Mormon Thanksgiving

Mormon Thanksgiving - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Nov, 2012 - 11:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Video Available What should Mormons give thanks for? Making it more than just food. LDS Thanksgiving activities
14th Nov, 2007 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Thanksgiving

Mormon Thanksgiving Activity

What are you going to do for Thanksgiving? Just eat with your family, and nothing more? How about having a special Thanksgiving Activity?

international QUOTE
"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable."

Ref. (Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Live in Thanksgiving Daily," Ensign, Sept. 2001, 8)

LDS_forever created a hand made tree with Felipe with each leaf showing something that we should be grateful for and it will be completed on Thanksgiving Day. Share some of your ideas.

Sponsored Links:
14th Nov, 2007 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Mormon

As JB said, Felipe and I created a Thanksgiving tree with many leaves in which each member of the family wrote down the things they are grateful for. It is displayed in our living room. We also plan just before eating dinner to share a few words on the things we are grateful for in this particular year as well as share a Thanksgiving poem.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2008 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Mormon Thanksgiving
A Friend

Mormon Thanksgiving Studies Doctrine Mormon

I am a descendant of the Pilgrims. My 7th great grandparents were William and Susanna White. They also had a two year old son with them named "Resolved" (They were resolved to leave England.) They rode the Mayflower and made that historic journey to Plymouth Rock in pursuit of finding religious freedom. While on the Mayflower, Susanna gave birth to a baby boy whom was named "Peregrine" which means Pilgrim. I believe there were only two babies born on the Mayflower. William White was the 11th signer of the Mayflower Compact. My great grandparents survived the harsh winter. William White returned to England to bring others to America for religious freedom. However, on the journey back to America, he died on the ship. Susanna and the boys had stayed at Plymouth Rock. They remained there, making their homes and settling there. Susanna lived to be almost 90, I believe and the her boys married and had families in Plymouth. They lived long lives. It is truly a remarkable story, and a heritage I am proud to share with others.

I think it is stories like these we should be telling our children about during Thanksgiving, teaching how our ancestors brought us to where we are today. No matter where in the world you may live, I feel it is important to honor those that came before you and prepared the way so that we could enjoy the blessings we have today. Let's share stories of our ancestors with our children--stories of grandparents, aunts, uncles, great great grandparents, etc. It is by by sharing their stories that we will build faith, love, honor, and respect in our children.

Reconcile Edited: Pianomom on 15th Nov, 2008 - 4:20am

24th Nov, 2008 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Thanksgiving Mormon

That is real nice of you to share with us Pianomom your own children must look forward to learning about it every year. Cant say I'm a decendent of any special blood so I will just have to count on stories like yours. smile.gif

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2011 - 11:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Thanksgiving Mormon

A Thanksgiving for Religious Freedom

"A grateful heart "¦ comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives," said President Monson in a 2010 address. "This requires conscious effort-at least until we have truly learned and cultivated an attitude of gratitude. "¦ When we encounter challenges and problems in our lives, it is often difficult for us to focus on our blessings. However, if we reach deep enough and look hard enough, we will be able to feel and recognize just how much we have been given." Ref. Source 4

24th Nov, 2011 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Thanksgiving

Before we eat we gather in the living room and each person says what they are thankful for the year gone. Then we go to the dining room and have Thanksgiving dinner. After dinner we normally play a group game.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2012 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Thanksgiving

For God So Loved the World

Give thanks for the Lord Jesus Christ: His life, His atoning sacrifice, and His resurrection.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2012 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Mormon Thanksgiving Mormon Doctrine Studies

Thanksgiving a Time to Find Gratitude Amid Difficulty

Salt Lake City | Tuesday, 20 November 2012 00:00:00 -0700 | Many across the nation and world, including members of the Church, currently face weighty challenges in their lives. In difficult periods of the past, leaders have recognized the collective need to give thanks amid turmoil and to turn to God.
Source: United States - LDS Newsroom RSS Feed

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Thanksgiving

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,