Johnathan Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Campaign Review - Page 5 of 6

Like I said, the way you want to run your - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 4th Oct, 2014 - 12:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Looking For Players!
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2014 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Campaign Review - Page 5

Johnathan, the forum gallery is not for Dungeons & Dragons maps, it is for personal photos of yourself, your art, etc. I added your photo to your game, however in the future if you will like the facility to upload maps then please follow the directions at: Dungeon Master FAQ.

Sponsored Links:
19th Sep, 2014 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Review Campaign Post Play Dragons and Dungeons Johnathan

Johnathan, how is your Role-playing Game going? I've seen where sometimes no one has Posted for almost a week. Right now its heading towards five days. Do the Players need some Tonic?

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2014 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Campaign Review
A Friend

Johnathan Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Campaign Review Reviews RPG & Card Board

I believe the players are waiting for my reply but a busy schedule doesn't allow for inspiration on my part.

The way I have decided to run Play By Post, in order to eliminate some of its problems, is that whenever I post I try to mention as many things as possible, trying to avoid having the players asking questions. Even though I'm here I need this spark of inspiration to move on, that's all.

21st Sep, 2014 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Review Campaign Post Play Dragons and Dungeons Johnathan

Usually if someone is slacking in your game you can check their introduction to see if they left a message about them not being here or you can use it to remind them.

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2014 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Review Campaign Post Play Dragons and Dungeons Johnathan

To admins and mods: Please let me know if there's ever any issue, as I am more than willing to fix any of them. As for frequent posting, forcing myself to post when I don't have creativity would probably reduce the quality of my game, which I wouldn't like to happen.

Same for players, please let me know if there's anything you like/don't like that you feel is worth mentioning.

4th Oct, 2014 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Really, how you run your game in Member Wars is up to you, however for the purpose of earning the reward it says,

international QUOTE
3. The Dungeons & Dragons Campaign must be 3.5 or higher and be active enough that there are updates by Players or Dungeon Master daily / every other day.

The suggestions I can offer you are along the lines of what Play by Post said as well as something I do as a GM:

1. If a Player is not active as they should be visit their Introduction Thread and find out what is up with them / place a reminder.

2. Instigate penalties in your game if a Player does not respond within a 2 day period. The penalties could be anything of your choice, for example: Their character accidentally falls, is attacked more often, receives less treasure, etc. You should also inform Players beforehand that you will do this so they can prepare.

On another note, if you have Players in waiting you should encourage them to be in the game somehow by possibly incorporating a sub scene that will eventually lead them to the main party. This way they can become active and your game Thread moves forward.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2014 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Campaign Review - Page 5

Thank you, but I'm sorry, I am not a fan of penalties. I don't like punishing anyone, at all.

It's absolutely impossible to start a sub scene with the new players, as the game we're playing involves several mini-stories connected to each other. Even a small hint of what's coming up could spoil the excitement of discovering the continuation of the story for a player.

If the game ever becomes really inactive, I might start using some of those suggestions, nonetheless. Thank you! *smile*

4th Oct, 2014 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Campaign Review Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

Like I said, the way you want to run your game is up to you, however the rules of the Reward says that updates must be made a minimum of every other day, so it is up to you how you want to fulfill that if you want $40 in your pocket. Again, it can't be that the game is stagnant for 5-7 days for the purpose of the Reward.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Johnathan Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Campaign Review

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,