Michelle Obama - Page 3 of 9

First lady at Pendleton: Take care of families - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Jun, 2010 - 4:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »
Michelle Obama
16th Jun, 2009 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Michelle Obama - Page 3

Another racist statement against the Obamas. What a cruel, tasteless remark.

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - A state Republican activist has admitted to and apologized for calling a gorilla that escaped from the Riverbanks Zoo Friday an "ancestor" of First Lady Michelle Obama.

A screen capture of the comment, made on the Internet site Facebook, was obtained by FITSNews, the website of South Carolina politico Will Folks.

The image shows a post by an aide to state Attorney General Henry McMaster describing Friday morning's gorilla escape at Columbia's Riverbanks Zoo.

Longtime SCGOP activist and former state Senate candidate Rusty DePass responded with the comment, "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless."

DePass told WIS News 10 he was talking about First Lady Michelle Obama.

DePass has been involved in state politics for decades, and helped elect Republican Governor Jim Edwards in 1974. He was an early South Carolina supporter of former President George W. Bush in 2000.

We asked some of DePass' political allies and rivals what they thought about the comment.

"Even if it was taken out of context - its not something that should have ever been said. It's sad, disappointing, and unfortunate," said former SCGOP Chairman Katon Dawson.

Columbia Mayor Bob Coble also condemns the comment.

"You know, I think the comment is inappropriate. It's a racist comment," he says. "I think Mr. DePass should apologize."

We spoke with DePass over the phone Friday night. He said, "I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest."

"You know, I don't think there's anything funny about that comment," says Coble. "That is the First Lady of the United States. We've had a long tradition of wonderful first ladies, and I don't think any of them deserve that type of comment....

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
21st Jun, 2009 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Obama Michelle

What an idiot. The fact is, because of Darwin, many people think we are ALL descended from apes. Based on that, it could have been his (DePass') ancestor, not hers.

Truly what saddens me most is that, in spite of great advances, racists are alive and well in this country. Ignorance and hate are hard to eliminate from the public "group-think" in some social circles.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2010 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Michelle Obama History & Civil Business Politics

First Lady calls her kids fatties

First Lady Michelle Obama has picked childhood obesity as her issue to battle for. A noble cause, for sure, but no one expected she'd single out her kids as being obese, especially considering they don't exactly look very big. Glenn plays the audio and reacts, then dives into a discussion on BMI. How healthy is Glenn? He goes over the disturbing numbers on radio this morning. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2010 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Obama Michelle

Why liberals stink at national security

The First Lady has come out and declared the newest threat to our national security. Quick! Pull the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and start rounding up the little fatty kids who are trying to destroy America! Read the interesting thoughts from our First Lady... Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 13th May, 2010 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Obama Michelle

Michelle Obama - regulating advertising?

It's going to take a politician with a spine of steel to stand up to this one because it's all done in the name of keeping kids healthy. You could put almost anything in front or behind those three words and people would be for it - 'The Keeping Kids Healthy & Strip Mine Yellowstone Act of 2010' would breeze through the House and Senate. Glenn has the story on radio today. Ref. Michelle Obama - regulating advertising?

It's going to take a politician with a spine of steel to stand up to this one because it's all done in the name of keeping kids healthy. You could put almost anything in front or behind those three words and people would be for it - 'The Keeping Kids Healthy & Strip Mine Yellowstone Act of 2010' would breeze through the House and Senate. Glenn has the story on radio today.

20th May, 2010 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Michelle Obama

I would have loved to have been there to see that happening live:

international QUOTE
Kid tells Michelle Obama 'my mom has no papers'

Many are wondering if this debacle of a scene with the First Lady the other day was a setup. She was talking to some young school children when a child starts saying that her mom tells her Barack Obama is sending everyone without papers back to their own country. She then proceeds to explain that her mom does not have her papers. Oops. Glenn has the story today on radio. Ref. Source 8

Does Mrs. Obama have a responsibility to make sure the kids mother is investigated?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th May, 2010 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

Michelle Obama - Page 3

She isn't a prosecutor, the is the first lady. I don't think it is her responsiblity to do this, many others heard it.

I wonder why her hair is strait though. From what I understand African American's hair is not naturally strait. They have to put a very harmful chemical into their hair to make it strait, or wear a weave (fake hair). It is concerning to me that she is sending a message to other African Americans to change their natural hair.

While this is not a huge political issue I think it matters. I think she should let her hair be natural and set an example for other African Americans.

Most African Americans spend millions if not billions of dollars on hair products every year in a whole. Painfully changing their natural hair to make themselves appear to be more white. Many of them being in the lower income spend money they don't have to so this. While it is not her responsibility, I would have hoped she would set an example.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 20th May, 2010 - 11:32pm

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2010 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

Michelle Obama Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

First lady at Pendleton: Take care of families

First lady Michelle Obama brought her national call to action on behalf of military families to Camp Pendleton on Sunday, where she challenged each American to find a way to support service members and their loved ones. Ref. Source 3

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Michelle Obama

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,