Mixing Business With Pleasure

Mixing Business Pleasure - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Apr, 2016 - 8:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2005 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Often you will hear humans say, "I do not mix Business with Pleasure". Others tend to disagree saying that pleasure is sometimes necessary. Is there anything really wrong mixing 'Business with Pleasure'? Give your arguments and definition to this phrase.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2005 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pleasure Business Mixing

I think the definition of mixing business with pleasure is ultimately what defines this argument. If mixing business with pleasure allots you dating others at your company, then its not a good idea. If it is simply enjoying yourself at work and not becoming all work and no play, then its essential to keeping a good working relationship with your boss and co-workers. I prefer to define it as the later. I can enjoy myself and even have fun at work with my boss and co-workers. In a play where my decision can mean peoples lives, it is essential to not getting burnt out at the position.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2005 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mixing Business With Pleasure History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with konquererz on the two types of definitions of mixing business with pleasure. It is one thing to enjoy your work and to be on good terms with your co-workers, but I believe entering into serious relationships or even light relationships can easily cause conflict.

I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that a person should NEVER date somebody they work with, but it should definately be done extremely carefully, especially if one of the two is in a leadership position. That's when issues of favoritism begin to spark up. Plus, when a person sleeps around with a bunch of co-workers it makes for a very bad atmosphere. That kind of mixing is unacceptable, in my opinion.

22nd Sep, 2005 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Pleasure Business Mixing

The work environment and structure also matters. In many of the start up companies where the workforce is close knit and small, it is much more likely that the two will mix. In a structured company or organization where there is a strict hierarchy and chain of command must be maintained without question, there will be much less. Sometimes decisions must be made that are much harder if you are worried about making things less fun.

Wyldehorse

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 2 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.2%

22nd Sep, 2005 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Pleasure Business Mixing

I tend to agree that mixing personal relationships (On a dating level) on the job is not a good idea. Favoritism if the relationship is going well, and then ostracism when it ends badly. Either way, it makes for a tense atmosphere in the office. However, I've known folks who met at work and later married.

Some companies have a strict policy of no dating amongst employees, and some even go so far as to have a policy of no married couples on staff!

Another definition of "Mixing business and pleasure" is taking a trip to some exotic locale, such as Hawai'I, ostensibly to attend continuing education or a business conference or convention. Well, is it really all business? Most of us have heard and seen how those business conventioneers can be, and that sure isn't "Business."

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2005 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

We are such a tight nit group at my job, that we always get together and go out to happy hour and such on paydays. We have extreme fun and even though I don't drink now, it's still so fun to laugh off all the stressful events from the week. The head haunchos come out once in a while and I think it's great for morale that they are able to kick back and share some laughs with the rest of us. As for dating in the workplace, I think it should be avoided. I'm sure there would be nothing more uncomfortable than breaking up with your workplace sweetheart and having to see their face everyday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Sep, 2005 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Mixing Business Pleasure

To mix business with pleasure depends on the business, morticians for example. People may be dieing to see them but after all they cannot take a joke very well, so you have to be somber. Toy stores are the best place to mix business with pleasure, but the customer might think you are playing around too much and just joking, so it all depends on the business. But to enjoy one's business is the best thing to keep one's sanity.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 15 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.5%

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2016 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mixing Business Pleasure Politics Business Civil & History

Proposed policy would prohibit dating between supervisors, subordinates

Romantic relationships among supervisors and subordinates would be clearly defined as inappropriate. Ref. Source 8t.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mixing Business With Pleasure

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,