pos In Jan '08 Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

1. Plenty orthodontists and dentists in the Woodbrook area, as a matter of fact, most of them are located in that area. They are much cheaper than the US as well.

2. Plenty nice areas to live if you have the cash for it. wink.gif Westmoorings is what I would recommend.

3. Yes, sailing lessons available. You can find anything in Trinidad once you can afford it.

4. Internet, check this thread: https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....showtopic=26175

You can ask any internet-related questions there.

5. Carnival: https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....690&hl=carnival

6. Plenty places to eat. Check the Food and Drink section within this board.

7. It all depends the kind of lifestyle you want to have, hobbies, etc.

Why are you so excited about moving to Trinidad? Have you read how things are here?

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2007 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jan Pos Moving Questions

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I'm very excited about the move because Trinidad is so different than the US. Not this qualifies as extensive experience, but I did work there for a few weeks this past spring and really had a good time. I do read the news on the guardian and express and realize the state of things, but I think with tempered expectations and smart choices that living in Trinidad can not only be safe, but also enjoyable. Apparently you seem to like it since you live there?

Thanks for the housing suggestion -- while safety is a pretty big consideration, I don't really want to be associated with "oil people"... When I was there last, I had the misfortune of staying at the Hilton -- it was full of loud and arrogant oil people from Houston and that was not very fun!

29th Oct, 2007 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

Jan Pos Moving Questions

boisestate:

Apparently you seem to like it since you live there?

Nope, I live here because I have no choice at the moment. Nothing will make me happier than go away from here as soon as I can.

Thanks for the housing suggestion -- while safety is a pretty big consideration, I don't really want to be associated with "oil people"... When I was there last, I had the misfortune of staying at the Hilton -- it was full of loud and arrogant oil people from Houston and that was not very fun!

Okay, then there is still decent places in the West that are not linked to the "oil sector" that you can look at. The only reason I mentioned some parts of the West is safety issues mainly.

29th Oct, 2007 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Boisestate what do you like about Trinidad so much, some woman put the magic in your food from last time?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Oct, 2007 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Questions Moving Pos Jan '08

Westmooring is one of the safer places to be. I used to live in Diego and across the river from Petit Valley but things have changed ovee the years so be careful.
Woodrook is decent and like the old folks used to say "do not trust people because they are smiling at you". Have fun in Woodbrook!
After dark, stay away from POS unless you have decent friends.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2007 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Moving Pos Jan '08 Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

.! Nothing in the food. I just really enjoy traveling and seeing new things. Work-wise, moving the Trinidad is a positive thing for my career so I'm looking forward to it. The folks from my company that are already living in Port of Spain have informed me that right about 6 months after moving in that things start to get annoying and you maybe begin to hate it, but it'll be fun until then. : )

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Questions On Moving To Pos In Jan '08

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,