Curse Of The Lotto Winner - Page 2 of 3

Threads relevant to this Topic: * Lottery - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2012 - 3:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Lottery - Are you actually making things worst for you by winning all that money?
6th Jan, 2005 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Curse Of The Lotto Winner - Page 2

Man divorces wife before claiming lotto prize

Yep... Just before claiming prize.

international QUOTE
TALLAHASSEE, Florida (AP) -- It took Robert G. Swofford Jr. More than a month to come forward and claim his $60 million Lotto prize, but he had to take care of some unfinished business -- divorcing his wife.

Swofford, a postal worker from Seminole County, claimed his prize Tuesday in a $34.7 million lump sum payout, ending weeks of mystery about who won the November 24 drawing.

Swofford, 53, and his wife separated three years ago. But two weeks after the winning numbers were announced, Ann Swofford served him with divorce papers and claimed a share of the prize.

Just before Christmas, the Swoffords and their lawyers hammered out an agreement. His wife will get $5.25 million and $1 million will be set aside to support their 11-year-old son. In return, she agreed not to seek any more of Swofford's winnings....

Source

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jan, 2005 - 10:49pm / Post ID: #

Curse Of The Lotto Winner
A Friend

Winner Lotto The Curse

Wow, LDS, that's stunning. Greed is the first thing that comes to mind. I think buying/spending at a rapid pace and spending a lot can become addictive, habits that are very difficult to break. Some spend all of their time working, thinking, strategizing, and planning every conceivable way to earn more. That is no way to be happy IMO. What happens when the money runs out? I agree with Tenahoff that it's about the way he chose to spend the money, and I do think that money changes things. It changes your entire lifestyle, which can really mess people up if they don't stay balanced in their lives and keep the priorities at the top of the list. My parents are rich, but growing up I was miserable. I would have given up any amount of money to have a family that loved each other and did things together. I do believe that my parents were affected by the money. My two brothers and myself were all adopted, yet when I was three months old, instead of bonding with me and taking care of me, they went to Europe for 6 MONTHS. It would be great to have enough money to be comfortable, but I never want to be rich.

26th Mar, 2005 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Curse Of The Lotto Winner History & Civil Business Politics

Wow. The things people will go through for their love of money. I don't think that having a lot of money always makes a person bad, but it certainly seems to be able to mess with their priorities- that is a big problem.

It is rather ironic that something so many people think would help them and improve their lives so often ruins people's lives.

And it isn't always gambling that can have these kinds of effects. Sometimes when people inherit large amounts of money, but have to split it or share it with other family members, they can change in similar ways as those who win the lottery.

It is sad that people allow money to ruin their lives. But, as the saying goes- "a smart man learns from his mistakes; a wise man lears from other people's mistakes." I think we should all try to learn something from this... wink.gif

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

31st Jan, 2008 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Winner Lotto The Curse

Curse of the Lotto Winner

I was just watching a programme about an alleged curse that some believes follows lotto winners. They win a lot of money, but in the end, lose families, children, lose money and even committing suicide as with Billie Bob Harrell, $31 Million Dollar winner who locked himself in a room, took off all his clothes and shot himself with a shot gun. He left envelopes with messages, one of which was to his ex-wife that he never wanted this, he only wanted her. What are your thoughts?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

3rd Feb, 2008 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Winner Lotto The Curse

When the lotto was started in the Uk, similar reports were read out about these happenings in the US and how badly it had damaged peoples lives.
The first UK winner, I think won around £38 million ?around $76 million US, and he was hounded so badly that he had to give up the life that he knew and completely go into hiding.

Part of the problem with this British winner was the fact that his religion forbade him gambling, and he was given an ultimatum of the money or the religion....and reportedly he chose the money...

It really makes you wonder whether such excesses of money ever really brings happiness, much smaller amounts that makes your life comfortable I don't think would have such a bad effect on people, and maybe should be the way to go with these winnings.

Reconcile Edited: DianeC on 3rd Feb, 2008 - 7:10pm

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

3rd Feb, 2008 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Curse Of The Lotto Winner

I think perhaps the money is not the issue but how it is handled. Some people go into a crazy lifestyle which causes them a lot of problems but other wise ones, allow themselves a modest "salary" every month and a budget which allows them to do both live a comfortable life and at the same time remain sane and keep some sort of balance.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2012 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Curse The Lotto Winner - Page 2

No work today for $26m Lotto winner

The $26.5 million Lotto Powerball winner who vowed to keep working didn't show up for his 5am shift today. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2012 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Curse The Lotto Winner Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Threads relevant to this Topic:

* Lottery Tickets - Lotto - Mega Millions

* Lottery Ticket (movie)

* I'm a Mormon and I bought a lottery ticket (religious)

* Trinidad Lottery

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Curse Of The Lotto Winner

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,