Waterboarding Torture - Page 3 of 8

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 23-Apr 09, 7:39 AM) I feel - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Apr, 2009 - 1:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2009 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Waterboarding Torture - Page 3

"I Was Only Following Orders!"

Being serious about torture. Or not.
By William Blum

On the very day of Obama's inauguration, the United Nation's special torture rapporteur invoked the Convention in calling on the United States to pursue former president George W. Bush and defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld for torture and bad treatment of Guantanamo prisoners. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2009 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Torture Waterboarding

CIA Waterboarded al-Qaida Suspects 266 Times
By Matthew Weaver and agencies

The CIA waterboarded two al-Qaida terror suspects a total of 266 times, according to a report that suggests the use of the torture technique was much more extensive than previously thought. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Waterboarding Torture History & Civil Business Politics

Rice approved CIA waterboarding

Harsh CIA interrogation methods such as waterboarding were approved by Condoleezza Rice as early as 2002, a report shows. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

Waterboarding Torture
A Friend

Page 3 Torture Waterboarding

I can believe that they were told to use water boarding as a way to get information. I feel that it is wrong to use torture to get info as a person will say anything to get the torture to stop.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2009 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Torture Waterboarding

Military agency had doubts about harsh techniques
By Peter Finn and Joby Warrick
THE WASHINGTON POST

WASHINGTON - The military agency that helped to devise harsh interrogation techniques for use against terrorism suspects referred to the application of extreme duress as 'torture" in a July 2002 document sent to the Pentagon's chief lawyer and warned that it would produce "unreliable information." Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2009 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Waterboarding Torture

"We don't torture people in America and people who say we do simply know nothing about our country." - George W. Bush [Interview with Australian TV - October 18, 2003]

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2009 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Waterboarding Torture - Page 3

I do not think most of the torturing was done in the USA but rather at an allies door step. So there maybe some truth in the claim. Just a very incomplete version of the whole truth.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

26th Apr, 2009 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Waterboarding Torture Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 23-Apr 09, 7:39 AM)
I feel that it is wrong to use torture to get info as a person will say anything to get the torture to stop.

Yes, they will say anything. And, it has proven to be that they will give up the information that is needed to save lives. One of the 9/11 organizers gave up information about a 9/11 style attack planned on Los Angeles. The attack was stopped because of the information.

Our own special forces are subjected to everything these memos called "torture," and more. If any of our forces are captured by the Islamists, Chinese, North Koreans, etc, they are subject to far more horrible things.

I don't like the thought of torture. I like the thought of thousands of people dieing through terrorist activities far less.

Do the ends justify the means? It depends on the ends and the means. The big question about this is, "do you feel more or less safe now that the current administration has revealed all of the techniques used, along with the orders to not do anything?"

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Waterboarding Torture

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,