Mormon Beliefs About Aliens

Mormon Beliefs Aliens - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2007 - 9:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Are Mormons Aliens Other Planets have Aliens? Do they visit us? What Image Have They Been Created By? Are they little green men or just like us? What do Mormons believe about Aliens from other planets?
13th Dec, 2002 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Is interesting to see members that still check their horoscope because they see some 'answer' in the stars or planets, but what is more interesting are some members fanaticism with 'aliens'.

I think movies, especially those like the 'X-files' have sparked even more attention in the 'life out there phenomenon'.

For those of you who 'still believe' in the little man with green body and big black eyes... I am sorry to dampen your hopes, but Joseph once said something like... there are other planets with life, people like us, they are our brothers and sisters, but we are not allowed communication with them or they with us...

With that in mind what do you think are all these sightings of UFOs?

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2002 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Aliens Beliefs Mormon

You're touching a 'touchy' subject. lol I always believed in aliens, since I was very small (I guess I got that from my uncle) he always believed and talked about these things. I must say I have a very mystical spirit. I always liked those kind of subjects.
After a missionary told me what you just said about Joseph Smith I was very very very dissapointed, I used to have lots of books about it. I could read a thick book in a matter of days.
But I now understand how perfect is the plan of Heavenly Father. But we do know that there are other worlds out there with people like us, and I think is wonderful.
Regards to your questions about UFO'S wow...that's a kind of complicated topic because I have studied the subject a lot and I have seen material of objects that really look like space-ships!, but let's stick with the NASA statement who say that 90% of the objects people refer as 'UFO'S' are objects from the Earth NOT outside the Earth.
Oh boy! and I thought that someday I would see an alien with my own eyes!!! sad.gif

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2006 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Beliefs About Aliens Studies Doctrine Mormon

Growing up I feel in love with Sci-fi, the thought of Aliens have always interested me. I read what JB quoted when I was getting active in the church and it made sence to me. But let's look at the word Alien, it's someone or something that is not from a specific Area. Thus If I were to go to the Philippines I would be considered an alien. Since there is no such thing as little green men. And that all the Earths out there, if we were able to snatch him up and place him here he would be considered to be an Alien. True?

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2006 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aliens Beliefs Mormon

I know that God created other worlds, I know that Christ's atonement was not an act done for this world alone. ( this is the earth in which he chose to come and make his atonement.) I know that there are planet's aligned in order, Telestial ( ours and those in the same order.) Terrestial, like the city of Enoch, and Celestial. I believe the statement made, by Joseph Smith, but if you think about the communication part, all of us are cammanded to do curtain things, but not all of us obey those things. All men, alien or not have their agency. From all the history I have come accross, even a long long time ago, men have made reference to UFO's coming , those visits are depicted in their form of written history that they left behind. Plus it has been interesting how many times I have come accross the word alien , in the scriptures lately. God is big on the use of words. It is interesting that he would use that word when he could use another. When I look for a cross reference there isn't one.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2006 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aliens Beliefs Mormon

Where in the scriptures does it say "alien" of refer to it? I would like to look into that.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2006 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

EXODUS 18:3; DEUTERONOMY 14:21; JOB 19:15; PSALM 69:8; ISAIAH 61:5.

Here are your references to the word alien in the Bible.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jan, 2007 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Aliens

There is nothing prohibiting the visit of other beings from other universes. While all persons pertaining to this universe must be human, why cannot others pass through? Many people who see spirits are told that they are crazy or hallucinating, why should we treat those who see extraterrestrials the same? The evidence is to overwhelming to deny that there must be something there. And are we so arrogant with what little knowledge that we do have to think that what we know are absolutes?

3rd Jan, 2007 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Aliens Mormon Doctrine Studies

readypioneer, there is a quote by Joseph Smith (unfortunately I don't have it) where Joseph Smith admits the existence of other people living in other planets but he also said they cannot communicate with us neither can we communicate with them. I don't think we can argue that they exist, the point is whether they are able to communicate with us or not.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs About Aliens

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,