Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 8 of 54

"Well, Kratos, one of my goals was to - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jun, 2014 - 11:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 54 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
MAIN GAME - Only Players should post here. To create a Character go to Character Creation.
16th Jun, 2014 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power - Page 8

Cyrvil, strangling to thing about the riddle. Trying to combine her own puzzles in her mind.

"Thee realms of architects of new reality which art build over time by many individuals. In other words, we can be the architects of these new realities. We walk among the newest of these lands as we travel across the Astral sea. He seeks a name that none alive still know in these new realities that we create. If they seek for him, he who appears in the dreams and the answer is a place, then the only place that we can find him is in our own dreams. Our land of dreams."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2014 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power
A Friend

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

The statue melts slowly as the door behind it slides sideways into the wall, revealing yet another chamber. You have solved the riddle! That was truly faster than I expected it to be, far beyond expectations! (The statue would animate and you"d have to fight it, if you couldn't figure it out.)

Inside, you see two men sitting on stone thrones carved into the bedrock. The men, as well as the thrones are three times bigger than a normal human being. Between the two, you see a metal rod, much like a small staff, with the symbol of lightning atop it. The men emit a god-like aura. The man on the left inspires respect into your hearts, while the other - fear.

The leftmost of the two men invites you in.

"Step forward, mortals! Do not think that you have succeeded yet. You still have to prove your worth!"

The second one speaks:

"You have proven yourselves; both in combat and in great wisdom. You have slain the Guardian, and solved the riddle."

The man sitting on the left continues:

"You have chosen the path of Achilles. A great warrior indeed. You are not him of course, but you are at least worthy of walking his path. You are now facing your last test"¦ Achilles had one major weakness. He was almost perfect, but was killed due to poison and infection, after an arrow hit him on his only mortal spot, result of his mother's mistake."

"You carry with you similar weak-spots, which are even weaker than your already weak and mortal souls. You, Gordon, for example, grew up without a mother and then even lost your father to a group of thugs. You"d love to take revenge, but you know that's impossible now. You don't admit it, and you shouldn't. But all those other boys, who had a loving mother, and now continue to look up to their fathers for advice; you wish you could say the same.", says the one sitting on the chair at your right, and then laughs.

The left one addresses Cyrvil: "You, woman, could never embrace the meaning of society in this world. You should have been executed, and cut off from the world of mortal men long ago. Your inability to adapt to a society and work with other people is probably the reason the Gods have bestowed upon you your fate of endless wandering. You"re just an excuse of a woman with wasted talents that goes around stealing, never good enough to hold her own. You wish you were better, and you wish you knew your meaning to your existence, but deep inside, you know that your life has no meaning at all!.."

Finally, the right gigantic man talks, while looking at Tucker: "For all the intelligence and smarts you carry with you, you were more than anyone present denied a normal life. Sold while still practically an infant, you became a apprentice/slave, in the service of what came to be the murderer of your own family. You spent your entire life reading and working, never really had the chance to enjoy life as is. You"d love to have had a chance to relive your childhood, but you have been denied things such as innocence and happiness. There is no going back for you."

The voice that sounded in the previous room sounds again. This time, the voice is stronger than before, and almost knocks you down from the vibrations around and inside you. You are now certain that it must be Zeus, himself, the father of the Gods.

"PROVE TO VIA AND KRATOS THAT YOU CAN EITHER CORRECT YOUR ERRORS OR REDEEM YOUR FATE. SHOW THEM HOW YOU CAN OVERCOME THE MISFORTUNES OF THE PAST, OR REPAIR THEIR DAMAGE. CONVINCE THEM THAT YOU ARE ABLE AND WILLING TO BECOME THE PERFECT LEADER, AND UNDER MY WATCHFUL EYE, MASTER THE VIRTUE OF HONOR AND JUSTICE."

Rather off topic, but...
Via/Bia = violence, referring to the godly man sitting on the right throne, Kratos = Law in general, referring to the godly man sitting on the left throne. These two figures, as any other mentioned thus far can be researched via any encyclopedia or the internet. For example, the virtue of honor and justice (αἰδώς & δίκη) is a subject I was writing about at my exams this year!

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 16th Jun, 2014 - 10:55pm

17th Jun, 2014 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cyrvil starts to panic.

"What's all this about? Errors? Fate? Society? Why, why is society so important? I choosed to travel on my own decision! I want to be a leader of my own self!" She says questioning as fear seems to follow her words.

17th Jun, 2014 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Gordon steps froward and and he says to Kratos after he said about Gordon's life:

"Listen, you know how I overcome all that you mentioned? It is done by forgetting the past and moving on to the present and not drawing back to the misfortunes that have happened already".

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2014 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Power Artifacts - Dragons and Dungeons Johnathans

Kratos replies to Gordon. "Well said! But are you able to understand what it means to punish? If you keep on forgetting the misfortunes that have happened already, then how are you to pass judgment? As a person claiming the magic rod, you have to prove your ability to punish, in order to achieve a greater goal, but not to exact personal revenge. - If the fate of your father's murderers was in your hand, right now, what would be your course of action, oh Gordon?"

Via laughs at Cyrvil: "Be a leader of your own self?! Foolish girl! You cannot possibly hope to claim the rod, thinking so naïve!"

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 17th Jun, 2014 - 10:45pm

17th Jun, 2014 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

After hearing this Gordon starts to think deeply but after a short while he replies to Kratos "I'm...I am not sure, first of all I want to know why these thugs killed my father and for what specific reason before making any judgement".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2014 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power - Page 8

"Very well! Then that you shall have!.. You see, James Fraz was targeted and victimized by a group of law-breaking individuals. He was framed of being guilty of a murder he had no idea about, and then threatened with false accusations on the court of the people.

The murder itself was a foul deed indeed, and the ones to blame are none other than the same people that trapped James in this pit of lies. He was offered a deal, so that he could pay a certain amount of Drachmae every week, in order not to be brought in front of the law.

James was a brave and lawful man, and even wanted to go through court to prove his innocence. But he couldn't risk it. He couldn't risk it, because of you, Gordon. He couldn't jeopardize your safety. With your mother dead there was no other to love you as he did.

So he did a great job raising you to become a worthy fighter, a proud Athenian hoplite! He was waiting until you'd be ready, and standing on your feet. It is then when he was ready to face justice.

The men were so insolent and insane, that killed him in their fury. Your father never got the chance to prove his innocence.

So, how would you punish those men, given the chance to do anything, from sending them to exile, to executing them?"

Reconcile Edited: Johnathan on 17th Jun, 2014 - 11:23pm

17th Jun, 2014 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - Artifacts Power D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

"Well, Kratos, one of my goals was to find the murderer and execute him so he can face justice. But somehow, I am not able to accomplish that, unfortunately".

> TOPIC: Johnathan's Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 - The Artifacts Of Power

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.