Low-Cost Meals Can Be Healthy, Filling

Low-cost Meals Healthy Filling - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Mar, 2009 - 6:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Food Related Out of Boston
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2009 - 9:15am / Post ID: #

Food Consumption News

Everybody knows rice and beans can be a cheap dinner. So can canned soup, scrambled eggs, and spaghetti with marinara sauce. But who wants to eat like that, day in and day out? You want variety, you want flavor, you want healthy food that won't bust your budget.

Source: Boston Weather, Breaking News and Sports from WBZ-TV

Sponsored Links:
9th Mar, 2009 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Filling Healthy Can Meals Low-Cost

I love rice and peas. Together with some vegetables and I'm very satisfied, but unfortunately I am alone in this thinking at home, so I do not get it often. However, rice and peas is very nourishing and inexpensive. If you use mixed peas or soya then you have a well round meal.

9th Mar, 2009 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Low-Cost Meals Can Be Healthy, Filling Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I will gladly join you in that meal JB as I eat it often. If you buy dried beans not canned it becomes cheap and nourishing. Canned anything is not cheap if you ask me.

I often eat meals that are just veggies cold or just warmed with spice and beans in them. I love doing this with curry. Make some flat bread and wrap it up for a variance.

I grow tomatoes and freeze them so making a tasty sauce is easy. If you can not freeze then sun dry them better flavor int he sauce once rehydrate any ways. If you have an empty pot you can have fresh tomatoes. you can also have yummy hot peppers as well as they do very well in pots.

I think being in the country is a better way to cheap good food.

9th Mar, 2009 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Filling Healthy Can Meals Low-Cost

I have a hard time convincing my wife to eat that. She has grown up on Italian foods - pasta, butter, cheese and meats - very healthy you know. You are right about dried. Very rare will I buy canned beans unless it is corn or mixed peas for a special dish. With a family of five I have to watch what we buy all the time. Felipe eats twice the amount I do - no kidding.

> TOPIC: Low-Cost Meals Can Be Healthy, Filling

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,