ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 275 of 279

"Oh please" Theaton laughs, :Call - Page 275 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Dec, 2016 - 2:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 279 pgs.  271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 
Closed
Pathfinder RPG This Scenario is a continuation from here: ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Prologue. Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land
A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 275

"I don't see much we can do in regards to the Erastil agreement. If as Jhod asserts, they remain firm on their request for alignment, we don't have much to bargain with, the followers of Old Deadeye have few material needs. Perhaps we can ask if they have any other requests in regards to social policy. Theaton has already made steps that will make living simple lives outside of our principle settlements an easier affair. Such may be worth some support, if perhaps not the full amount originally offered."

"As to the elves and dwarves, as much as I would like to say we should simply let them resettle their old lands as independent nations, such is liable to ruin this place, whether in the short or the long run. Since any claim to sovereignty they had ended long ago, there is no reason not to make this community's needs the priority. Claiming the entire greenbelt might be overstepping ourselves at the moment, but we will need its room and resources to grow in the long run."

"Might I suggest the following. In your response, ask each of them for 1 BP in exchange for both permission to and assistance in scouting for their old sites. It would help to go ahead and send on reports of what you already found in your travels. Let them know that they are welcome to resettle, as a part of the community being built here."

"I would highly recommend that you offer them a good deal of autonomy on any such settlements for the sake of their own laws and customs, but they would still be subject to the primary laws and edicts of your lordships. Exactly where that divide should be is a matter of some negotiation I would think."

"If they are amenable to such an offer, it would seem that we would see our first splinter settlements considerably sooner than expected. We'll need to insure that they have a voice in future meetings such as this.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 7:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Jesla checks back in from time to time with the Barons to give updates of her work. She is tireless in her work as the Royal Enforcer. Jesla stops many crimes from being committed and keeps the peace. Her cold stare is enough to calm most situations down. She has to pursue one fugitive after he assaulted another man almost killing him for his gold. Catching him within hours she returns him to the fort in a very battered condition.

Throughout this time Jesla is not remiss in keeping her skills honed. She will not always be the Royal Enforcer. Jesla is seen riding out by herself almost every day. She goes to a secluded clearing in the forest and practices her weapons training. Working with the lance and the short bow she smiles as she feels she is getting still better with them. She also practices wielding her great sword. From time to time she will leave on foot to the same location. There she will transform into a snarling 9 foot long tiger that stalks the woods with a barely checked fury. Other animals run at sight of the large tiger. One day she does so and come back to the clearing. After slashing across the trunk of a tree she transforms back into the barbarian woman. She misses being in tiger form more but knows that she can't do that around the fort often. Breathing heavily she leans against the scratched tree for support. This practice was poor substitute for actual combat. The barbarian hoped to see battle soon. She would not grow soft like these others were. Her eyes glittered in anger at the thought.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Dec, 2016 - 7:54am

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land Archive Pathfinder / D&D

For his part, Kresnik spends the next month researching and working on the Lyre as promised. He also spends time drawing up plans for organizing higher education and research, and attempting to contact experts in various fields that might be willing to come here and teach.

This doesn't leave him much in the way of time left over, but he spends much of it working with others. He's likely the closest thing the fledgling community has to a counselor at this time, so he works to resolve disputes before they cause problems, much less reach the point of violence, and tries to help others with any personal crises.

Which is why one night Jesla spots Kresnik waiting for her along the path of one of her regular patrols. Aware that his normal pace would slow her down, he's mounted on the Giant Gecko he referred to as Sticky in a previous conversation. He falls in step with her as she gets close.

"So, young Jesla, you seem frustrated of late. It doesn't seem to be your position, you've taken to that with enthusiasm. Unless I miss my mark, you feel out of place here. You are of Numeria yes? I have known a few others from there, they too had difficulty adjusting to life in a place like this, but most of them eventually found a compromise between their old and new lives that satisfied them."

"Perhaps I can help, by listening if nothing else. I swear to you that I won't judge, or repeat anything you say to others."

Out of Character: We need to come up with a proper name for this new nation being built. I'm running out of ways to reference the place. P.S. Sorry the recent subject hasn't exactly been geared for the likes of your character Kyr, nation building takes a lot of paperwork tongue.gif.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Dec, 2016 - 4:18pm

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 275 Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

Jesla grins as she sees Kresnik riding his giant gecko. It was quite the sight. She nods to him as they travel along. Her green eyes are watching him from time to time as he speaks. She scans back and forth from him to the environment around them. Hearing him finish with an offer to listen she stops. " Yes you are right. I am frustrated. I do like my enforcer position. I am from Numeria and miss my homeland. Most of the people here are soft and couldn't survive a day in Numeria. I don't fit in here. People look at me like I'm some kind of animal. That's what I feel like at times. Like an animal trapped in a cage. So many laws. Everything on paper. There is no honor in that. I am accustomed to taking someone at their word. " She sighs.

Jesla looks at the gnome with a frown on her face. " I am afraid I will grow soft here. I plan to return to my homeland one day. The Technic League will have their reckoning. I must remain strong and a true warrior. Battle is what keeps a warrior strong. I miss it. My sword hungers for the blood of my enemies. " She smiles at Kresnik. " Thank you for listening to me. I have no one else I can speak with like this but you. I hope I haven't frightened you with talk of bloodshed. "

Out of Character: : I understand about the kingdom building. I want everyone to know that when Jesla is irritated at this part of the game it is the way she would feel. It isn't me being irritated as a player. Barbarians aren't much for paperwork *smile*.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Land Stolen Kingmaker Pathfinder ICon

"Your people learn to value the strength found in physical hardiness, because that is what it takes to survive out there."

"You did not call me in particular soft, but I suspect you think of me as such. I am indeed quite weak by your standards, and while I can improve upon that by a little, I am getting older, and the strongest gnome I ever met was still physically weak. But when times get rough, I can and have survived. My strength may not be of a kind you consider honorable, but it is there, and quite potent in its own right."

"And then there is this place, for all the softness that can be found in the individuals here, to put it bluntly, this fledgling community will soon accomplish more than the tribes of Kellid are capable of. There is strength and value to be found in that as well. The laws and rules you speak of are a part of that, they provide a framework within which people can live and build in ways that are simply not possible otherwise.

"I won't lie, you can grow softer than you are now in this place if you choose to allow it, as that discipline is not necessary here. But I think you will find that with dedication, you can both maintain your strength, and learn more of a different kind, while still becoming a part of this community. At a first suggestion, I might try to find a sparring partner or two that you can hone your skills with properly, you may offer such to baron Mykael, who I suspect has a similar problem. You may also wish to spend some more time with baron Theaton, he knows more of surviving in the wilds than you may expect."

"As for myself, I would be happy to spend time with you, and help you adjust, though I suspect you would find more in common with true fighting men and women than a dusty old magic dabbler."

"Take heart woman, I think you will return to your tribe more, not less, capable than when you left."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Dec, 2016 - 6:30pm

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Theaton approaches Jesla on her way towards her clearing one day. "I have seen you working and honing your skills. I would like to invite you to travel with me next time I go exploring as a way to help you keep your combat edge up. I myself have been out practicing a lot and if you would like we can spare some to help keep our sword arms strong."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land - Page 275

Jesla listens intently to what Kresnik says. A frown appears upon her face when he mentions the community doing more than the Kellid tribes could accomplish. She nods at other parts. Jesla thinks for a minute before responding. " You are wise old gnome. I don't consider you as soft and hope you didn't think I meant that. I respect you and your wisdom. Your words I will ponder. I just need to give it time. Seeking a sparring partner would be good. I am hesitant to spar with one of the Barons. I don't wish to hurt them. " She grins. " I would enjoy taking to you more Kresnik. You are very different from the people I'm accustomed to speaking with. "
_____

Her eyebrows furrow in surprise as she sees Baron Theaton. She bows to him. "Greetings my lord Theaton. I would love to go explore with you. My heart lies in the wilderness, not the settlements. I miss swordplay and the rush of battle." She has an unsure look on her face. ". I would enjoy sparring. However, I have never sparred with nobility before. I would be Ill pleased if I hurt you. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Dec, 2016 - 7:32pm

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2016 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 275

"Oh please" Theaton laughs, :Call me Theaton Jesla as I am like you. The common folk can call me lord but you do not need to. I am a woodsman by trade and I like to keep my sword arm strong and my skills at peak just as you. When we spare it will be with wooden swords to not kill each other but weighted to the same as your sword and mine so that we keep our forms up. I am not worried about you besting me or me besting you as this is what sparring is for to better each other and have a real foe instead of a stationary target that does not fight back."

> TOPIC: ICon Pathfinder Kingmaker Stolen Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.