ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 158 of 279

Caelum slowly moves closer to the frog-man, - Page 158 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jan, 2016 - 8:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

20th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 279 pgs.  154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 60039
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
10th Jan, 2016 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 158

The Second says...

Zork looks on all the while shaking his head at what is likely to happen. He talks to his dog and horse to be ready.



Sponsored Links:
10th Jan, 2016 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Only Theaton moves up to see what happens (Leaving his wolf behind?), 100 feet of shrubs now separating him from the scene. Everyone else is waiting behind a further 100 feet of sparse forest.

A few minutes pass as one frog-man emerges from the river, victoriously holding a fish and speaking in a croaking tongue. The creature in the heaviest set of armour puts a hand out, taking it and swallowing it whole and raw. It croaks an order and the frog-man goes back to fishing.

Caeulm finally appears, holding some gems. The creatures are surprised and shocked, and they all ready their weapons. The leader barks an order and the two on land stay in their place. The two in the water, begin moving to swim out and grab their weapons.

Then one of the frog-men croaks something to its leader. A discussion begins among them filled with a variety of croaks. The leader turns and begins stepping towards Caelum with an inspecting eye.

Out of Character: I'm sorry Diramadhim, I can't let you ready outside of combat. After all, initiative is your ability to react quickly.



Post Date: 10th Jan, 2016 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Yes White fang is relaxing at the edge of the clearing while waiting to see what if anything happens. He will be sitting by Theaton's horse.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2016 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Page 158 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Out of Character: I assumed that since we are aware of the potential opponents and they are not aware of us, that the rules for a surprise round would be in effect. Currently they are only aware of Caelum, not of the rest of us, which should allow a readied action with the stipulation of them attempting to attack being the trigger.

10th Jan, 2016 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

In Character: Zork remains where he is even leaning on his horse's saddle from what looks like boredom but he is really trying to make out what is happening ahead. He continues to speak to his animals getting them ready for what might happen.



11th Jan, 2016 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Game Master says...

The lead frog-man continues to stare at Caelum with inspecting eyes and even moves closer to have a sniff.
He croaks something quietly, but Caelum can't understand.
Turning to the other from men he speaks to them and mimes Caelum's height, comparing it to something taller than them at about 6' (They themselves stand 5 feet tall and are also slouched). Then he mimes a pop with one hand, turning to stare at Caelum again.

Out of Character: If you were to initiate combat, then sure you can have a surprise round. But you are waiting for them to do something and they are aware of at least one party member. If you truly wish to do surprise, only Theaton and Caelum (And I guess Archival thanks to the telepathic link) would take a standard action, as would the 5 enemies who can clearly see Caelum. The surprise round is still done in initiative order.
Not having the surprise round benefits everyone!



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jan, 2016 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 158

The Second says...

Zork, still some ways off, looks on to see how the events transpire between the frogmen and civilization.



Post Date: 11th Jan, 2016 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 158

Caelum slowly moves closer to the frog-man, his hand with the gems still extended. He nods to the frog as a display that it's okay to take the items.

Out of Character: Not a problem. I think they will still be considered flat-footed when/if the party acts since they aren't aware of us, correct? When you say “mimes a pop,” do you mean like something exploding?


 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.