Right Way To Beat Wives - Page 2 of 3

You know, I understand your point but I am - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 7th Mar, 2008 - 9:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
7th Mar, 2008 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

Right Way To Beat Wives - Page 2

True in our beliefs we never wish to strike some one. I grant you that. But What I was most struck by especially in the video I linked to is how he was trying to tell the men not to strike in anger.

It is the control here that comes to me as being important the self control. After all sever beatings only occur from one out of control in domestic squabbles. So now at least he is saying ok use an implement that will not do any real damage. Is this not better then what we see in many homes? Not just middle east but in every country?

If we can get the society to this stage then non violent discipline and deeper caring can occur. Is that not better then what we see? Do you really think you can take a wife beater and just say oh stop. Of course we can not so how do you reprogram a society to quit?

To be honest I think people in this type of relation in that society, has many issues to over come but why not take them in steps. I say use the leaders that promote less violence as a start.

Now perhaps the person who wrote the book is a real stinker and was trying to teach how to hide a rougher beating but why not use his own tool against his cause.

Sponsored Links:
7th Mar, 2008 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Wives Beat Way Right

Krakyn:

But What I was most struck by especially in the video I linked to is how he was trying to tell the men not to strike in anger.

It is the control here that comes to me as being important the self control. After all sever beatings only occur from one out of control in domestic squabbles. So now at least he is saying ok use an implement that will not do any real damage. Is this not better then what we see in many homes? Not just middle east but in every country?

Beating is beating. Whether is severe or not is irrelevant. A non-severe beating ALWAYS causes a severe beating in the future. Any violent man/woman started with a push, a simple slap and then the whole thing gets worst.

You seem to choose the "less evil" and that not seem acceptable neither fair to the millions of women and children worldwide who endure this type of abuse daily (in my opinion). I don't see his preaching "any better". Domestic violence is something we should stop at all costs by eradicating the problem not by teaching men they have the RIGHT to beat their wives a "little".

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2008 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Right Way To Beat Wives
A Friend

Right Way To Beat Wives Islam Studies

Oh come on just a little slap here and there? laugh.gif

Yes I agree that we need to educate those who do violence towards women and children so they can get the help they need. I am against violence when it comes to abuse.

But I am not against corporal punishment for kids to teach them their mis behavior is wrong and not to be tolerated. This type of punishment should not be used in anger

7th Mar, 2008 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Wives Beat Way Right

KNtoran:

But I am not against corporal punishment for kids to teach them their mis behavior is wrong and not to be tolerated. This type of punishment should not be used in anger.

What about when the wife misbehaves? sneaky.gif

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2008 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Right Way To Beat Wives
A Friend

Wives Beat Way Right

If the wife misbehaves you and her will have a nice chat, argument, debate you name it. I have never struck my wife and do not plan to. Even when angry I walk away. I am very strong and if I something out of anger I usually break it. I have put my hand through a concrete wall. It did not hurt at the time but man did it hurt afterwards. I am very conscious of my actions and try to keep a level head.

But now if it was you I may make an exception biggrin.gif

7th Mar, 2008 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Right Way To Beat Wives

QUOTE (krakyn @ 7-Mar 08, 2:20 PM)
True in our beliefs we never wish to strike some one. I grant you that.

To be honest I think people in this type of relation in that society, has many issues to over come but why not take them in steps.

Nobody would want to see wife beating going on in any culture, but in my opinion, you hit the nail on the head there Krakyn, in that you've got to change the opinion of the whole country, and it's not going to happen overnight!

Anything that can be done to bring about fairer living for women is a step in the right direction, as far as I'm concerned.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Mar, 2008 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Right Way Beat Wives - Page 2

Thanks DianeC *Hides behind her from LDS*

I do agree LDS-Forever physical and mental abuse has to be stopped every where. I just thought for a country that has no real issues beating women it was a big first step. Not a complete solution just a baby step to a mind set change.

It take 10 years to implement a mental change in a work place and I can not guess how many generations in a country...For my own country I would say the last 3 generations have seen a real change is this issue. The biggest being in the last one. They do need a better spokes person though.

7th Mar, 2008 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Right Way Beat Wives Studies Islam - Page 2

You know, I understand your point but I am not sure if you are taking in consideration we are speaking about a religion and way of life that has been like this for GENERATIONS. It is not a cultural issue only... hence, taking these steps won't affect the fact that Islam thinks, believes and preaches that it is okay to beat your wife. And we know it is one of the few religions nowadays that stands by its core doctrines without making major changes.

Rather off topic, but...
But now if it was you I may make an exception

KNtoran, did you ever read the phrase "barking dogs don't bite". laugh.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Right Way To Beat Wives

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,