Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 52 of 54

Thanks but no, my last post indicated that - Page 52 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2014 - 9:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 54 pgs.  48 49 50 51 52 53 54 
Closed
MAIN GAME - Only Players should post here. To create a Character go to Character Creation.
25th Nov, 2014 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 52

Elric seeing all of them busy, he finds a corner and a silent place to rest. Even thought it's sad for him to be forced here, on the positive side there is a grant reward and a rich life which awaits him after this mission. He can't really complain.

He wishes for a easy going and peacefull life, to live on and remember. He has to get stronger to achieve it thought, many more obstacles will come in his path that he can't run away from and nobody to come in rescue for him.

Even thought he feels sometimes lonely, he isn't and he knows it. He fortunately has his friend Larae, someone he can talk to althought he doesn't really believe that his pal can understand him or even talk but yet, it's something to him.

Looking forward to their exit he waits quitely on his peacefull space, patiently waiting for the king's call while drinking some zips of water out of his waterskin and lost in his thoughts.

Reconcile Edited: Kamsans on 25th Nov, 2014 - 2:06pm

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2014 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Also, forgot my spell list for the day. Ghost prayed while it was still dark, right before the sunrise.

Spells Prepared:
0: Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink
1: Cure Light Wounds, Magic Weapon, Shield of Faith, Darkvision
2: Bull's Strength, Death Knell, Vile Darkbolt

Out of Character: that reason for the attempted break in was because the high priest asked him to figure out what the advisors planned. Even though he had a new mission, more info wouldn't hurt.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 26th Nov, 2014 - 9:59am

Post Date: 29th Nov, 2014 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power
A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Excuse me for the delay, it's awfully hard to find the time and energy required for a respectable post! The NPCs each have a short story that I've written in my free time, and even though some might not get enough "Screen time", I always want them to have a reason behind their words. A post usually takes a lot of time!

Haldita answers Ashipu's questions:

"I only know what the legends say. Ancient scripture speaks of a mythos surrounding the plains that we call the Barren Lands. The exact location we are aiming for hasn't exactly been uncovered yet."

The man squeezes his lips in an uncomfortable-looking expression, then says:

"I, however, may hold the key to the discovery of the entrance to the caverns..!"

If you want, you may roll Sense Motive.

Sumuel stands silent, as Saosduchinus comments:

"...and you shouldn't be so open about that vital information! I believe everyone should keep whatever information they have secret, until we reach the very caves in question. We can't afford to have our plans foiled! Just yesterday night, somebody seems to have broken into my room; probably seeking information. Thankfully nothing was stolen from it, as nothing of importance to the quest was there. The guards only heard the door slam, as the burglar ran out of the room. I was lured away by a false invite by an army general!"

Sumuel is quick to react, obviously irritated:

"How can you be such a darn fool? Why are we even in the same team? I'm stuck here with a bunch of book geeks. You all probably never felt what it's like out in the road. I'd bet my soon to be claimed freedom that you won't survive a week without my help... Darned geeks..."

The thief's look ends up on Elric, as he focuses on him while saying his words. Saosduchinus didn't dare to respond to Sumuel's statement.

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 29th Nov, 2014 - 6:17pm

30th Nov, 2014 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 52 Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Sense Motive: 19 +3 = 22

Ghost is shocked and uncomfortable at the thief's comment. He really should have expected it from a man like that, but it was completely out of line. He would defend Elric if he knew how to retort, but is instead glad the focus is not on himself.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2014 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

The Sense Motive check reveals that Haldita seems highly uncertain to the validity of this "Key" Of his. Anyone rolling 20 or above understands the same.

30th Nov, 2014 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Elric realising it, looks away pretending to not paying attention to the "Conversation" Even thought he does. Patiently he tries to hold himself in not to say anything unnecessary. He surely felt offended but there is nothing he can do.

Instead, he remains silent and quite in his lonely corner where he feels more relaxed. With a soft voice he whispers. "This will be a long journey for us... Larae. A long and tough one." Refering to his friend and partner.

Sense Motive Check: 16+0 = 16

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2014 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power - Page 52

Not much time passes before the king calls the men in the throne room once more. This time, he only welcomes and issues each a kit containing the following:

- A personal tent
- 10 days worth of personal ration
- 2 lanterns
- Lantern oil bottle, which can keep a lantern lit for a total of a week. Highly flamable!
- First Aid kit (Healer's Kit in game terms)
- A waterskin full of water.

After that, the group is shown the small battalion that will be accompanying and protecting them. All members of the Elite Guard. 30 of them.

The caravan also has 15 servants, including a cook.

The caravan will be carried by mules, each tied to a covered wagon. The wagons contain the supplies for the trip, aside the personal ration divided to everybody.

Bean, would you like Elaine to join the trip? If so, all you have to do it either RP her coming or just mention it.

The trip begins shortly before midday, straight into the desert. By the time it's time for a meal, the sun is blazing hot, right above the caravan.

The wide open plains of nothingness, except of course of the occasional sand hill or rotting bones of a long-dead creature, are all signs of a long and difficult trip in the Barren Lands.

The cook hits his ladle against the one of his two boiling cauldrons, calling the adventuring group to be served first. The thief Sumuel rushed to grab a plate first, and gets served before anyone of the rest even manages to react to the call.

Now, everybody finally got their portion of their soup, and are sitting around talking. The elite guard behaves as expert soldiers, focused and vigilant. The same cannot be said with the mercenaries that are payed to be here by Ashipu. They just hang around, not really acting like soldiers. They haven't caused any problems, though.

Haldita seems to be searching through a couple of scrolls while eating, looking awfully worried.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2014 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 52

Thanks but no, my last post indicated that she would head back to help out as best she could. I'm not sure what the reason would be for her to show up now exactly. Unless you think it would be more interesting for the story. I don't mind role-playing it at all, but I can't think of a reason for her to come all of the sudden. Could the king suddenly insist?

"Excuse me," Bast says coming up to Haldita, "I couldn't help but hear before we left that you know of the ancient myth of this place we are going. Would you mind telling me a bit more about it?

Bast asks with some awe, "Is it true you unlocked the key to discovering this place? You must an amazing scholar to have done such a feat as that."

He can't help but think, at least from his impression so far, that buttering up Haldita will go far. Both in ingratiating himself with the man, and perhaps squeezing as much information as possible from him.

+  « First of 54 pgs.  48 49 50 51 52 53 54 

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.