Meredith Kercher - Page 7 of 8

Italy court clears Knox and Sollecito Italian - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Mar, 2015 - 12:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

Killed because she did not want to participate in a violent orgy - Amanda Knox convicted
27th Jun, 2011 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Meredith Kercher - Page 7

First off, you can at minimum quote other sources as you have quoted me. I really cannot have a debate about this when it is all just your supposition and denial of information I put forth.

Please, interviewing and interrogation are not the same. I am not going to put a link here for the definitions, but please feel free to look them up. They have different connotations. Would you like to be interrogated or interviewed? I know I would like to be interviewed and not interrogated and I have never gone in for a job interrogation when looking for work no matter how much it might have felt like it.

You seem to state that her immediate retraction (not exactly immediate though) and holding on to her retraction makes her innocent. The prisons have a great deal of people that recanted their confessions and swore that they didn't do it - holding on to their innocence. Why does hers make it fact? The only facts are that she did retract her confession, she said she was abused during the interrogation and that she did confess during the interrogation to being at the scene of the crime (which is why she made a retraction). All of these are true. None of us know exactly which ones are true. You say that recordings haven't been made available. This is true, but do we know if they exists? There is no evidence that there ever were any tapes or video. So, you can chose to believe there was and there is a cover up to keep it under wraps so that the plan to frame her stayed in place or you can believe it never was there. I guess you could believe that there were transcripts made and then the evidence summarily destroyed. Again, put someone on the stand and find out. If it was destroyed strangely early...you have something. If it was destroyed in standard time or not even done, there isn't anything, but we don't know.

Perhaps your studies are further along than mine, but I have no evidence of a tape or video of any of the investigation. I see a lot of questioning and alluding to the Italian Police not ever letting it be scene if there was evidence, but none that say there was at any one time. That is interesting in and of itself, but the same license you extend to Amanda should be extended to the Police as they are saying they don't have any tape or video.

I have problems with the confession that had Lumumba as the killer and her listening to screaming in the bathroom. If you are going to blame someone else to get out of the interrogation, why put yourself at the murder scene. Why not have yourself seeing him leave the house when you walked up? This part makes no sense to me, but is it guilt and a not well formed story? Again, this would be so much easier with a tape or audio, because if your theory is right, she should have been spouting off the same story she gave in her recanting for 50hrs prior to coming up with the confession, but there is no tape or audio. This confession is like she kinda wants to blame Lumumba but not confirm that she witnessed him kill her...it is obviously a false confession, but I am not sold on the recant just because she hasnt changed it and it wasnt immediate. She has been consistent, but you can not prove truthful.

The abuse in the interrogation has grown in size over time. That I noticed from the studying I did. At first it was a slap and in today's news it has grown to repeatedly slapped, but in her initial words about the interrogation it was a slap. I have quoted this before. Additionally, she was interrogated by a dozen of officers...not all at once.

You say Guede did it, but he professes his innocence to this day as well. Doesnt that make him innocent? Plus, he never confessed!

international QUOTE
If you mix a bunch of DNA, and then just pick out spikes that match one specific profile, your chances of being able to get a positive match to anyone you want are very high.

Again, what percentage chance that I can match a specific persons DNA that I am targeting...because that is what you are suggesting. I agree that the DNA was handled poorly...that is not in question. What I am questioning is how likely am I to tailor a positive result for a specific person by just mixing DNA and how can I get a bunch of different DNA on a bra clasp? I have a result that indicates specific people...while you would just like to toss the results, I am interested in what percentage chance that I can tailor a result by reading static? This is what I would want to know to determine REASONABLE doubt. OJ's DNA results were beyond reasonable for him being the killer.

international QUOTE

QUOTE (Vincenzo)
Sollecito admits he made up a bunch of rubbish in his first interview because Amanda convinced him of her understanding of the goings on.

That came from the interrogation where the Italian Police were forcing everyone to lie.

No, that is Sollecito's statement on why he changed his story. He never mentioned being forced into changing his story. He stated he did it because she convinced him of her understanding. Now, you can state hit his way or you can say they were getting their story together which has a bit more negative connotation to it. Either way, I again ask, how can Amanda convince you of her knowing anything from the conjecture she has been spewing... IMO, it sounds more like a couple of people getting their story together...spin it as you like.

I am sure you can link and quote. Unfortunately, I cannot participate in this anymore as you cannot provide evidence for your theory of the police beating people to confess. Apparently, they didn't beat Lumumba hard enough...they had a witness for his conviction. Please, work on providing data for your beating theories and then we can argue about the validity of them. You seem so sure of your point of view, but I see amazingly little verifyable evidence to back up her innocence. That said, I still see lots of problems with the conviction of murder and s-xual assult.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 27th Jun, 2011 - 4:49am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2011 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Kercher Meredith

An Italian jury has reached a decision on whether it will uphold or overturn the convictions of Amanda Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaelle Sollecito in the murder of British student Meredith Kercher.

The ruling will be read at 3:30 p.m. ET (9:30 pm local time), the court said Monday.

Knox and Sollecito, who returned to prison after speaking in court Monday morning, are likely to begin heading back to the court in Perugia, Italy, now to hear their fate.

Nearly four years after she was arrested on suspicion of having killed her roommate in Perugia, Knox stood up in court and pleaded with a jury Monday to overturn her conviction.

"I am not what they say I am. I did not kill. I did not r-pe. I did not steal," Knox said, her voice trembling with emotion. She was making perhaps the most important speech of her life, and it showed.

Knox and co-defendant Sollecito have been fighting to be acquitted of the murder. Prosecutors have called for the pair's sentences -- of 26 and 25 years, respectively -- to be increased to life. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2011 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Meredith Kercher History & Civil Business Politics

An Italian jury has overturned American student Amanda Knox's murder conviction in the 2007 death of her British college roommate Meredith Kercher.

Knox, who will now be freed, was led from the courtroom in tears.

Knox's co-defendant, Italian former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, also had his conviction for murder overturned.

Kercher was found semi-naked with her throat slashed in a villa she and Knox shared in the central Italian university town of Perugia.

Knox and Sollecito's appeal focused largely on DNA evidence found on a knife and on a bra clasp belonging to the victim. Prosecutors and police said Kercher's genetic material was on the blade and Knox's was on the handle, and that Kercher's bra clasp found at the crime scene had Sollecito's DNA.

Defense lawyers and independent experts argued strenuously during the appeal that the DNA testing process was badly flawed and the results should be in admissible. Ref. CNN

3rd Oct, 2011 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Kercher Meredith

I'm not surprised and I don't see how any jury members could be totally unbiased in their decision with the kind of international publicity this got.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 71 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7.1%

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2013 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Kercher Meredith

Italian Supreme Court judges rule that American Amanda Knox should stand trial again for the death of her ex-roommate. Ref. CNN

26th Mar, 2013 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Meredith Kercher

The Meredith case! I almost forgot about it. It monopolized the media for months in my country, at the point that people were fed up with it.

I want to make a small consideration over the many posts I read here. You people don't have to forget that different Countries have different rules for administrating justice. Many of the objections I read from the posters during several years have all a single answer: rules in Italy are different from those in the US. Your legal system is based on the Common Law, our on the Roman Law.

As for the harassment and violence during the interrogations, that's a common strategy from suspects in my Country. Any suspicion of coercion makes the interrogation inadmissible in Court so defending lawyers often suggest to resort to such accusations in an attempt to get rid of unwanted confessions. Doesn't surprise me that the judges didn't weigh them so much. Is an old story.

A last thought. If they sentenced them in first grade is because they had strong reasons to do that. In Italy is very hard to go to jail because of simple suspicions, the system is called "Garantista" which means your innocence is given unless the guilt is proved beyond any reasonable doubt. The conspiracy theory is simply ridiculous. My latin ancestors would ask: "Qui prodest?" (Who gets profit from it?).

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 6 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.6%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2014 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Meredith Kercher - Page 7

Two knives used in Kercher murder - court says

An Italian court that convicted Amanda Knox in her roommate's 2007 murder said in lengthy reasoning made public on Tuesday (Local time) that the victim's wounds indicate multiple aggressors, and that the two exchange students fought over money on the night of the murder. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2015 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Meredith Kercher Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

Italy court clears Knox and Sollecito

Italian court acquits Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito over murder of Meredith Kercher in 2007 Ref. BBC

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Meredith Kercher

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,