Surrogacy In Trinidad And Tobago - Page 2 of 4

Name: Lisa Country: Comments: Well I think - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 30th Jul, 2011 - 11:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
$60,000 for baby upon delivery
11th Mar, 2008 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Surrogacy In Trinidad And Tobago - Page 2

LDS asked:

How would a mother that adopts a child explain how she was born?

It is never an easy discussion for a mother or both parents, to inform a child that he or she was adopted. However, in some instances, I have seen adopted children who were raised in a loving home, to actually accept the fact that they were adopted. Timing of course, is everything. The parents or mother must select a time when they believe that their child is mature enough, to handle this shocking news.

LDS asked:
How would a mother who chooses Artificial Insemination explains that as well?

I suspect women who have artificial insemination, usually lie to their child about how they were conceived; perhaps, they would suggest to their child that his or her father is dead, to prevent any further questioning or to avoid the embarrassment.

LDS said:
It seems to me we are walking on a fine line. Personally, I am not for or against it.

A very strange comment to be coming from you. Normally, you are either for or against something and not neutral.

LDS said:
The topic of adoption always rises when a couple does not have children, but we need to understand that adoption may not be the solution for everyone.

Adoption in some countries cost a lot of money as well.

Yes that is true. But there are always other options. If adopting is not feasible for a couple, then there is always the option of working closely with children. For instance, they could start a babysitting services or become a kindergarten or school teacher. Or they could offer private tutoring for kids with special needs.

LDS said:
Now with regards to Trinidad, when I read this article I thought "Suzie" sounds pretty fishy on her dealings, a full investigation should take place.

I agree with you. But I suspect that nothing will become of this. Suzy has a new career which will prove to be a thriving business, in a country that seems to be a breeding ground for corruption!

Sponsored Links:
11th Mar, 2008 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Tobago Trinidad Surrogacy

Geenie:

A very strange comment to be coming from you. Normally, you are either for or against something and not neutral.

True. In this case, I am not quite sure because is not something I would personally consider. I would rather adoption. Having said that, I do not see it as wrong but is not something I would personally encourage anyone to do. It's a very personal decision.

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2009 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Surrogacy In Trinidad And Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Honey

Comments: Genie, you [seem] self-centered and speaking from an objective point of view, not subjective. Had you ever been in a situation where you had to make a choice, you would have thought differently. You should first speak to persons in the situation before you be judge and jury. Perhaps one day you may find yourself childless, then you can speak as the expert you pretend to be.

5th Aug, 2009 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tobago Trinidad Surrogacy

Honey said:

Comments: Genie, you [seem] self-centered and speaking from an objective point of view, not subjective. Had you ever been in a situation where you had to make a choice, you would have thought differently. You should first speak to persons in the situation before you be judge and jury. Perhaps one day you may find yourself childless, then you can speak as the expert you pretend to be.

Honey, first of all, I would like to say thank you for your glowing compliments in your brief post. I have never been compared to a judge or jury and find these remarks rather flattering. Like me, you seem unafraid to speak your mind and I do admire that about you!

I am not sure if you read my post carefully, but I started off by saying that I am an old fashioned girl, which I will stand by and make no apologies for it. I do not see why it is so wrong for me to adopt an objective standpoint to this issue. Sometimes when people are subjective, they tend to become very emotional and lose focus of the point, like your post for instance.

I will be honest and say that I have never been in a situation where I am forced to make a decision which involved someone else carrying a child for me. However, I have been speaking to others who have been in that position and they all preferred to adopt a child.

It is interesting that people in Trinidad seem to embrace "foreign culture or methods" over seeking alternatives. Honey, does this Suzy character strike you as an honest woman? Do you believe that she has the person's (who is unable to conceive) best interest at heart? This lady is clearly in this business for the same reason why most Trinidadians are turning to kidnapping. She sees this avenue as a lucrative business and there is definitely a market for it. Do you believe that this lady even bothers to do background checks on the surrogate mother? Does she know anything about the surrogate's mother's mental history? Of course not! She is merely exploiting mothers who are longing for a child. And what's wrong with adoption? Did you happen to see on the news recently about an elderly lady with an old house filled with orphans? If you actually saw the footage, all the kids were smiling, happy and seemed unafraid of the camera. Unfortunately, this lady has no assistance from the government and the kids are living under poor hygienic conditions. Why don't these same women who are unable to conceive try adopting? Surely, all orphanages are brimming over with sweet, innocent kids who are longing for a better life and for someone to love them. There is no shortage there and I am sure you don't have to pay any ridiculous fees for adopting a child! Why doesn't anyone take advantage of this? But of course, here in Trinidad, we like to look for "quick fix" solutions without regarding the consequences. Suppose the surrogate mother is mentally unstable and harms herself while being pregnant? What happens if the surrogate mother decides that she wants this child and runs away? There are so many things that could go wrong and I still believe that surrogacy is unethical.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2011 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

Tobago Trinidad Surrogacy

Name: Bigredz

Title: Surrogacy

Comments: I think a surrogate mother is the best because when you go through the adoption agency it is very much time consuming and you are not likely to get the child due to certain rules and regulation that they have and it is very heart breaking to be told that you you not fit the profile to get the child your desire.

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2011 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Surrogacy In Trinidad And Tobago
A Friend

Surrogacy In Trinidad And Tobago

I understand when a woman can not have a child. Because I am currently looking a surrogate mother in trinidad.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jul, 2011 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Surrogacy Trinidad Tobago - Page 2

Wherbert, aren't you concerned about the fact that this isn't common in Trinidad and they may not be following the correct procedures like they do abroad?

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2011 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Surrogacy Trinidad Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

Name: Lisa

Comments: Well I think is a good thing. As a matter of fact. I am currently looking for a surrogate mother in Trinidad.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Surrogacy In Trinidad And Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,