Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants - Page 15 of 18

With your position we can begin to rationalize - Page 15 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Sep, 2011 - 10:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 18 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Mormon Hispanics Illegal Immigrant Mormons - "Lawmakers should show more compassion" - Could your Bishop or Full-Time Missionary be illegally in the USA and still serve in the Church?
12th Jun, 2011 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants - Page 15

The Church also released this news about not being judgmental on people's immigration status and callings.

international QUOTE
The First Presidency has for many years taught that undocumented status should not by itself prevent an otherwise worthy Church member from entering the temple or being ordained to the priesthood.

Bishops are in the best position to make appropriate judgments as to Church privileges.  Meanwhile, Church members should avoid making judgments about fellow members in their congregations. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
15th Jun, 2011 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants Illegal Church Mormon

Two Branch Presidents in Utah has been deported, one to Guatemala and the other to El Salvador:

international QUOTE
HYRUM - Considering all that had happened to her family in the past 24 hours, Aracely Carias is the picture of calm.

Her husband, Manuel Antonio Carias-Odonez, who had been president of the LDS Church's South Cache Spanish-speaking branch, was deported to his native Guatemala on Monday.

"They sent him to Arizona all chained up like he was a robber or something," Carias said in a telephone interview.

The couple's youngest children, ages 18, 14 and 8, are worried about their father and about a future that will likely mean moving to Guatemala to keep the family together.

"It's really stressful, especially for my kids. They really need their dad," Carias said.

Carias-Odonez had been detained in the Weber County Jail on an immigration hold since May 20. He was released to federal immigration officials on June 9.

Carias is planning what to do next. She is committed to keeping her family together. That means they will have to leave the United States for an uncertain future in country that is unfamiliar to them. Her husband was trained as a physician and she as a teacher so they should be able to make a living. For that matter, Carias-Odonez was underemployed while living in the United States.

"We've been compensated with the tranquility of this place," she said. "We just love this place because there is no violence. There is a lot of violence there."

Her husband was also a popular soccer coach for nearly two decades. To pull him away from his family and his community is senseless, she said. Source 3

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2011 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Matthew

Comments: Why would anyone support ILLEGAL immigrants anyways? They come into our country without declaring themselves, they rob our social services and taxes, they consume our produce and rob jobs from those who could have gotten it and live a lie. Religion or not they have to do the right thing. If I went to their country and did that how would they like it?

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2011 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 15 Immigrants Illegal Church Mormon

Illegal immigration bill repeal backer calls lawmakers who drafted it 'traitors' to Utah

At the same news conference, Brandon Beckham basically demanded the GOP-controlled Utah Legislature repeal HB116 by Sept. 30. The bill would establish a guest worker program for undocumented immigrants in 2013. "Those who drafted this bill are traitors to Utah and they will be held accountable by voters in 2012," he said with Sen. Stephen Urquhart, R-St. George, and Rep. Chris Herrod, R-Provo, and others standing behind him in the Capitol rotunda. Both lawmakers favor a repeal. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2011 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Immigrants Illegal Church Mormon

U.S. Deporting more illegal-immigrant convicts, and even more non-convicts

WASHINGTON - Since the Bush administration rolled out a program in 2008 that shares fingerprints between local police and federal immigration agents, about 30,000 illegal immigrants convicted of serious crimes have been deported. But even more immigrants - roughly 33,000 - have been thrown out of America without ever being convicted of non-immigration crimes. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2011 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants

Name: Cit

Comments: The argument the Mormon church uses that we must help those who made it here ILLEGALLY is ridiculous. Should we help the whole world if they made it here illegally? Maybe the Mormon church should help the people in those countries so they can feel good about staying right where they are!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2011 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants
A Friend

Mormon Church Illegal Immigrants - Page 15

Listen guys this is how I look at it. I have read alot of people writing about how they can't accept the Church giving "illegal" members temple recommends, and Church callings, because it conflicts with our belief that we should follow the law of the land. But if the Church leaders don't have a problem with it, then why should I? Here is why. Yes our scriptures and doctrines say that we should follow the laws of this land. But when was this written? Was it written yesterday? No! It was written almost 2 centuries ago. For a people with completely different problems and circumstances. I am not saying that commandments of God giving to His children in the past is not applicable now, but that we must accept that problems now are different than problems then (for which such statements as "We believe in...obeying, honoring and sustaining the law were written.) Can we honestly believe that there will never come a time when we have to choose between following the Prophet or the goverment? So then what will we choose? Will we say that the Church is disobeying the laws of the land, and criticize the leaders because of it? I believe now is such a time. Is illigal immigration illigal? (reduntant I know) Yes, obviously. So one will naturaly assume that they don't meet the requirements for membship in the Church, or at least have callings and such; but our leaders have said otherwise. Now we are left to decide wether we will accept that or not. So then again I ask. Can we really expect the "advice" and council of the Church leaders to "always" be the same as the "goverments?" I don't. What good is a living prophet today then if we can't accept his guidance? Are we really going to sit here and say "but the scriptures say this, or the Article of Faith say that, etc...?" I mean I'm pretty sure they know exactly what the Articles of Faith say, or what commandments the Lord gave Joseph Smith in D&C. Yet the guidance today is what it is. It may appear to contradict what we have already been commanded but it's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last. Illigal immigration is definitely a problem, but with regards to wether it gives someone in the Church the privelage of entering the temple or having callings I believe the issue has been settled. Any other problems with it I belief is just a trial of faith in the leaders. (and I'm not saying this in a judgemental way at all! It's just something that people are going to have to get over or it might destroy their faith.)

5th Sep, 2011 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Church Illegal Immigrants Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 15

With your position we can begin to rationalize just about everything the government does. You're also looking at it from one point only, a LDS one, there is also the question of honesty. I posted this point some months ago, Source 5 and no one has answered yet.

+  « First of 18 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 

> TOPIC: Mormon Church And Illegal Immigrants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,