Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 51 of 54

Ghost is intrigued by the archaeologist's - Page 51 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Nov, 2014 - 5:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 54 pgs.  47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 
Closed
MAIN GAME - Only Players should post here. To create a Character go to Character Creation.
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2014 - 9:02am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power
A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 51

Bean, it's a box, not a bottle! Please read my post that mentions it in the first place, above. If you want Elaine to keep it a secret for whatever reason, feel free to do so!

~~~~~~~

Out of Character: The closest thing to a magical advisor would be the high-priest himself, but that's a part of the church, and is thus not really a part of the royal staff. So, a lore-keeper or some sort, or more preferably an agriculturalist advisor would be what "Ghost" Is looking for. I'm going for the latter!

In Character: The servant is quick to understand and even quicker to perform the deed he was bidden to accomplice. No later than hour, Ashipu meets the advisor at the balcony. Assuming Ashipu wasn't planning to ambush him or anything like that, the advisor sees the priest and asks loudly:

"What is the meaning of this disturbance? Is there anyone else besides you? I've been summoned here by the military, for some reason!?"

The man is in his mid-40's, known for decades of work in his scientific field, both practical and theoretical, mostly revered in the nobility for saving a year's crops from certain doom, after a terrible plant plague six years ago. His name is Saosduchinus, meaning "Ordained civil servant.").

~~~~~~~~~

I'm telling you, that cow dream is getting really weird, over time!.. Hard to explain that stuff via text, man!

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 21st Nov, 2014 - 9:05am

Sponsored Links:
21st Nov, 2014 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Out of Character: Sorry if I didn't make it clear, Ahipu would want to try to break into the adviser's room, while the adviser was gone. If it's pointless, then I can stop and undo all this.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2014 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ashipu hears the advisor saying this to a guard at the balcony, now sure that he'd be distracted for a while, then makes his move to his private chambers. He finds the door to be locked, however!

22nd Nov, 2014 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Page 51 Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Ashipu gives a hard shove against the door, however he knows he will make a lot of noise. If it doesn't open, he will walk quickly back to his sleeping quarters.

Strength check: 15 +2 = 17

23rd Nov, 2014 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Elric full of curiosity and excitement is simply having that weird cow dream. He feels that something is calling for him, someone needs him in the cow land. This is a sign for his future, a name for the new beggining.

He feels fascinated by it, and is driven away by it. He lets it to freely take him away, whenever it goes and he will follows. However, he may wake up if only a very shocking event occur.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2014 - 5:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ashipu slams the door with no result, and then returns to his room.

It's hard for me to comprehend why you decided to move Ghost in these actions, but I really have no problem with it. A 23 Strength check would have allowed a noisy passage!

~~~~~~~~~~

The morning finds everybody ready and waiting outside the throne room, as instructed. There, Elric, Ashipu "Ghost" And Bast are expecting to be announced to the king, along with the three men that were also present in the throne room yesterday. The three men now get a chance to introduce themselves.

One of them is an NPC who was just mentioned, Saosduchinus; the agriculturalist. A man in his mid-40's.

The second is Haldita, one of the best archeologists and explorers in the kingdom.

The third, and last companion to be joining the adventure is named Sumuel, and is a convicted criminal, guilty of more than forty thefts and break-ins, renowned for his sleight of hand and stealth skills, promised to be granted freedom and great wealth should he provide his skills to the rest.

Two guards are also in the waiting room.

As you await the king's call, you may talk to each other or the NPCs present. You may post that you remain silent, if you so wish; otherwise I will wait up to 48 hours before proceeding with a slightly long post, taking you from the waiting room to the beginning of the adventure, outside the city walls!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2014 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power - Page 51

Bast fingered the box in his pocket, still unsure if he should open it while he listened to Saosduchinus go on about the local Flora. He did find it quite fascinating how such plants could still thrive even in the Barren Lands. It was far more lush were he was from, so it was interesting to hear the variety of strategies the local plants employed to stay alive.

He hoped Elaine was getting on alright. She could take care of herself he was sure. And the money he was able to provide would certainly give her ample opportunity to make it back and help the others start over. He only wished he could be there with her.

But if they succeeded here, perhaps he could ask the King for a spot of the new utopia they would bring to this place. A new beginning for his order would be just what they need. After all they'd been through having a new place without the memories of the others would truly help their spirits he was sure.

25th Nov, 2014 - 5:40am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 51

Ghost is intrigued by the archaeologist's presence, as well as the thief. He approaches the man of station, deciding not to talk to the criminal in public.

"Greetings Haldita," He starts in a harsh whisper, "I am Ghost, an Ashipu, I do believe I have seen you around once or twice. I have heard of your archaeological work and have read a few old texts myself, in the Eblaite language.

"Do you know what we are to expect in the place we are going? What sources of information do you have?"

When answered he asks a question he himself is more interested in, "have you uncovered any spells in previous explorations? What about different burial practices?"

+  « First of 54 pgs.  47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.