Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil - Page 2 of 4

I agree but the oil companies do not. They - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jun, 2008 - 4:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Bush fails...
16th Jun, 2008 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil - Page 2

Let me see a few years ago the oil companies out right said we are not getting a high enough price they wanted 1.40 per liter but the price was only around 90 cents. So the jacked it up due to floods down south. Jumped to 1.30 every one cried but really did not change life style. This alone tells me the price had room to still increase and now it has, what ever excuse they want to use let them the truth is they are trying to find the point where most only slightly reduce their usage. After the hike it settles down to around 1.15 to 1.20. Now this year they are tired of the waiting game and have pushed it to the point they were hoping for. It seems however that it might be a slight but high. Not much say 7 cents.

We will see the production increase slightly but more important also a slight reduction in demand allowing for the tolerance of 1.30 ball pack per liter. Once more alternate fuels hit the market and more hybrids we will see this jump a bit again to allow profit to remain the same.

Reality is this oil companies will be the ones who release new fuel sources such as Hydrogen and will try to keep electric cars out of the market still as they do not own any nuclear stations though that could change also. Not every one will like the idea of riding on a hydrogen bomb and will stay with the gas engine. But the gas engine will be getting much greater millages then we are seeing now and the fuel being produced will be of a greater standard also. The cost per mile will remain the same as we pay now but the cost per liter might quadruple to compensate for it. After all it is not the cost per gallon we really care about it is the over cost of operating you car.

Too many think both are the same but they are not. If motor that can get 120 mpg will run cleaner and have better engine life. The cost of fuel and the car will rise to match it. Result over the life of the car is our operating expenses remain the same.

Right now oil companies are just boosting profits to build a bank roll, but why? Perhaps that is the real question.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2008 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil
A Friend

Oil Increase Want Not Saudis

I think they are boosting their bank rolls to make sure they have the money to invest in some of the newer technologies coming out of the increased rise in oil prices. This will allow them to get into those technologies and thus remain competative and keep our money flowing their way. If the do not then we will see the increased downfall of the big oil companies.

16th Jun, 2008 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil History & Civil Business Politics

I pondered that also Kntoran, perhaps they are also afraid profits might drop a bit till all the new technology is in place. After all government red tape can be a slow process in getting things approved for use in Canada and it is a bit easier in some of the States though not all of them.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

17th Jun, 2008 - 6:00am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Oil Increase Want Not Saudis

QUOTE (JB @ 15-Jun 08, 5:52 AM)
2. Did not want to look as though Bush convinced them to increase oil production which was the purpose of his last visit to the region some weeks ago.

I think you are spot on with this assumption. I'm sure there are other factors, but not wanting to look like they are giving in to Bush is a big one. Greed has a lesser impact because they are already obscenely wealthy to the point that more money is not going to make much of an impact.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2008 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Oil Increase Want Not Saudis

Oil price up despite Saudi pledge

Oil prices rise after emergency talks in Jeddah over the weekend end with no real resolution.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7468555.stm

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2008 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That does not surprise me at all. I think the cost of oil is going to keep rising for a long time too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jun, 2008 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Saudis Not Want Increase Oil - Page 2

Why do we have to keep importing oil from rebel and half-faced nations when the thing is deep within our own borders. Tell congress to forget OPEC, the Saudis and Chavez's Citgo and we'll just get the darn thing ourselves! The price will go down so much those foregin oil companies will have to beg us to buy from them!

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2008 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Saudis Not Want Increase Oil Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I agree but the oil companies do not. They would rather spend the money on 'cheap' easy to get foriegn oil than drill down to get our own.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Saudis Do Not Want To Increase Oil

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,