The Air Car

The Air Car - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 26th Nov, 2007 - 3:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

This car needs no fuel
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2005 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Air Car

The Air Car

After twelve years of reserch and development, Guy Negre has developed an engine that could become one of the biggest technological advances of this century. Its application to CAT vehicles gives them significant economical and environmental advantages. With the incorporation of bi-energy (compressed air + fuel) the CAT Vehicles have increased their driving range to close to 2000 km with zero pollution in cities and considerably reduced pollution outside urban areas.
Ref. https://www.theaircar.com/

Sponsored Links:
7th Sep, 2005 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Car Air The

This looks like a very promising technology, although, of course, details are scarce. Being a real gearhead, I would certainly like to know what that gear box is all about.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 7th Sep, 2005 - 5:58pm

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2005 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

The Air Car
A Friend

The Air Car Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

With gas prices over $3 a gallon in my part of America this car will be a perfect idea. However, where are we going to be able to refuel the air in the car?

17th Nov, 2007 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Car Air The

There are two versions of this... one that uses compressed air only and the other that carries gas as well as a backup. The one that uses gas as well can give you a need push in case you are not anywhere near a air refill station. Typically, using an at home compressor it will take you about 4 hours to fill the car. At a car air station it takes only three minutes using special tanks. The cost of the care is around US$7,000 (air only).

22nd Nov, 2007 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Car Air The

So some one finally decided to make a real life size air hog. It is an interesting theory but has any one sat down and calculated the cost of compressing the air? I see this technology as a half solution like the electric/hybrid car. Yes we are eliminating fossil fuel burning but are creating more nuclear waste. The best part I see is over all cleaner air but could result in costly electrical bills in years to come. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

23rd Nov, 2007 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

The Air Car

Good point because it does take a motor of sorts to feed it the compressed air, but the idea here is that compressing air vs. cost of gas makes this a worthwhile buy. Plus, the engine is so simple... you really do not have to worry about shutting down. The tanks are also made to withstand the force of gun fire.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2007 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

The Air Car

Yes the tank technology is very sound though bulky. Nice part is one if traveling long distance could put in a compressor and refill the tank as required if you have the room.

I still think solar and wind will eventually turn out the solutions we seek when applied to superconductor type of materials. The one day it will be the earths own magnetic field that will supply the required power.

> TOPIC: The Air Car

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,