Dog the Bounty Hunter - Page 2 of 4

QUOTE Ahh, so easy to say when you are not - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Nov, 2007 - 4:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: What do you think about Dog?
  He is a great guy and my hero       0.00%
  Dog is a good man, he just slipped       14.29%
  Dog is human       42.86%
  Dog is just a wolf in sheep's clothing       0.00%
  Dog should be moved off of television       0.00%
  I have no feelings about Dog       42.86%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Dog TV Series
8th Nov, 2007 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Dog the Bounty Hunter - Page 2

I agree with those that like to drag others down. However, if you are putting yourself out there as "The good guy", "Mr. Justice" and one that always does "The right thing", shouldn't you do it all the time. This is not to say you can't have a bad day from time to time, but by the recording it is obvious that behind the door at Mr Dog's house, we are going to hear n- used quite a bit. Does this make him a horrible bad person… probably not… but it does make him a bigot or at least a bit clueless as to the responsibilities of a little stardom.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
8th Nov, 2007 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Hunter Bounty Dog

Larry King said there were death threats made against the black woman (who Dog never met by the way) over this issue. Isn't that ironic - I would think there would be threats against him over this. Dog even brought his preacher on Larry King to defend him (he is black).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2007 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Dog the Bounty Hunter
A Friend

Dog the Bounty Hunter History & Civil Business Politics

Try trash, scumbag, waste of humanity or many other ones...just drop the n-word because you aren't allowed to in our current society to use it...period.

I seem to remember something about freedom of speech from my citizenship test. My interpretation of it was that you can say whatever you want about whoever you want and no one would stop you, this does not mean that people had to listen just that you could say it. If we're to blacklist certain words, phrases, or topics where would it stop?
The argument made in favor of limiting free speech is the hate speech exceptions, this seems to be a slippery slope.

Rather off topic, but...
I'd like to see a hate speech lawsuit on behalf of the nation's police departments against the rap industry, and sue them for all proceeds made from selling hate speech against police officers.

8th Nov, 2007 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Hunter Bounty Dog

Well the rap artists know when to say the word, because they are saying it about their 'own'. However, as far as the blacks are concerned a white man is not 'allowed' to use the racial slur only they are... those are the politically correct rules of the world we live in, and Dog is paying for it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Nov, 2007 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

Hunter Bounty Dog

I love freedome of speech, but it is truly not free and the Constitution does not state that you can say anything you want to and not pay any consequences for it...

Rather off topic, but...
The constitution states that Congress will enact no law restricting freedom of speech. Congress doesn't enact these laws. Those laws are enacted by the Judicial and the Executive branches of government in the US. Here are a list of a few things that obstruct your freedoms to speech:

You cannot threaten another with bodily harm (that's assault).
You cannot scream out your windows after midnight (that's disturbing the peace).
You cannot discuss with friends how you will defraud a bank (that's conspiracy).
You cannot show adult material where children can see (that's exploitation, abuse...).
You cannot write your message on a public wall without permission (vandalism).
You cannot tell lies about another (libel and slander).
You cannot publish military or governmental secrets (treason).
You cannot speak of a subject if a judge has imposed a gag order (comtempt).
You cannot swear too much at a ball game (obscenity).
You cannot yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater (that's the crime of incitement).
You cannot engage in otherwise acceptable behavior on a discussion board (such as this) if the owner of the board prohibits it. Yes, JB can legally kick me off if I say "prohibits" if he is so inclined.
You cannot wear your own clothes in a school if a uniform is mandated.
You cannot give away your company's secrets.
You cannot insult your boss and not expect to be fired.
...the list goes on and on...

Are the above bad restrictions on freedom of speech?

Dog does have the right to drop the n-word as frequently as he would like...there is obviously no law against it (unless he is inciting a riot with its use). However, one of the unwritten job requirements of any celebrity is that they are never caught doing something sociably unacceptable. Some are able to get by with this, but many get their rears handed to them by public perception and this is what we have here. So yes, he is free to say it and he is free to suffer the consequences of having said it...

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 8th Nov, 2007 - 4:56am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2007 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

Dog the Bounty Hunter
A Friend

Dog the Bounty Hunter

The double standard still leaves a me with a bitter taste. It also seems odd that the blacks are the only group that seems to regularly get in an uproar about this stuff. There's more important things to focus on as a country, and the black community has enough internal problems to work on that focusing on what some guy says seems counterproductive.

Rather off topic, but...
It seems there was a hole in my statement about freedom of speech, a modifier probably should have been added along the lines of as long as what being said isn't illegal or violates a contract.
On another off topic note. Despite having dual citizenship, I consider myself more American than Irish.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Nov, 2007 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

Dog Bounty Hunter - Page 2

Secruss:

and the black community has enough internal problems to work on that focusing on what some guy says seems counterproductive.

Ahh, so easy to say when you are not in their shoes. And by the way, each racial group within the US has "internal problems" to work on, so I am not sure why you are singling out the Black community only. spock.gif

Unfortunately, this kind of mentality: "Because I do not see it as a big deal then is not a big deal" that we lose empathy for others and we make the bridge between racial groups even bigger.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Dog the Bounty Hunter
A Friend

Dog Bounty Hunter Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

international QUOTE
Ahh, so easy to say when you are not in their shoes. And by the way, each racial group within the US has "Internal problems" to work on, so I am not sure why you are singling out the Black community only.

There is the problem of scale, the current "Accepted" black culture embraces ghetto thugness and this is influencing a great number of young blacks and a fair number of young whites. I see this as a large problem that the black community should work on as it's making large cities VERY unpleasant to live in.

international QUOTE
Unfortunately, this kind of mentality: "Because I do not see it as a big deal then is not a big deal" that we lose empathy for others and we make the bridge between racial groups even bigger.

Not true, it's that kind of mentality that makes the gap bigger. The phrase "That's OUR word" doesn't seem to promote equality, if fact it means that they are separating themselves from the collective. There are few groups in US history who have had an easy go of things, why should the blacks be considered special? I will freely admit that some time ago the blacks had it bad, now it is time to move on.
Having an attitude of "Who cares" is the most progressive opinion one could have towards the matter, because if everyone adopted it there would be no racism. It is only when people think only of differences in people based on skin color that racism takes hold.

Note: Here is an example of moving on and not getting worked up over nothing. St. Patrick's Day (Aka St. Paddy's day(Further note: P- = N--)) is generally celebrated in the US by lots and lots of drinking and depictions of every Irish stereotype I can think of and soem I never knew existed. I actually don't mind it and enjoy the festivities. To draw a comparison as to how it would look if this was done to a black holiday, it would be if Martin Luther King Jr. Day were referred to as N- Priest Day and celebrated with malt liquor, fried chicken, and watermelon. I don't think that would go over very well, in fact rioting might ensue.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Dog the Bounty Hunter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,