Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai - Page 15 of 17

Ok we are back at the bridge Woot! - Page 15 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jul, 2008 - 3:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 17 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Closed
15th Jul, 2008 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai - Page 15

20 seconds and onto 31

Hurrying down the hallway you follow the emergency lights through the wide bare halls.  Nearing the launching bay, you hear ahead the whir of mechanical legs.  Rounding a corner you step into the evacuation bay, a large semicircular lounge with doorways in the curved wall leading to corridors and ultimately the escape pods.
All the doors are closed and red lights inform you that the pods have all been launched. There is a robotic dog here, creating the whirring as it patrols back and forth.  It is a strange-looking thing, with a greyhound-shaped body and limbs of black polymer, and an oversized, head that looks like a rocket-launcher with an array of sensors on top.
In the seconds it has taken you to take in the scene, the dog-bot has been walking away from you, but it is about to turn back and will see you.

If you want to leave before the dog-bot sees you, turn to 39
If you want to go out and ask the doggy-woggy what's happening, turn to 21
116s

126 seconds gone

We avoid doggy

Deciding that the dog is trouble, you slip back into the corridor and creep away as quiet as a six-foot mouse.  Reaching the lift you step back inside and use your paw to press the button to take you up to the command deck.  The doors close and the lift whooshes upwards at high speed.  Shaken, and a little exhilarated you step out of the lift.
The corridors on Deck A are so much more luxurious than you are accustomed to.  Thick, soft carpet lies underfoot, and your way is lit by old-fashioned brass and crystal wall lights.  Even the electronic touch screens are housed in ornate, gilt frames, displaying images of oil painting landscapes while on standby.
Although you pause to brush off and straighten your coveralls; the opulent surrounds do not deter you from your mission, and you hurry towards the bridge.  Following the main corridor leads you past polished wooden doors, often set with gleaming brass plaques.  Finally the corridor ends at a pair of doors bearing the designation: "Bridge."
The doors open at your approach and you enter into the correctly labelled room.  As you step inside, the first thing you notice is the bright light shining from the front of the room where the large viewscreen fills the wall.  Light and heat from the image of the sun directly ahead blaze upon you, making it difficult to see.  You stumble inside, until your hands hit upon a polished wooden rail.
Shading you eyes and squinting for good measure, you manage to see that the bridge is a multi-layered affair, with rows of tiered consoles below you extending down to the foot of the viewscreen. Where you stand is the highest tier, unoccupied except for a large comfortable chair, with a quaint old sailing ships tiller wheel before it.
You give the wheel a spin, hoping against hope that it is more than ornamental.  The wheel spins easily, a testament to the loving care bestowed upon its ball-bearings in the form of regular greasing.  However, apart from testifying to the aforementioned loving care, the wheel is non-functional.
Going over to the captain's chair, you sit down, feeling yourself settle into the soft clasp of its silken cushions.  Your enjoyment of the chair does not prevent you from scorning the decadence of the former captain, and after a moment's indulgence, you get to the matter at hand.
"Computer," you say in your most commanding voice.  "Change course!"
"Who is squeaking?" the computer asks politely.
"The captain!  I am the captain now!" you announce.
"Yes, sir," the computer agrees without any resistance.  "Please input your command code."
"Wa?  I don't have one," you reveal, your voice trembling with the kind of uncertainty that has spawned countless mutinies ever since men went to sea in groups together.
"Navigational command requires command status," the computer tells you sympathetically.
"I am the last crewmember left on board, am I not?" you ask.
"Yes, sir," the computer agrees.
"That makes me the captain now, doesn't it?"
"Yes, captain."
"So why don't I have command status?" you want to know.
"You need to submit your CMN and apply for command status.  If your application is successful, you will need to register and create a command code.  Then you can login and take command."
"What's a CMN?" you ask, perplexed.
"Crew Member Number," the computer informs you.  "It is the prominent number on your Crewmember Identification Card."
Now you are getting somewhere!  You reach into your pocket for the card.  Not in that pocket.  You check the next likely pocket. Nothing.  You check the remainder of your pockets with growing dread and dismay that reaches a peak, then sends a wave of fear crashing down upon you, wiping you out and dumping you upon the shore of frustration.
You know you had it with you last night.  The card is used to make purchases from the funds in your on-board account.  You had it at the club last night, purchasing the alcohol that was subsequently poured down your throat, resulting in the state of extreme charm that you are still recovering from.  You must have lost it in the dance club.
"Be right back!" you shout, springing up from the chair and dashing towards the exit.  The opulent corridor sweeps past as you run towards the lift, pound the button and hurl yourself into the small, vertically mobile room. You lift your extended finger to press the button, yet it pauses, trembling in anticipation of function.
What floor was the dance club on?  There are 26 buttons, marked A to Z.  You are always getting lost on this darn ship.  You can't even remember the name of the dance club.

If you know what floor you were on, you can turn to the correct reference by converting the letter to a number using A=1, B=2, "¦ , Z=26.  Otherwise, you will just have to guess.  If the passage you turn to makes no sense, then turn instead to 49 right away.
284s

+126+284=410 seconds spent

z is the escape pods.

I think this is where we are in need of the right choice. I say onto the escape pods level z section 24.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2008 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai
A Friend

Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

I say lets try a different level. We know what happens with J and Z so lets use this as a save place. Lets pick option 5 see where that takes us.

15th Jul, 2008 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You take out your id and show it to the soldier.  He snatches it, quite unnecessarily, and stares at it.  "It's him!  The one our queen has been searching for!"
"No I"m not," you correct him in all seriousness.  "I don't know who your queen is, but it isn't possible that she's looking for me."
"Same name, at least," the soldier says.  "You"re coming with us for a special audience!"
Being dragged off to an audience with a tyrannical queen just because you happen to have the same name as some rogue sounds very adventurous.  But you can do nothing as you writhe uselessly in the iron grip of the well-paid soldiers.  Resigned to your fate, you try to put a positive spin on it.  Maybe the queen is beautiful and single, embarking on the conquest of the universe because she is lonely.  You imagine yourself dragged before her in chains. After it is established that you are not the one she seeks, you win her heart and rule the universe at her side, your calming influence stopping this nonsense about slaughtering whole populations and laying waste to planets
Being captured could actually be a step in the right direction for your career.  You are taken to an observation lounge and flung inside.  The doors close.  Not immediately seeing any haughty but beautiful queens in the lounge, you try the doors at each end, finding them locked. 
Happy to wait for your future bride, you sit down, carefully choosing a strong, yet suggestive posture.

Turn to 16
504s

Darn onto 49 did we miss a hint as to where we should go in level in first try did the computer not mention deck j or something?

You press the button and the doors close.  You fidget impatiently as the lift seems to crawl along, the lights indicating the current deck seeming to linger teasingly.  Finally with a pleasant chime the doors open and you spring out.  You pound the floor with your feet as you run at world-record-breaking pace despite the lack of time-keeping officials.  Yes, this all looks familiar"¦  but the further you go the more uncertain you become.  No this is all wrong.  You are on the wrong deck!  You spin about and go back the way you came.  Reaching the lift, you jump inside"¦

To try another level, turn to another reference 2 to 25.  if that reference makes no sense, then you are have erred again and must return here to receive your time penalty.

135s

So now 410+135=545 seconds gone.

I do think we have to get the right deck. Perhaps we do have to hit that nice bar.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2008 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 15 Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

We did not have a id to give the guy laugh.gif I think getting the id is a must but we do not get a option to head back to the command deck after that. Lets go back to J

16th Jul, 2008 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Ai Ulysses By Go Wrong

deck is z I can look and see what it says. J is 10. I get the idea we need to get to some room that belonged to the ID we found that was not ours.

You press the button and the doors close.  You fidget impatiently as the lift seems to crawl along, the lights indicating the current deck seeming to linger teasingly.  Finally with a pleasant chime the doors open and you spring out.  You pound the floor with your feet as you run at world-record-breaking pace despite the lack of time-keeping officials.  Yes, this all looks familiar.  Soon you round a corner and see ahead the glowing archway of the Pleasure Pen nightclub.  That's it!  You hurry about and search through the club for your id"¦

Roll a die.
If you roll a 1, turn to 4
If you roll a 2, turn to 25
If you roll a 3, turn to 37
If you roll a 4, turn to 48
If you roll a 5, turn to 51
If you roll a 6, turn to 55
150s

+150+545=695
Rolls
5,1,3,4,2,I am stopping ther for now since we rolled all but a six.

You search about, and behind the bar find scotch, whiskey, vodka, gin, rum, port, a dozen types of red and white wine, and beers from near and far.  In the interests of your mission, you take a nip of courage.  Still feeling a bit cowardly, you down some more courage, trying a different flavour.  Not knowing what you are up against, you quickly prepare yourself by consuming bravery of all types from the entire variety of bottles.
Suddenly the prospect of plunging into the sun doesn't seem so bad!  So this is what courage feels like.  You set out from the bar to continue your mission.

Reduce your SKILL by 1 due to being tipsy.

If you are ready to leave the club, turn to 23

To keep searching, roll a die.  If you roll a number you have rolled previously, add 1 minute to your Duration, and roll again.

+204+695=899 second -1 skil

You search about, crawling under the tables and find an id!  But it isn't yours.  On the front is a photo of a grinning young man labelled as Gary Fishbone, and on the back of the thick polymer card is inscribed: "If found, please return to Cabin 24, Section 2, Deck P."
Although it isn't your card, perhaps it will allow you take command of the ship. 

To keep searching, roll a die.  If you roll a number you have rolled previously, add 1 minute to your Duration, and roll again.

114s

Now this is new! deck p!  16th section from the lift.  only problem is are we going to get nailed by the darn guard.

+899+114=1013

You search about, and under the seat of a booth you find a lot of dust and a Spinalot model 16 electric screwdriver.  It is a new model, and after you finish coughing from the dust, you admire its sleek lines.  You press the on button, but it has no power. 

114s

You search about.  On the steps leading up to the second level you find an id card.  It is yours!  You shout in triumph.  Never have you been so happy to see your own spotty face!  You hurry back down the stairs and make for the entrance.

Turn to 23
174s

All roads lead to 23...death becomes us I think.

Leaving the dance club, you move off down the corridor towards the lift.  As you rush along, you hear booted feet ahead and feel a surge of relief.  You are not alone after all!  Maybe they can help you take control of the ship.
You hurry around the bend towards your new-found friends; but when they come into sight you begin to doubt the extent of the amiability.  There are four soldiers, clad in space-black fatigues with shiny black body armour and helmets with tinted visors. Each one carries a blaster rifle in hand, belts heavy with other weapons around their hips. Each one has an insignia of a planet with a large red P on it.  Inwardly you groan.  You have heard of these soldiers.  In recent times a mysterious tyrant has been taking over planets one by one, leaving dead husks in its wake.  There is much speculation about what P stands for, but most news-casters have seized upon the unimaginative "Pirates."
Seeing you, one calls out "Halt!" as they rush to apprehend you.  Two of them grab you and another thrusts his gun into your chest.  The other just chills nearby.  You imagine the soldier in front giving you a steely cold stare, but can see nothing through the visor.
"Who are you?" the soldier before you demands to know.

If you have your id and want to show it to him, turn to 5
If you have Gary Fishbone's id and want to show it to him, turn to 14
Otherwise, your only choice is to insult him; turn to 45
174s
+1013+174+174+114=1127+348=1485 seconds

So we have two ID or we fight.

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2008 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lets see what happens when we show them fishbones ID Maybe they will let us go on.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2008 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Wrong Go By Ulysses Ai - Page 15

You take out the id and show it to the soldier.  He snatches it, quite unnecessarily, and stares at it.  "This doesn't look like you!"
"I know," you say shaking your head in disgust.  "I had the surgery over a month ago, but those incompetents in personnel still haven't updated my card!"
"You went from this," the soldier holds up the photo on the card," to that?" he points at your own face.
He seems sceptical.  "What do you mean?" you ask, somewhat offended.
"That's like trading in a sports car for a skateboard!" the soldier says.  "Are you going to sue the surgeon for malpractice?"
"I"m not ugly!" you protest.
"Get yourself a mirror, then a lawyer," the soldier quips.  The others laugh
"My mother always told me I was handsome!" you insist.
"That was nice of her," says another soldier 
They make fun of you for a while longer, making many hurtful comments (reduce your STAMINA by 1), then let you go.  Before they continue onwards, one of the soldiers says: "By the way, the ship is about to plunge into the local sun.  Best find a way out of here."
"Can I come with you?" you ask.
"Not with a face like that," one says, causing the others to laugh. 
They move off, and you hurry in the opposite direction.  You soon reach the bridge and jump into the captain's chair.
"I"m back!" you declare.  "Now what do I do?"
"Please insert your id card," says the computer.
The cushioned armrest suddenly opens into a computer panel, including a card-sized slot.

If you have your own id and what to insert it, turn to 3
If you want to use Gary Fishbone's id, turn to 38
342s

Well perhaps that is a step in the right direction.

I think we might be wise to use ours so no one will track us.

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2008 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wrong Go By Ulysses Ai D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 15

Ok we are back at the bridge Woot! Ok lets use our own ID card into the slot. We can get the command codes and get the ship back on a track that is not going into the sun.

+  « First of 17 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 

> TOPIC: Wrong Way Go Back By Ulysses Ai

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.