ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 17 of 279

You finish exploring the local area to the - Page 17 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2014 - 11:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 279 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...Latest (279) »
Posts: 2230 - Views: 61064
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2014 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 17

Theaton leads everyone out and they once again begin mapping the area as per our jobs. Theaton will keep a eye on the tree that has the kobold and watch for any tracks that would indicate a creature that could be a danger to us. He will also keep a eye out for the smaller beings.

Out of Character: Rolls unmodified: 8, 14

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2014 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Theaton sees no other tracks in the fresh ice, but he does spot the kobold in the oak as they pass by. It sits curled up and motionless inside a shallow tree burrow.

Jhod halts, but not looking at the kobold. He stares intently at a patch of ground inside a hollow between the roots. "The earth has been moved there. Was the creature guarding something?"

Looking more closely, Theaton can see the area and thinks it was dug up between two and three weeks ago.



Post Date: 28th Oct, 2014 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Well if it was guarding something it may be gone now hard to say. It could have buried what it is guarding there too. We can mark it on the map and investigate it at a later date. Lets see what else is out here."

Theaton leads the group on leaving the kobold to its slumber and whatever it is guarding.

Out of Character: Rolls 17, 8

30th Oct, 2014 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 17 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Travelling along the hills in a searching pattern to the East a few miles, then south, you spot a gorge in the hills ahead, and approaching you ca see it is an impressive 200 feet wide. The cliff faces aren't terribly steep, varying from 70 feet to 10, with a few rare and steep beaches. The night is dark with the first sliver of the moon visible, but otherwise unremarkable.

Oathday 21 Pharast

Using the river as a reference point you head west back into the hills and perform a zig-zag pattern, returning to the river 2 times. The first time, you come across a waterfall, marking a good reference on your map.

Towards the end of the day, you see a structure at a low point along the river. There is a rope that spans the 350 foot obstacle, 30 feet over fast water and sharp rocks downstream. A short pier juts out before ending in splintered wood. Some wooden beams and flotsam are scattered over the rocks, bobbing in the water. On the opposite side, the rope is tethered to a thick post that makes up part of a second wooden pier, that once may have been a bridge.

This is further evidenced by a sign that announces 'Nettles' Crossing-5 coppers-ring bell for service' and a rusty bell hangs off the side. On the south bank is the same sign, a wooden wall and a burnt out building that is beginning to be overgrown.

Theaton additionally spots a row of small footsteps in the muddy ground off to the southwest. A wooden ladder was used to climb out of the flotsam and stones just 300 feet away and just left standing against the gorge's edge. The footsteps must have been recent or else would be washed away after the rains. From the details, Theaton would have guess 2 large lizards, but the evidence of a ladder points to another familiar threat.



Post Date: 31st Oct, 2014 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Theaton will examine the footsteps to determine what all made the prints and how long ago. (Rolls for this are: 14, 9, 12.) Once he has determined what made them and which way they went he will lead the party on. He will make sure everyone is alert to possible danger ahead.

Other rolls if needed: 13, 17, 6, 12 All rolls are unmodified.

1st Nov, 2014 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

Game Master says...

The tracks are undoubtedly made by four kobolds and following a short while you guess they are heading towards the dead oak tree you found before. It would be backtracking if you decide to follow then but you might lose only 4 hours.



Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2014 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 17

Theaton keeps heading towards uncharted territory. He is not worried about in fighting between some kobolds. Let them kill each other so he does not have to do it.

2nd Nov, 2014 - 11:50am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 17

Game Master says...

You finish exploring the local area to the northwest of the Shrike River, the birds that flock along its length to small to be worth hunting. Nothing interesting is found apart from the rope across the river and accompanying ruin. The night passes calmly.

Fireday 22 Pharast

Early in the day's travel, you spot from far ahead a giant sycamore tree, its leafy, grey branches sagging with weight, but still managing to loom over the nearby hills and other plants. It reaches 100 feet into the air and its exposed roots look like stubby legs.

"By Erastil," Exhales Jhod. "Nature provides us such beauty and grandeur. It's a real shame it looks to be clinging to its last years of life. If I had the time, I may even be able to resuscitate it. We should go there, yes?"

Wherever you travel, the landscape is marred by grisly sights. Sometimes you find broken spears and discarded daggers, broken shields and broken leather armor. Other areas you see dismembered blue fingers or pointed ear tips from tiny creatures and patches of black scaled skin or toes. It is as though multiple skirmishes have been fought in the area recently, but not by any organised force.




 
> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.