Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 8 of 26

That's not the impression I got. I - Page 8 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Jun, 2009 - 1:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 26 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (26) »

?
Poll: Which is more interesting as far as children in the media goes:
  Jon & Kate Plus 8       21.43%
  Brad & Jolie and their children       21.43%
  Madonna and her children       0.00%
  I do not like children exposed in this way       50.00%
  Duggars and their children       7.14%
Total Votes: 14
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Kate Gosseilin
TV Reality - Kate Gosseilin - Kate Plus 8 - Eight
22nd Jun, 2009 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Jon & Kate Plus 8 - Page 8

The secret is over. People magazine is reporting that documents to initiate a legal split (divorce) were filed at the Bucks County Courthouse in Doylestown Pennsylvania, Monday afternoon.

Source 9

This mean they are indeed divorcing but does not mean the show is over.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jun, 2009 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Kate and Jon

The report is a bit confusing. Legal split and divorce does not necessarily mean the same thing. They could be filing for a legal separation. This is not the same as filing for a divorce. I wouldnt be surprised if they filed for a legal separation.

This gives Dr. Phil some time to work his magic! laugh.gif

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 23rd Jun, 2009 - 1:30am

23rd Jun, 2009 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Jon & Kate Plus 8 Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Vincenzo, that's correct but the rest of the news channels stated that Jon filed for divorce. I am not surprised in the least, he mentioned it was his mistake to let her rule on everything and he would just follow and do whatever she said. Neighbors commented on the friendliness Jon had with them but Kate won't allow him to speak with anyone, and she would be very rude towards other people.

The way I see it is that this have been happening for a VERY LONG TIME but when the show started and millions of people are watching how your wife treats you like a dog then you realize..."Wait a minute, I am a looking like a complete moron!". He asked her to pull the plug of the show several times but she is not willing to do it, now they have a contract they must fulfill. What a mess.

23rd Jun, 2009 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Kate and Jon

The media really needs to report this correctly. I am seeing conflicting reports all over the place. This is what I think has happened, but we shall find out soon...

I do believe they filed for a legal separation. The result of a legal separation is almost exactly like a divorce. The assets are divided. The custody of the children and visitation is resolved. Spousal support is determined as well and they dont live together any more. A couple of the key differences are that the wife doesnt not change her name back (if she changed it at the wedding), medical coverage still covers both and the children and if you remain married (but legally separated) for 10yrs there are social security benefits that hold for married couples as well. Many also do this for religious reasons. If they later decide to convert the legal separation into a divorce, the parameters of the legal separation will remain in place, but the marriage would be dissolved.

So, I think they are filing for a legal separation with the current intent on changing it into a divorce later, but they are not jumping straight into a divorce. Most people that are convinced of a divorce do not take this step...they just go straight to divorce. However, since I have read that we might be talking at a worth of about 10 million USD and rumours that they both have been talking to high priced divorce lawyers...this might be a legal tactic too. However, my bet is that they both realize the money making potential and that the fighting makes more money...so they have to have a little of a element of hope to keep the profits flowing...

Source 1

I havent watched a full episode but the snippets I have watched do not paint Kate in the most flattering of pictures and Jon has already left the reservation.

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2009 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Jon & Kate Plus 8
A Friend

Kate and Jon

I had the same thought as one of the previous posters, where is Dr. Phil? He gets in the middle of every other possible situation, I would have thought he'd be offering his services by now! But, seriously I have wondered about the couples Christian faith. I've not heard them mention counseling, or going to their pastor for help or anything and that really surprises me. They seemed so committed to their faith before. Kate has always been vocal and domineering in many ways about everything, and talked down to him and belittled him. He admitted that he hasn't always been good about communicating what he was feeling. I think he's been simmering in silence for years and it might have helped if he'd told her what he was thinking before they got to this point. Anyway, I wish they'd have tried to get help before it was too late for the marriage. 8 kids and a divorce! I can't even imagine how bad that's got to feel.

23rd Jun, 2009 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Jon & Kate Plus 8

It was first reported that it was him that filed for divorce but it was HER. Here are the statements Jon and Kate gave on Monday night after the show:

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children," Kate said in a statement Monday night. "While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."

Jon released a statement of his own, claiming his wife was the first to make a legal move. "This afternoon, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my number one priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn't change that."

Source 9

She also said that he has a lot of anger towards her and she wanted to talk about it but he won't talk with her.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jun, 2009 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Jon & Kate 8 - Page 8

This is all speculation of course: The general feeling I got from listening to last night made the impression that he is just too easy going and not a responsible person. Responsible in the sense of being proactive, and leader. I think Kate may have grown into the roll of being a dominant force in the family because she had no choice.

23rd Jun, 2009 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Jon & Kate 8 Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 8

That's not the impression I got. I got that he has accumulated anger towards her for always trying to get her way no matter what. The perfect example was when he clean the place where the little houses for the kids will be placed. She was not happy with the location so sneakingly she made the man who put the houses to tell Jon that her location is better, I mean come on get a grip! Even at the last of the last of her marriage, she MUST have the last word.

Then she wonders why all this is happening to her? None of the neighbors are surprised about it, they said she is rude, mean, condescending, not ONE person has something nice to say about her. I am not justifying his affairs, what I am saying is that she gave Jon "the gun" and he just pulled the trigger. He is ready to move on and probably establish a new relationship. According to Jon's ex-boss this have been going on for LONG YEARS. She would go to Jon's work place and make a scene if he did not deliver her lunch on time as well as get extremely angry if he needed more than $5 a day to spend.

Madness.

> TOPIC: Jon & Kate Plus 8

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,