Socially Avoidant - Page 2 of 3

Shocking new role found for the immune system: - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Jul, 2016 - 11:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Autism Behavior
4th Feb, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant - Page 2

If the child has both friends with Aspergers and those who do not have it then his characteristics are unique to him. It is a myth that non-autistic kids pick up things from their autistic peers. They may do it for a short period of time IF they are very young, but not permanently. Otherwise we would be saying that autism is "contagious".

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2010 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Avoidant Socially

I didn't say he had Asperger's by any means. I said he showed some traits. There are scales they go by and he doesn't have enough of them for me to worry about having him tested. Those he does have are not at all severe.

Older kids have and do picked up habits from their peers as well, Asperger's aside. At what age they stop depends on the kids involved. That said, I'm sure they have picked up a few things from my son as well. It isn't a one way street.

On that topic, I do have an autistic friend who has said on a few occasions now that everyone is autistic to some degree, its a matter if they fall into the realm of the socially accepted norm or not.

4th Feb, 2010 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant Health & Special Psychology

international QUOTE (AmberFry @ 4-Feb 10, 6:20 PM)
I didn't say he had Asperger's by any means. I said he showed some traits.

I didn't say he has Aspergers (please re-read my quote) I was referring to his friends which you mentioned had Aspergers. My opinion was based on the presumption that your son is not autistic hence I said:

international QUOTE
It is a myth that non-autistic kids pick up things from their autistic peers.

10th Feb, 2010 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Avoidant Socially

I'm sorry but since my quotes were twice removed entirely I'm confused as to what specifically you want me to reread. As to what's there, and rereading it several times, I stand by my statements. Thanks.

5th Mar, 2010 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Avoidant Socially

I just wanted to add that this is also referred to as "Social Phobia" or SAD which means "Social Anxiety Disorder".

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2016 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Socially Avoidant

Social-behavioral readiness in kindergarteners impacts long-term success

Children who enter kindergarten behind in social-behavioral development are more likely to be held back, need more individualized supports and services, and be suspended or expelled, according to new research. Ref. Source 5x.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2016 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant - Page 2

Humanoid robotics and computer avatars could help treat social disorders

A collaborative research team has found humanoid robotics and computer avatars could help rehabilitate people suffering from social disorders such as schizophrenia or social phobia. It is thanks to the theory of similarity, which suggests that it is easier to interact socially with someone who looks, behaves or moves like us. Ref. Source 2k.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2016 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Socially Avoidant Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Shocking new role found for the immune system: Controlling social interaction

The immune system affects -- and even controls -- social behavior, a new study has found. Researchers discovered that blocking a single type of immune molecule made mouse brains go hyperactive and caused abnormal behavior; restoring it fixed both. The discovery could have enormous implications for neurological conditions such as autism and schizophrenia. Ref. Source 5p.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Socially Avoidant

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,