ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 167 of 279

Zork calls out to everyone, "We're - Page 167 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jan, 2016 - 1:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 279 pgs.  163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171  ...Latest (279) »
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Jan, 2016 - 6:46am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 167

Enjoying the comraderie, I fall silent and my cheeks become slightly red when the talk turns to females. As the cursed priest's story is told, I relax. "I have been thinking... That trapper we ran into prior to our encounter to the owlbear had mentioned a man by the name of Breeg Orlivanch as a potential candidate of leaving the unmarked traps. Considering we didn't find any flags in his belongings - do you gentlemen think it might have been him we found dead?"

When we prepare to leave, I clasp Jhod's hand. "Thank you Jhod. I always appreciate how hospitable you are. It does me well to see how much you improve this place every time we visit. Is there anything you need us to ask for Oleg to purchase when we next pass through the trading post?"

After receiving an answer, I ride up beside Theaton and nod with a grin. "Southwest sounds just as good as any other direction. Let's be off!"

Out of Character: The map with the hexagons looks great!.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 26th Jan, 2016 - 6:49am

Sponsored Links:
27th Jan, 2016 - 2:03am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Game Master says...

Upon hearing Mykael's story Jhod says, "Must be Boggards. I hear they come here every now and again but mostly live along the great East Sellen River which lies a hundred miles to the west. Dangerous place out there; best avoided even if you're travelling by barge, but marginally safer on the river."
After studying the carven bone mace he continues, "I don't mind these evil creatures fighting amongst themselves. It helps keep their numbers in check without bothering humans and other civilised humanoids. It's concerning that they are drawing spells from a god, most probably the demon Gogunta. You did a good thing killing their priest."

In response to Archival he says, "I don't know this Breeg. Best to ask Oleg about him. Shall I head out and bless his final resting place?"

Sunday 2 Desnus

Jhod looks around at his work before replying, "I need wood, but it is plentiful around me. What I actually need is some faithful to come live and work here and a guard or two, better if they worship Erastil."

Heading directly southwest, through a region explored by Theaton and Zork, you reach the river that smells of rotten eggs from its volcanic source and light green algae. As it gets dark, you stop at a ruined fort where the two had also fought a goblin and it's sabre-toothed Slurk, a sticky toad-like creature with skin in a flesh tone.

The southeast building is more run down with wooden beams in its north-east corner, where a circular tower must have stood long ago. The south-east corner is demolished, the other walls are mostly intact. Inside is a moldy lean-to under which is a pile of rotting reed, planks and mud. At one end of the holey tent is a scene in miniature; three upright frog skeletons are bound by string, led by a crudely whittled wooden figure with a large head and pointed ears. At the other end are rusty, broken manacles and a 10 foot piece of rope.
The northwest building is 30 by 30 feet with all four walls intact, but no roof either. It's stone floor is covered in a patchy tarry substance.

A few feet to the south lie two skeletons, one small humanoid with a big head and wide mouth filled with sharp teeth, the other a round quadruped with walrus-like tusks. The scene is surrounded by broken arrows, a rotting spear, a discarded vial and a rusty dogslicer, a short crude blade with holes drilled in it.

Out of Character: I assume the party took only the Masterwork bone mace from the boggards?

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Starday 1 Sarenith
"If you wish to perform death rights, you can find him at..." I share with Jhod the location of the dead man's grave.

Sunday 2 Sarenith
"Would you like us to take a letter to Oleg's and have it delivered to a church of Erastil? Mayhaps they'll be able to spread word of your temple and earn you a couple of pilgrims and guards to the area? I would be more than happy to assist in drafting a diplomatic request."

The Ruined Fort
Pointing at the two corpses I ask, "Those would belong to the goblin and slurk you two fought, yes? Does everything appear as you left it? Were there any areas you were unable to explore? I ask because I want to know how cautious I should be when I go roaming to gather information to add to my book on the area."

"I wonder what this macabre scene is meant to depict... Some form of slavery, I would guess - but I would love to know more. Does anyone else care to join me in exploring the area?"

Out of Character: The masterwork bone mace was the only thing of potential value on the boggards, correct? Also, isn't the month Sarenith now? Gah! I totally forgot to roll training Patoot. Doing so now.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 27th Jan, 2016 - 6:02am

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 167 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Out of Character: So... I tried to edit my post and add an additional dice roll, but it didn't work. I'm just bloviating enough to be able to roll it now.

27th Jan, 2016 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

The Second says...

In Character: "Hmm, I can't remember it was so long ago and I have fought so many since then, but it does look more busy than before." Zork asks his dog to look around.

Out of Character: Well yeah, it wouldn't be anti-cheat dice if you could edit it. wink.gif.

Zork II Results:
  • Zork perception on D20 (+4): 22 (1 roll)
  • Grizzly perception on D20 (+5): 15 (1 roll)

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2016 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Theaton looks about again. "We did not have a lot of time to look around last time as we were busy fighting. If I remember we were a bit injured and wanting to get back to Oleg's for a rest. Now that we are back we can look more closely about as we continue to explore more area."

That night when meeting with his friend he will ask her how it would work between them?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2016 - 9:21am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 167

Game Master says...

Leaving the elk temple Jhod dictates a message to pass onto the main temple in Restov. He casts a spell on himself, takes an ampule of water from his pond and heads off to the spring at the start of the Thorn river.

The walled building with no roof is covered with your tents after Theaton judges a thunderstorm should come just after sunset and shouldn't last past midnight. The rotting planks of the ruined building is good firewood for the campfire you make inside to keep warm and dry.

Grogdrol draws the short straw and sits on watch first. It annoys him that his view from the doorway in the south wall is blocked by the other wall of the ruined building, 15 feet to the east.

When he's done he wakes Archival. Neither he nor Caelum wish to get wet and they stay inside, patching up a leak as it forms at the intersection of the two tents above.

Zork is woken next, the rain seems to be calming down but to the west of the entrance a 40 foot pond forms, being filled by rivulets coming from the river. Then Zork is the first to spot them, the reflection of the campfire's light in a pair of animal eyes. They seem to do nothing but stare.

(If Theaton is awoken next he will spot another pair of eyes also staring but they will do nothing unless the party reacts. No visit yet.)

Out of Character: Yes, the month is Sarenith, of course. It's bad enough getting real world dates mixed up.

Could I get everybody to wait until Txtrpg posts? Just to let Zork react first.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 28th Jan, 2016 - 9:25am

28th Jan, 2016 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #
Zork II
Fighter Level 6
Character
Loner / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Retired Retired

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 167

The Second says...

Zork calls out to everyone, "We're being watched!"

He tells Grizzly and his horse to stand guard. He gets his bow and notches an arrow but doesn't raise it yet. He moves to a spot where the light of the fire isn't directly on him so he can be in the shadows.

Zork II Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 21 (1 roll)
  • Perception Grizzly on D20 (+5): 21 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.