Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 53 of 54

Within the box, Bast finds a silver and gold - Page 53 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Dec, 2014 - 8:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 54 pgs.  49 50 51 52 53 54 
Closed
MAIN GAME - Only Players should post here. To create a Character go to Character Creation.
3rd Dec, 2014 - 9:04am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 53

Ashipu sits next to Elric while eating. He speaks quietly, "The way that scum of the earth spoke to Saosduchinus and stared at you is just unacceptable. He doesn't know what he's really talking about. I am sure he is just jealous of people like us. But if he continues to speak out of place, he should be punished, don't you agree?"

"You know what more? Haldita the archaeologist didn't seem to be completely honest with us. I think he might not know where we are traveling to. Or worse, he could be leading us into a trap."

"Say, you know those two mercenaries I brought with us. They could be put to good use countering an ambush. However, I must admit I am down to my last 2 gold pieces, I don't have the 7 they want each day. If we succeed I'm sure you will think it a pittance compared to the riches we will have."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2014 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power
A Friend

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

"Hey... Look, now" responds Haldita to Bast "Umm... Bastis was it? I was advised to keep my knowledge to myself, but, I'll tell you this much."

Haldita took a quick glance at Sumuel, and after ensuring noone can hear them, he whispers to Bast:

"Remember that tale about the gemstone? Eh, half-true!.. You see, what has actually been uncovered is tha-"

Suddenly, Haldita stops, as a smirking Sumuel says from the distance, after swallowing a bite:

"You underestimate my perception! Remember my... Career? Come on, let's all hear it now! A half-told secret never works out well in the end... Yeah, I really should have told that girl that I had moved on..."

Haldita is surprised he was heared, and now looks even more anxious as people start staring him down. He doesn't talk.

The least experienced of the two mercenaries that Ashipu has hired has already left his plate down, and discreetly holds his sheathed sword with one hand, looking at Sumuel with distrust.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2014 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Bast looked stricken, clearly he walked into the middle of something he'd rather not be in at the moment. He slowly backs away from the conversation and goes to eat by his lonesome. If only Elaine were he thought dismayed.

3rd Dec, 2014 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Page 53 Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Elric feels down as someone can clearly see it painted in his face. Replying to Ashipu with a gently quite voice yet trying to pretend like it's nothing.

"Punished? No, no sir. Just let him say whatever he wants, althought I think he is right. I can't relay on others, I have to protect myself. He must be- no, you all must be really strong. You are summoned by the King afterall, I don't expect less from you."

He wears up a smile.

[b]"But worry not! Me and my partner can survive alone, we have survived for too long from the agent's eyes until now! Somehting like this journal will not hurt us. And... Don't you think you are overthinging it? He was also summoned by the King. Betrayal is out of the mind."[b]

Elric lowers his head as he thinks.

[b]"If you really worry about it thought, a counter measure for ambush is not a bad idea. Just to be sure, that's it. Oh, in addition. Did you get the potions that I asked you?"[b]

If Ghost did then Elric hands him the 100g for them and thank him, putting the potions in his belt pouch.

4th Dec, 2014 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

"Oh, yes! thanks for the reminder," Replies Ghost. He hands over a Cure Light Wounds and Endure elements. "I can reproduce both these effects with minor miracles, they are in case we become lost or something."

His attention is drawn by the silence that spreads across the camp and looks towards Haldita.

Out of Character: I just noticed your list on page 50 doesn't match all the potions I wanted, Johnathan. Were they more expensive or a maximum level?

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2014 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

No, it just must have been a mistake of mine. Please re-post what you have and what you've given to each other character. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of days passed in peace, as the caravan continued its way towards the unknown destination.

At one point, one of the younger of the two mercenaries that Ashipu has hired went and asked the main driver for more details on their destination. The driver tried to explain that that was classified information, and that asking too much can get him killed.

At least that's what the mercenary is describing to Ashipu right now, right before sleeping time in the camp.

"I mean, I'm willing to follow most any order, but this mission seems like walking into the darkness. I'm all for a fight or for adventure, but again, I'm far away from home destined for the unknown, surrounded by people who won't even tell me a thing! I'm... Scared!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Elric is getting everything ready for resting, he finds a strange note snuck in his bag:

I find you to be the most trustworthy, and I wish to share with you some information, in hope of forming some sort of an alliance with you.

I can't say anything more like this. If you wish for true justice and to serve your king, meet me tonight behind the third wagon tonight.

→Be alone or I won't show up!←

The third wagon is one of the storage wagons.

~~~~~~~~~~

For your information, the way people sleep is under the stars, in bedrolls around 3 campfires set between a circle of the wagons.

You may roleplay your resting for this night, in any way you wish, if you want to!

Bastis has still to open the little box. Did he even bring it with him? Please give me an update on this one.

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 6th Dec, 2014 - 12:29pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2014 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power - Page 53

Bast brought out the small box Elaine had given him with the note. Of all the things Alec could have left him, he puzzled at the box. It didn't appear to be all that unusual at first glance, but he couldn't seem to make out how to open the thing.

It didn't appear to have any visible hinges at all. No catch or latch, just a small grey wood box. However, when he tipped it from side to side, clearly there was something in there that could be felt to move back and forth.

He couldn't smash the box, or set it on fire obviously as it could damage the contents. So he sat and mused over why Alec would send it to him. It was obviously intended specifically for him, Alec had seen to that. So he must be able to open it, but how?

Just then Alistar winged down and perched onto his shoulder. Turning, Bast asked, "I don't suppose you know how to open this thing buddy?"

Without hesitation, Alistar bent his head and pecked the center of the box once, than twice more, than after a brief pause once more. There was an audible click from the box and gasp from Bast. Had Alec trained Alistar to do that?

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2014 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 53

Within the box, Bast finds a silver and gold ring that's shaped like two spiraling twines with protruding thorns made of a dark blue gemstone.

By examining it under the moonlight, he feels that this is no ordinary ornament, just by the mere touch of it... But Bast is not able to decipher the purpose or usage of the item. This wondrous ring wasn't mentioned by anyone Bast has heard before, either. No legend he's heard matches the appearance, or feel of this item...

This includes any attempt to decipher it using spells such as Detect Magic or Identify..!

Out of Character: I have to admit, I'm enjoying Bean's posts as much as any other player's, but Bean gave me some great inspiration for roleplaying my own Player Characters in other games; taking initiative like that is wonderful!

+  « First of 54 pgs.  49 50 51 52 53 54 

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.